Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In order to be added to the major stock indexes, Tesla will need to show a GAAP profit in 1Q, so my guess is that the most profitable autos-Performance, FSD, AWD, paint and wheel upgrades- are going out the door first. The less profitable versions will be produced when the ramp up is high enough that volume will produce sufficient profit.

In order to be added to the major stock indexes, Tesla will need to show a GAAP profit in 1Q, so my guess is that the most profitable autos-Performance, FSD, AWD, paint and wheel upgrades- are going out the door first. The less profitable versions will be produced when the ramp up is high enough that volume will produce sufficient profit.

This isn’t true though because Performance and AWD orders are being fulfilled and trucks have been spotted transporting AWD variants. Plus no one who orders a white interior (the more expensive option) has received a delivery email.

I wish we knew how many of the 590 actually received the email. I updated my entry (I think!), but I'm sure some forgot in all the excitement!

Yea, there was one or two cross posts in Reddit, mostly in comments. Even the Model 3 sheet misses entries. However, that is a good one to look at sample size if you want to extrapolate results. Crossposting to other forums would help to remind and gather more data.

If you're not aware, Teslike Troy has a tracker for those who are jumping in and doing orders now that the Model Y ordering is up and running with deliveries starting in March.

Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

How does one add to the tracker? Do I send Teslike Troy a PM or request permission to edit the sheet? Just ordered my AWD Long range on July 24 in Burlingame CA and was quoted 2 months:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

How does one add to the tracker? Do I send Teslike Troy a PM or request permission to edit the sheet? Just ordered my AWD Long range on July 24 in Burlingame CA and was quoted 2 months:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Go to this link Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet and select the "Google form to add or edit your data" option.

• Helpful
Reactions: Troy
Please educate a first time Tesla purchaser: what does “a production slot has been assigned for your vehicle” mean? Is it anything to get excited about? I can guess at it’s meaning but I’ve learned during this painful purchase experience not to put much faith in what Tesla says.