Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MX LR+ last November for March 2021 delivery. Received a text from Tesla UK to say that they were keeping the FSD at the same price and I'll receive a £2000 discount on a new MX. So my outstanding order is now going to cost me more which is okay ish. On the UK order page it states 2022 delivery which is over a year away and too far away for my plans. Possible due to the fact it will be right hand drive. The message also said that an agent was going to reach out to me in a few days and I had until the end February to decide.

I ordered a MX LR+ last November for March 2021 delivery. Received a text from Tesla UK to say that they were keeping the FSD at the same price and I'll receive a £2000 discount on a new MX. So my outstanding order is now going to cost me more which is okay ish. On the UK order page it states 2022 delivery which is over a year away and too far away for my plans. Possible due to the fact it will be right hand drive. The message also said that an agent was going to reach out to me in a few days and I had until the end February to decide.

Seems crazy that they’ll stop all U.K. S and X deliveries for a year plus!

Ordered a M3SR+ not that long ago for a February delivery. But having just chatted with Tesla, they gave me my VIN, (beginning LRW). Not received a text and they couldn't tell me which vessel it is on or where it was coming from. Am I correct that VIN is allocated when shipped from factory?

More of a pain is that he said that although vehicle will be in UK in Febuary, they are delaying deliveries/collections to March so new 71 plates will be fitted. I don't care as will put my private plate on, but thought I would share the March delay!!!

Yep I'll be cancelling my MX Performance order and keeping my 2019 MX P100DL, but predominantly due to the stupid steering wheel with no indicator stalks. Too much bias towards FSD in the design that will not get approval in the UK for the time I'm likely to have the vehicle.

Shame I passed on those inventory cars now.

Yep I'll be cancelling my MX Performance order and keeping my 2019 MX P100DL, but predominantly due to the stupid steering wheel with no indicator stalks. Too much bias towards FSD in the design that will not get approval in the UK for the time I'm likely to have the vehicle.

Shame I passed on those inventory cars now.
I ordered an MX in December with estimated delivery of late March. I managed to speak to the uk sales team late this morning, who advised that the choice (again by end February) would be between keeping my existing order and getting the old spec car in late March, or rolling it over into a new order with £2k discount and honouring the price for FSD which I ordered with the car, so £2600 in total.

If true (I thought only the new type are being built now) it’s a real quandary for us as all the other updates look good, except for the stupid steering wheel which really puts me off. It is going to be such a pain for right manoeuvres and parking! On this I wonder if Tesla will back down (particularly if it has an adverse impact on the safety rating given to the car), UK/EU regulators might refuse to approve it, or how quickly sensible but still stylish aftermarket steering wheels become available?

I'm at a total loss to be honest. I've saved up my pennies for my dream MX. Since ordering last November for delivery in March I've had Tesla switch my order to a stock car in December by text which i had to reject as I was in Hospital (not cv-19). I wanted the car in March 2021 now it looks like 2022 if I'm lucky and with the bonus of a £2000 discount off a more expensive MX (was £82000 now £91000) so it's going to cost me more and I'll get 1/2 a steering wheel lol.

Options:
1. Wait 'till 2022 and hope the RHD car ships.
2. Cancel the order and get a different make of EV.
3. Cancel the order and find a nearly new MX.

I'm at a total loss to be honest. I've saved up my pennies for my dream MX. Since ordering last November for delivery in March I've had Tesla switch my order to a stock car in December by text which i had to reject as I was in Hospital (not cv-19). I wanted the car in March 2021 now it looks like 2022 if I'm lucky and with the bonus of a £2000 discount off a more expensive MX (was £82000 now £91000) so it's going to cost me more and I'll get 1/2 a steering wheel lol.

Options:
I think you also have the option of taking the car you ordered in March. That is what the service centre guy told me, albeit he said he’d only been given the information 45 minutes before...I would call them before giving up hope, to see if you have that option...

I think you also have the option of taking the car you ordered in March. That is what the service centre guy told me, albeit he said he’d only been given the information 45 minutes before...I would call them before giving up hope, to see if you have that option...
Don't think that's a possibility as there is no new or inventory MX stock and I assume that the Freemont lines for the S and X were shutdown just before xmas to re-tool for the refresh. I'll see what they say when they call me in a few days. I can't be the only person in this situation.

Options:

I don’t have any advice but I’m sure you’ll be happy either way. I just sold my X as wasn’t using it very much and don’t need the size as much any more; waiting on a 3. But the X was undoubtedly the best car I’ve ever owned. Good luck!

I’ve now managed to get my VIN through Tesla chat. It’s the same batch that are due for delivery 1-10th March. I’ve chucked it through the decoders but much of it isn’t recognised. I’m guessing this is due to it being the first batch of RHD MiC models. Has anyone managed to confirm what kind of battery we’ll be seeing in the M3LR?

Don't think that's a possibility as there is no new or inventory MX stock and I assume that the Freemont lines for the S and X were shutdown just before xmas to re-tool for the refresh. I'll see what they say when they call me in a few days. I can't be the only person in this situation.
Hi, I was told that they wouldn't be able to honor the delivery of the original order ... refreshed model or cancellation. I probably would have stayed with the older version TBH rather than wait until 2022. If it is towards the end of 2022 its AGES away...

I’ve now been contacted by the Tesla sales team who confirmed what I was told was incorrect - my choice is either to have my deposit refunded or wait for a new spec model x, most likely arriving in February 2022. As I ordered in December after prices had increased, the difference in price for me (after the £2k discount) is £1500 which I’m happy with for a better car. The steering wheel is a deal-breaker but I’m pretty confident that will change (or round will be an option) either due to customer feedback or because the yoke steering would be ruled illegal in the UK. A journalist on the Top Gear website writing yesterday certainly thought it would not be legal.

Even if that doesn’t happen, there’s also a healthy and legal aftermarket for Tesla steering wheels which I could go to. (They take a standard wheel and modify it while keeping the airbag and all the safety critical stuff.)

That could change though if Audi announced a longer range version of the e-tron...

I’ve now been contacted by the Tesla sales team who confirmed what I was told was incorrect - my choice is either to have my deposit refunded or wait for a new spec model x, most likely arriving in February 2022. As I ordered in December after prices had increased, the difference in price for me (after the £2k discount) is £1500 which I’m happy with for a better car. The steering wheel is a deal-breaker but I’m pretty confident that will change (or round will be an option) either due to customer feedback or because the yoke steering would be ruled illegal in the UK. A journalist on the Top Gear website writing yesterday certainly thought it would not be legal.

Even if that doesn’t happen, there’s also a healthy and legal aftermarket for Tesla steering wheels which I could go to. (They take a standard wheel and modify it while keeping the airbag and all the safety critical stuff.)

That could change though if Audi announced a longer range version of the e-tron...

I saw something today where Tesla confirmed a "normal" steering wheel would be an option. Buggered if I can find where I saw that though.

Model 3 VIN confirmed (RHD LR tow hitch) LRWxxxxxxx, so coming from China.
Tesla still could not confirm ETA but initial “matched” text last week said 1-10th March.
So still unsure about Glovis Century or Morning Celo... hopefully former so maybe few days before...