Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2. (more importantly, but not to Tesla) it is poor software management to push test software out in one hit, with the limited testing Tesla chooses it is safer to release in batches and hopefully catch the bugs before they get too widely distributed (Telsa's software management and numbering scheme is dire)
Musk subscribes to the monkeys, typewriters and complete works of Shakespeare method of programming. Got enough monkeys? Get more typewriters!

• Funny
Reactions: goRt
Just to add, performing the seat calibration screws your saved positions up! Also if you're not very flexible I'd get out of the seat while it performs it 🤣🤣
Yes I discovered that and as I have the physical profile of a chinese budha I did briefly fear for my life as I flung myself out of the car to prevent disembowelment - it did however fix my problem with seats fully reclining when changing driver profiles

Last edited:
This really isn’t a thing. Anecdotal evidence, my own experience included, is that over this past year many new owners have received software updates either the day of collection or certainly within days of collection.
Whereas others have certainly had to wait 3+ weeks on software that was multiple revisions old before they were offered an update. Q3 21 seemed to be one of those periods when people had to wait a long time.

Maybe the car has to be born before an update is released for it to be included in the rollout schedule and they aren’t added retrospectively, so you have to wait for the next one to be released before you get an update. Maybe some updates are deemed critical and are pushed out quickly to all vehicles, even the new ones, so if you happen to take delivery when one of those updates is being rolled out you will be included. Who knows, Tesla aren’t transparent with how update scheduling works.

This really isn’t a thing. Anecdotal evidence, my own experience included, is that over this past year many new owners have received software updates either the day of collection or certainly within days of collection.
I can confirm I received an update within 48 hours of taking ownership. It was also only one update out from new. Busts the myth that new cars have “old stable software” and that software upgrades are delayed.

Why would having worked on over 200 cars give you any particular insight as to when new owners first get a firmware update?

OP: I got my first update within 24 hours too :D
It’s a bizarre claim that some people feel it’s a hill they’re willing to die on. I personally don’t understand it. Many new owners have reported receiving updates within days of collection/delivery, so it’s certainly not a certainty that new cars don’t receive updates for at least a month. 🤷‍♂️

It’s a bizarre claim that some people feel it’s a hill they’re willing to die on. I personally don’t understand it. Many new owners have reported receiving updates within days of collection/delivery, so it’s certainly not a certainty that new cars don’t receive updates for at least a month. 🤷‍♂️
please show me where i said it was certain

Big push to 44.6 today (744 so far on TeslaFi, including mine in the early hours):

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 09.04.16.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.