Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20211224_084339.jpg

Reactions: Llama.
Excellent upgrade and I like the dark mode because sometimes I find the bright screen a bit distracting. The best aspect for me is the blind spot cameras when you use the indicators and the new UI is far better with more flexibility. Will the screen set up follow you to another car like the seat and mirror settings in the future now it has flexibility? The great thing about EV's is how quick they warm up when you go to play with new toys🤣

Reactions: goRt
The first 50% is the downloading of the update itself, 50 - 100% will be the car performing checksum validation to make sure the update is valid before offering the install

Thanks. Updated to 44.6 now.

Now showing as up to date though. Assume I’ll have to wait a set period before the update will trigger. Annoying as I’m away from Wi-Fi for the next few days.

I wouldn't worry about it being bricked. It's been extensively tested by employees 👍

Enjoy!
Update has installed. It didn’t brick my car.

A lot of the UI has changed. My wife will be annoyed next time she drives the car. She was just getting used to things as they were. I’ll change her profile from chill to standard to distract her!

I need to have another play, but my first impression is that I don’t like the colourful icons on the bottom of the screen.

The blind spot cameras are a win though.

Also Live Sentry camera view looks good. I reckon this just made premium connectivity much more worth it.

Last edited:
True that! :) This is one of the great things about my M3, amongst the many others, that make it a better overall car than the BMW, which has now gone! Mine is now downloading 2021.44.25.2, having only just installed 2021.44.6 last night!
You will enjoy the new holiday update, it just changes the car UI - I am sure we will all get used to the new UI in time. I think that's the great thing about Tesla, it makes you feel happy every time you drive. And I have got a pretty new car with so many extra features without paying a dime for the upgrade. Hello, Germans, can you challenge this with either the ICE or your new electric ones!!!

Update has installed. It didn’t brick my car.

A lot of the UI has changed. My wife will be annoyed next time she drives the car. She was just getting used to things as they were. I’ll change her profile from chill to standard to distract her!

I need to have another play, but my first impression is that I don’t like the colourful icons on the bottom of the screen.

The live sentry mode and blind spot cameras are a win though.
Yes, on the first look it is slightly odd but when you start driving it is so intuitive and crisp in terms of lay out. I was making few errors when I was adjusting things or changing from one app to another. There is a certain feel of an iOS to it when you start using it. The overall layout looks clean when you are driving rather than parked.

I'm disappointed by the blind spot camera, (not that I had a blind spot thanks to the Suma performance mirrors) the area of the screen where its shown is completely covered by my hand when I'm using the inducator. And I use the current trip extensively to help with economy and tyre pressures almost every trip. Now instead of a swipe its into the menu to press an icon.
I like the customisable screen bar. That's cleared up at of icons I never use. Please add the trip and tyre pressure to it or better still.put them back where they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.