Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

EricVet

Jan 11, 2021
UK
The text messages for tow hitch equipped cars were sent out just after Morning Cello set off from Shanghai, so it’s likely these cars are aboard her.
I didn’t get text for VIN, only text saying order matched, Monday. I spoke to Tesla on Chat and he told me my VIN finally, but no text confirming VIN or anything else... so not sure...
But could be I guess... it’s going to be a tight schedule if Morning Celo arrives around 7-10 days after Glovis Century (so maybe around 26th Feb), so only 1 week approx to meet “expected” deliveries.... will see I guess.

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
The young man in the handover let me drive 5miles up the road to the terminal 5 superchargers before "transferring ownership" so that I didn't get charged! Super nice guy!

Unless things have changed, I think he was having you on. :oops:

We got, and everyone else I have heard from, got free supercharging for the remainder of the first day.

• Funny
Reactions: EricVet
Jan 10, 2021
Andover
Unless things have changed, I think he was having you on. :oops:

We got, and everyone else I have heard from, got free supercharging for the remainder of the first day.

He could be haha. However the day before pick up I contacted the delivery team to ask them this. And they said no. They used to offer free supercharging on the day of pick up but stopped it last year!?

Who knows. I was happy either way!

2021_M3P

Jan 11, 2021
Great Britain
If anyone is interested in tracking or participating in a conversation about 2021 Model 3 Performance UK orders / deliveries, due to commence May 2021, I have started a new thread:

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

bwilliams127

Jan 30, 2021
Essex
I ordered a M3 LR White, black interior, aero wheels and no tow hitch yesterday. I finished all outstanding actions on the Tesla account today. Estimated delivery date displayed is Feb. I was told by a Tesla employee to expect a match and delivery date towards the end of Feb for delivery at the start of March. I got options to collect from Thorpe Park or Southampton so chose Thorpe Park. I have a trade in too so hopefully that all goes smoothly.

Reading these threads gets me excited about the possibility of a heated steering wheel! It’s my first Tesla and EV so I’m watching all the YouTube videos over and over again :)

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
I ordered a M3 LR White, black interior, aero wheels and no tow hitch yesterday. I finished all outstanding actions on the Tesla account today. Estimated delivery date displayed is Feb. I was told by a Tesla employee to expect a match and delivery date towards the end of Feb for delivery at the start of March. I got options to collect from Thorpe Park or Southampton so chose Thorpe Park. I have a trade in too so hopefully that all goes smoothly.

Reading these threads gets me excited about the possibility of a heated steering wheel! It’s my first Tesla and EV so I’m watching all the YouTube videos over and over again :)

I'm curious about my pickup options too. I live in basildon and when I originally ordered the only option was Crawley.

I messaged my guy at Tesla and he said that was wrong and it would be sorted out for delivery, that I would be able to pick up from Dartford.

Really don't fancy slogging all the way over to Crawley for it thats for sure!

bwilliams127

Jan 30, 2021
Essex
I'm curious about my pickup options too. I live in basildon and when I originally ordered the only option was Crawley.

I messaged my guy at Tesla and he said that was wrong and it would be sorted out for delivery, that I would be able to pick up from Dartford.

I’m near the new service centre in Chelmsford but they don’t do deliveries there any more :(
I guess a nice drive round the A12 / M25 would give a good first drive! I wonder how much charge they come with as it’s about 100 miles back for me. That being said, a stop at the South Mimms supercharger would also be a good first supercharging experience!

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
I’m near the new service centre in Chelmsford but they don’t do deliveries there any more :(
I guess a nice drive round the A12 / M25 would give a good first drive! I wonder how much charge they come with as it’s about 100 miles back for me. That being said, a stop at the South Mimms supercharger would also be a good first supercharging experience!

I would agree with you, but I'm getting my car PPF'd on the front end immediately after collecting and knowing my luck, i'd pick up a stone chip (or few) on the way back from the pickup point, which is why I want it collected locally.

In an ideal world they would offer delivery, as my guy in Harlow who is doing the work has had them delivered directly to him before, but for whatever reason Tesla don't seem to be doing that in this area anymore. Maybe Covid?

Yeah, bummer about Chelmsford, but at least they are still there for repairs etc and so far from my dealings with the guys there I am confident they will look after me.

Vedaprime

Feb 15, 2019
Brisbane
For those with vins, what are the vin ranges looking like - 3 of the last 6 digitis. Eg 114xxx

Am trying to get a sense of China production for the RHD markets. Vin science is part of the dark arts,

Cardo

Sep 22, 2020
Surrey, UK

I live next to Crawley, however have been told they don’t do deliveries, so I’ll need to slog up to Heathrow.

My VIN is 165.

DGK-M3LR

Jan 13, 2021
London, Greater London
For those with vins, what are the vin ranges looking like - 3 of the last 6 digitis. Eg 114xxx

Am trying to get a sense of China production for the RHD markets. Vin science is part of the dark arts,

I get the same as Cardo but then I'm not totally sure if you wanted the X's or the '114' but mine :
165xxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardo

Sep 22, 2020
Surrey, UK
Mine is Blue LR with everything else standard - no tow bar. Also highly likely on Glovis Captain since getting VIN matched the day it left Shanghai + estimated delivery still says Feb.
Interesting. Mine has a tow bar and is likely on Morning Cello. Tesla site says February however the text message I received says 1-10th March.

DGK-M3LR

Jan 13, 2021
London, Greater London
I got no text about delivery date but the day GLOVIS Century left I saw the inventory stock get huge. I quickly messaged live chat to ask if I was matched. I wasnt but he was able to match me immediately.

Interestingly, I'm not sure why, but people who were matched on the Century day of departure all have their VINs and a text saying the car is matched but the text does not specify any dates or even month!

Vedaprime

Feb 15, 2019
Brisbane
165 here too.
Do they mean anything @Vedaprime ?

yes. So this is the sequnce number. By the look of it the ranges are between 165000 and 169999 (thanks to those replying).

vin are not always assigned in sequence to a production run, and there can be gaps in vin ranges - but it is an approximation.

This does give me a feel of the cars. RHD Production occurred between Jan 14-19. So about 4500 max (if all were RHD in this period, but we don’t know this for sure) for all right hand drive markets. We just don’t know the split. The vin line up roughly with the qty estimation.

so if a UK/Ireland RoRo has say 2500 max (1 ship), 2000 max is left to split across, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, New Zealand - which is quite low ( and all going on 1 ship to apac)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC