Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you try using an app password instead of disabling 2FA? Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

I'm in a loaner Model 3 for the next month or so whilst mine gets sorted out after getting hit. I'll go down and try to log in using this method and see that that works.
Yup I tried that.. didn't work for some reason. It would only accept my full Google password, which given I use a password manager is not the most enjoyable thing to slowly tap in.

I'm sure app passwords used to work on other things like Outlook, etc so don't entirely know why it didn't work in the car. Perhaps they are not allowed on browsers that considered "weak".

It's possible the "Allow insecure apps" setting change did nothing, and it was disabling 2FA that made it work, but I did both changes at the same time so can't be sure. All I know is that the following morning I was able to log in to the native YouTube app.

I'm guessing Thursday for us...

I switched on advanced updates hoping to get prompt access to the vision based driver concentration monitoring but it looks like its not actually landed on any UK cars so far so might revert back to standard as I'm not entirely sure its not the TeslaVision system as some recent cars without radar are also getting it.

I'm guessing Thursday for us...

I switched on advanced updates hoping to get prompt access to the vision based driver concentration monitoring but it looks like its not actually landed on any UK cars so far so might revert back to standard as I'm not entirely sure its not the TeslaVision system as some recent cars without radar are also getting it.
Could be as early as tonight. I sometimes see a double ramp up In one evening. As you say though, internal camera may only be in the background if at all. One wonders if another low volume incremental set of updates are heading our way. …and of course why?

I switched on advanced updates hoping to get prompt access to the vision based driver concentration monitoring but it looks like its not actually landed on any UK cars so far

So it looks like the vision based driver monitoring is probably just for radarless cars so far. I wonder what the reason for that is - maybe a 'surprise' for V11?

Next tweet down. It looks like Tesla have officially relaxed some of the restrictions on the operational domain of TACC. I'm sure that TACC (and Autosteer) is already widely used in that way due to the number of posts when it does not perform as expected.

Last edited:
It would appear that 4.18.2 is the convergence of the limited 4.15.x branch NN's back into general release. So watch out for autowipers potentially not recognising road spray.

My mate in Aus has just msg'd me about the Youtube login:

Apparently if you navigate to a Runescape video on YT - one which has a Runescape url in the description and click through from there, it will log you in to Youtube.

He also mentioned 360 birdseye camera view coming very soon?

• Informative
Reactions: Dilly
New data point on the YouTube Google login. My car is in the body shop after an accident so I have a hire model 3. It’s running 2021.4.18. Since I’m in this for a month or so, I decided to log into YouTube to avoid the adverts.

My google account has 2FA enabled and I did not turn on “allow insecure apps”

I opened YouTube
Clicked Log in
Went through the entire login flow, including 2FA
And was signed in!
No workarounds, nada!

1623179967611.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Durzel