Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Homelink tip, especially for gates

When you program an entry for Homelink, you will get a confirmation message immediately after the car syncs with your opener. At that point, the car knows what signal to send. After you get the confirmation message, it asks you to press continue. It isn't until after you press continue that the car associates the current location with the entry you are programming. You can move the car in between those steps if needed.

Suppose you need to program the car to open a gate to a crowded community. You start off parked anywhere you want, such as your driveway. You create a Homelink entry, and are given instructions. You follow them, exit the vehicle, aim the remote control at the front, and wait for the headlights to blink. Now you drive to the point where you will use the remote control to open the gate and press continue. The programming is now done, and your current location is the one associated with the Homelink entry.

In the interim between syncing with the remote and finishing up, the prompt will stay in place, but everything else will work. If you need to press an existing entry to get out of your garage, it's no problem. If you need to back up and see the camera and the sensors, the prompt will return when you put the car in drive.

You no longer need to get out of your car at the location you want to memorize.

SIRI can be used completely hands free if you turn on the "Hey SIRI" feature in General Settings on the iPhone. Note: the feature only works when the phone is plugged into some power source. Once you satisfy these two conditions, you can talk to SIRI without having to push the button from your Tesla S? Bluetooth connection.

Has anyone discovered if the A/C and heat can be turned off and still allow the fan to blow outside air into the car ?
i could roll down the window but prefer to have the cabin filter filter out any dust.

Provided you don't have the "windshield" vents enabled... that will cycle the A/C compressor on for dehumidification purposes, even if you have the A/C set to "Off" and don't have "Defrost" on... which I find annoying.

Note sure if this has been covered but:

I had the charging screen up while driving.
When re-genning the picture shows when the brake lights come on!

It also shows the signals on the driver's side. And when the headlights come on
versus the DRL's.

There should be a little headlamp marker that displays on the driver screen, above and slightly left (from memory) of the 11 o'clock position from the driver's center information circle, when the headlights are on. It's in the space where all the little warning lights briefly flash at startup.

Yep, of course I have that icon, tested the brake lights just before entering a tunnel and sure enough the lights changed on the display.
It was a nice touch.

JoshG, does this one still work? I heard it was (stupidly) disabled. In Florida, this would be extremely helpful . . .

G) The Key Fob
1) ALL WINDOWS DOWN:
press and hold the "roof" (middle) button on your keyfob to lower all the windows at once. nice when walking up to a hot car. [JoshG]