Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, not just me then. Bit of a pain having to check the car, particularly if you have a journey first thing

As well as no app notification, I didn't even get the release notes on screen when I first got into the car. Update looks fine but I hope it all completed successfully. I always do a reboot first thing after which normally presents release notes again, but again, nothing, although as I didn't get the release notes first time prior to reboot I did do things in a slightly different order - ie read the release notes (above) in software section.

Reactions: spon88
Yup. I've lived places where I would be unhappy owning a car without that feature. Literally the chavs can be in and out before you know what's happening. Also why cars should always auto lock when in drive (I regularly saw bags stolen from people waiting at lights etc.).
Happened to a colleague 3 or 4 years ago - on his way out of Manchester (Regent Road to the M602 for locals,) and had his boot opened and laptop stolen while sat in a queue of traffic. Evidently, there was a regular spate of similar thefts on the same road at that time.

My car is currently sleeping for a couple of months & I have had software update notifications on my phone two days and twelve days after Ieaving it but have resisted opening the app until I reach at least four weeks. The iPhone widget shows 15 days 2h since the app was last used and SOC at that time as 89%.

Be interesting to see SOC and what update will be pending when I do check - I'm rather hoping it will skip to the latest rather than just 40.6 which I assume was the next due. The ten day gap between phone notifications makes me hope that the first was that and the next for 44.x although I suspect it was just a second reminder for 40.6.

In any event I will gently wake her from hibernation in person before attempting any update.

Reactions: RW2108
I think it changed after 40.6 But two button/brake reset is different now.
for me it was press and hold until the logo came up on screen which was about 35 seconds.
Now I press and hold and after 50+ seconds the normal home/satnav screen comes on
anyone seen that? Makes me wonder if we need to hold the buttons down anymore

Wonder if Sonic is hiding ready for a Christmas Day reveal? Like others I couldn't give a damn about this, but making wipers work correctly (not possible) or making them readily/safely adjustable (press wiper button, left scroll wheel to cycle the speed settings only while wiper settings are on the screen) actually would be a good improvement.

I live in eternal hope, many of the poor UI/HMI issues of the past have been fixed - setting cruise to actual speed rather than the speed limit is one good example.

Reactions: DrivenRay
for me it was press and hold until the logo came up on screen which was about 35 seconds.
Now I press and hold and after 50+ seconds the normal home/satnav screen comes on
Same exp as me since 40.6, I have not timed it but it feels like you are holding for much longer and no T Logo appears just goes straight to home screen.

Glad it's not just me then?!

I did a reset yesterday, and the car had a hissy fit, and the screen went blank for about 15-20mins! Thought I'd killed it! 😂

Not mine

Attachments

• IMG-20211216-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20211216-WA0014.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.