Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wondered that but the 2020.40.4 to .8 download was very quick (so probably quite small) and I don't think (hope as it was no 'quantum leap') .4 has any evidence of the rewrite in it.

Hmmmm..

IIRC Green mentioned the FSD Beta firmware (2020.40.8.10) was just the same 2020.40.8 everyone has, with the drive-on-streets stuff slapped on top of it, so that's not too surprising nothing else changed.

Maybe I need to take 2020.40.8 for a test drive after all.

2020.40.8 downloaded on the way to work and installed just after I arrived. My car hasn't slept since. I did a reboot after I got home but still no sleep at all since the update. Fortunately Agile prices are low again this weekend.

mine updated last night too, I was a little perplexed as it didn’t seem to sleep all night either. But it’s now sleeping just fine. Maybe it was doing some secret BMS stuff or extra processing that kept it awake.

mine updated last night too, I was a little perplexed as it didn’t seem to sleep all night either. But it’s now sleeping just fine. Maybe it was doing some secret BMS stuff or extra processing that kept it awake.

Don't know if it's a coincidence, but I just did a password reset on my Tesla account. TeslaMate is still showing it online but if I swipe into the widget on my iPhone it shows the car as asleep.

Don't know if it's a coincidence, but I just did a password reset on my Tesla account. TeslaMate is still showing it online but if I swipe into the widget on my iPhone it shows the car as asleep.
If you reset your Tesla password then all API keys will have been voided, so yes TeslaMate would cease to work (although it might think it is working).

Log out of it and log back in again.

An icon I do not recognise - from FSD beta .8.10 - beta build related?

upload_2020-10-24_10-32-57.png

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
2020.40.8 downloaded on the way to work and installed just after I arrived. My car hasn't slept since. I did a reboot after I got home but still no sleep at all since the update. Fortunately Agile prices are low again this weekend.

My MS R LR stayed online for some 30 hours after the .8 update. Did eventually sleep after a drive. While online it dragged my (not so) broadband to a standstill which is usually the car uploading disengagement data or similar. Since I doubt Tesla actually even make use of it, I wish they would use their own LTE connection or allow me to clear the outbound buffer!

...radar updates,,,

That's one I noticed and would be unhappy about if it is a prerequisite for useable AP / FSD. Phantom braking in all its guises is too prolific and not acceptable imo. (I have been noticing more 'random slowing' too. Not a braking event, but coming alongside trucks and having AP slow me down to maintain same speed as the truck.)

I'm mildly depressed that having only owned the car for just over 6 months it's already at the point where future updates are going to have things that don't apply to my car because it's "obsolete". I'm mainly thinking things like charge port heating, passenger vent disabling when no one present, efficiency improvements due to heatpump/octovalve, etc. :(

I do know what you mean, but on the upside you will continue to get software updates and additional features that are based in said software - had you bought any other marque you would most likely still have the same feature set you left the dealership with!

Preconditioning threshold seems have been lowered within the last two UK releases.

Preconditioned right down to 9% with supercharger selected at 14-15%. Previously, ~17% was the limit.

View attachment 602041

That's handy as it never made much sense before if the car knows you have a buffer. You can always tap it off if your concerned anyway.

App decided to wake me up at 0221 to tell me it had an update :confused:. Might have to turn app notification off !

Last edited: