Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks everyone!

However, I was really hoping this was an indicator that I might be one of the first to get delivery in the area. I replied asking if they had any more details on the ordering process and of course they said they didn't.

I'm hoping for an April/May delivery. Do you all think that is possible? Performance+ with a fairly common exterior/interior colors and FSD. I have no prior Tesla orders so I know that might hurt my chances of an early delivery.

Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks everyone!

However, I was really hoping this was an indicator that I might be one of the first to get delivery in the area. I replied asking if they had any more details on the ordering process and of course they said they didn't.

I'm hoping for an April/May delivery. Do you all think that is possible? Performance+ with a fairly common exterior/interior colors and FSD. I have no prior Tesla orders so I know that might hurt my chances of an early delivery.

Here is what I think: How long a wait?

You can ask, but anyone here is only guessing.

Reactions: Aarons12
I was a day one order (Performance+, black/white interior 5 seat, FSD) and I was contacted by my NJ Tesla dealer yesterday with this seemingly spammy message. Is this customary to get an email like this? Not sure why they are trying to get me to demo a different car than the one they just congratulated me on.....also they don't seem to have the order prices lined up with the email since my P+ version will be more than $55k and thus ineligible for the tax rebate.

==============================

Hi XXXX, this is XXXX from Tesla.

Congrats on your recent Model Y reservation!

I have some super exciting news that I wanted to pass along! The New Jersey electric car rebate signed by Gov. Murphy is in full effect. As of Jan. 17th 2020, any Tesla $55K or less ordered as of Jan. 17, 2020 will be eligible for the $5,000 rebate.

I would love to invite you to our Garden State Plaza location for a Demo Drive in our Model X, S or 3 or to discover how easy it is to save money with Tesla solar.

What day of the week typically works best for you?

================================
I got something similar about 6 weeks ago -- two separate SA's referenced my Model Y reservation and both trying to convince me to consider a Model 3 -- since it was both cheaper and available now. One contact was via text; the other through email.

I called four stores yesterday...NYC, Boston, Estero and Nashville. The Nashville store told me 18 months. The Boston store told me end of the year. The NYC store said end of year. The Estero store told me 20 months. I pre-ordered a Model Y AWD, 5 seats in early Jan. 2020. $2,500 deposit. I gave the NYC salesman my RN number and he told me there are 400,000 pre-orders.

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn
"There are 400,000 preorders of these man and you just preordered yours last month" I was surprised that he said it, but he did.
The problem is that we've heard wildly different numbers from different sources and many of them Tesla customer service representatives. There are many factors that lead me to believe that there were less than 100,000 (even 50,000) pre-orders prior to the early release announcement that deliveries would take place in March. Factors include high preorder cost, previous late 2020 release, low social media buzz, higher entry price than Model 3, and the fact that most early adopters already have a Model 3 and will wait to get another/Y. In all reality, i'm just hoping it's sooner because i'm super excited.

The problem is that we've heard wildly different numbers from different sources and many of them Tesla customer service representatives. There are many factors that lead me to believe that there were less than 100,000 (even 50,000) pre-orders prior to the early release announcement that deliveries would take place in March. Factors include high preorder cost, previous late 2020 release, low social media buzz, higher entry price than Model 3, and the fact that most early adopters already have a Model 3 and will wait to get another/Y. In all reality, i'm just hoping it's sooner because i'm super excited.
A lot of unknowns at this point but assuming 1000 Model Y units being built weekly once they're at full scale production and assuming 30,000 pre-orders based upon various analysis done by members here, it could be 7-8 months before all pre-orders are fulfilled. Performance 5 seaters pre-orders first, then LR AWD 5 seaters, then 7 seaters. No clue on what's going on with the RWD versions.

Anyone that has put in their reservation in 2020 most likely won't see their units until early Q3 2020, imo, but again, like everything else, this is just speculation.

Reactions: jimmym1981
I was shocked when I was told 18 months by the Nashville store. That is why I called so ma
We will find out in 39 days.
I hope they are wrong. I was shocked when I was told 18 months by the Nashville store, that is why I called 3 other stores. What the stores told me does not add up...production is way ahead of schedule. And by the way, I understand that Tesla fulfills by region, that is why I called middle of US first then East coast.

I am super excited too. I hope what I was told yesterday was wrong. The 400,000 number seemed way to high to me too.

I called four stores yesterday...NYC, Boston, Estero and Nashville. The Nashville store told me 18 months. The Boston store told me end of the year. The NYC store said end of year. The Estero store told me 20 months. I pre-ordered a Model Y AWD, 5 seats in early Jan. 2020. $2,500 deposit. I gave the NYC salesman my RN number and he told me there are 400,000 pre-orders.
400,000 pre-orders! There is a big round number hopefully picked out of the sky. Why would they drop the deposit if they had so many orders or has this happened since they did? Why would Tesla keep that info under their hats if it is true; afraid that there stock may go up more or that there will be no more orders due to time frame? 5000 a week by mid-summer and some production started in January puts the 1.5 to 2 year time frame in the ball park for the last unlucky soul to get theirs if 400,000 orders is correct? I was hoping with the deposit price there may be less but who knows. We all need to wait for the official statement; hopefully in March when (if) they start delivery.

400,000 pre-orders! There is a big round number hopefully picked out of the sky. Why would they drop the deposit if they had so many orders or has this happened since they did? Why would Tesla keep that info under their hats if it is true; afraid that there stock may go up more or that there will be no more orders due to time frame? 5000 a week by mid-summer and some production started in January puts the 1.5 to 2 year time frame in the ball park for the last unlucky soul to get theirs if 400,000 orders is correct? I was hoping with the deposit price there may be less but who knows. We all need to wait for the official statement; hopefully in March when (if) they start delivery.
He said pre-orders but maybe he meant pre-orders and orders total. That makes more sense, I'm sure there was a huge surge in orders after the earnings call on Jan. 29th and when the price changed from $2,500 to $100.

400,000 x 2500 = 1 billion. Hope they invested our money wisely.
one of the MY facebook pages has a link to an Elon blog post from 2006 laying out their whole business plan. in it they point out that all monies are re-invested for further development. and i think that's accurate. in the past couple of weeks as i have joined the tesla cult by reading and learning, i have come across several articles saying that tesla is 5-6 years ahead of everybody else, and GAINING!

in case you haven't seen it
The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me)

So in April 2019, I pre-ordered a long range rear wheel drive. A few months ago, I changed it to AWD. Like everyone else, I kept my same pre-order number. Does anyone have any guesses if my spot in line is based upon my original RWD order? Or did I get to move up to the AWD line? And will I be near the front or near the back?

So in April 2019, I pre-ordered a long range rear wheel drive. A few months ago, I changed it to AWD. Like everyone else, I kept my same pre-order number. Does anyone have any guesses if my spot in line is based upon my original RWD order? Or did I get to move up to the AWD line? And will I be near the front or near the back?
What was the additional cost for moving up to AWD?