Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FML, the car never arrived at Brent Cross, so I'm not picking up tomorrow. Apparently it's still in Southampton. Completely scuppered my plans for the next few days.

Have to call first thing in the morning to find out if I can go to Southampton same day and pick up the car instead. Customer Service said they would call back on Monday to discuss options, but that is not an option, I have my Monday and Tuesday booked up and need a car for them.

There's no way I can afford to rent a car such short notice. In talks with a friend to borrow their car for a few days but it's also short notice. Beyond stressed right now.

That’s a massive arse load of suck. I hope they get you sorted out and make it right, unacceptable really. I get they are under high load, but it’s not the customers fault to expect what they’ve been told.

I have to go for a wedding straight from collecting the car. Me and my partner are both taking suitcases to the collection, loading up the car and heading north 200 miles. Can’t be having any of this happening on the day!

Tesla have already fallen foul to their original ’early September‘ estimate when ordering, in which I never even considered that the wedding would fall within weeks of the delivery. I wanted to get situated with the car first and note any issues. Lo and behold, as is always the way with Tesla, it landed literally on the first day of the bleeding wedding at the arse end of September, bloody typical. So gonna have to check the car as we drive, ohhhhh it’s gonna be a stressful day!

So Brent Cross better have it ready!

Reactions: markgyork
So guys, if I start my scheduled charge time at 11.30pm then theoretically the car will continue to charge past 4.30am and until its full/at my limit?
Yes it will. The way around is to do it backwards - set the departure time 430 and most likely if you leave the car with 20% battery it will start around 1130ish - this is based on my charging patterns and I have a SR+. There is a possibility the charger can start early than 1130 if your battery is further low. Then again you end up with the same problem of charging when your prices are high!

Tesla and Elon need to do something for the UK market as we do not have the same tariff as in US. Elon are you reading this?

Reactions: mosraza
That’s a massive arse load of suck. I hope they get you sorted out and make it right, unacceptable really. I get they are under high load, but it’s not the customers fault to expect what they’ve been told.

I have to go for a wedding straight from collecting the car. Me and my partner are both taking suitcases to the collection, loading up the car and heading north 200 miles. Can’t be having any of this happening on the day!

Tesla have already fallen foul to their original ’early September‘ estimate when ordering, in which I never even considered that the wedding would fall within weeks of the delivery. I wanted to get situated with the car first and note any issues. Lo and behold, as is always the way with Tesla, it landed literally on the first day of the bleeding wedding at the arse end of September, bloody typical. So gonna have to check the car as we drive, ohhhhh it’s gonna be a stressful day!

So Brent Cross better have it ready!
Honestly mate, I would call up 2 days before collection day and confirm that your car is definitely going to be delivered and is on the delivery manifest. And then the day before, call up again first thing in the morning and confirm the car was on the truck bed, heading to Brent Cross.

I'm screwed because Southampton branch isn't open on the weekends so there's nothing they can do for me. I'm hoping this was really just a delivery cock up and not something majorly wrong with the car, making it unsaleable, disguised as delivery mistake.

Reactions: moodel_tree
so guys I just phoned Tesla and spoke to Ben (who is amazing). He said that my car has been unloaded from the vessel and he checked the cameras, he could see it’s parked up in Southampton! He also beeped the horn by mistake whilst on the phone to me 😂
He said it’ll be getting transported up to Glasgow on Tuesday or Wednesday and I could potentially collect on Friday!!!!!!!

so guys I just phoned Tesla and spoke to Ben (who is amazing). He said that my car has been unloaded from the vessel and he checked the cameras, he could see it’s parked up in Southampton! He also beeped the horn by mistake whilst on the phone to me 😂
He said it’ll be getting transported up to Glasgow on Tuesday or Wednesday and I could potentially collect on Friday!!!!!!!
I collect on the 25th so my car is possibly on the same vessel. Or was :)

• Love
Reactions: mosraza
Okay so I have decided to bite the bullet and go for a private plate.

I called tesla they said I just need to send an email after I have signed for the car to ask permission then I can speak to DVLA

I have never done this before. So can I ask if its worth it to pay this fee or is it something that is simple to do myself?

Also once I have the car and the plate how quickly can I change the plates over?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918_154521.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918_154521.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 44

I called tesla they said I just need to send an email after I have signed for the car to ask permission then I can speak to DVLA

I have never done this before. So can I ask if its worth it to pay this fee or is it something that is simple to do myself?

Also once I have the car and the plate how quickly can I change the plates over?
Do it yourself. It’s very easy on the gov website.
Buy the plate direct off DVLA if you can. Other websites advertise them at inflated prices.
Once you have the V5 document in your name it can be done instantly online. Then they’ll issue a nee V5. They’ll also provide an electronic certificate you can print to get the plates made straight away.
It’s all dead easy.

Are you leasing? If so I’m not sure about the V5 as that’ll be the lease companies.

Do it yourself. It’s very easy on the gov website.
Buy the plate direct off DVLA if you can. Other websites advertise them at inflated prices.
Once you have the V5 document in your name it can be done instantly online. Then they’ll issue a nee V5. They’ll also provide an electronic certificate you can print to get the plates made straight away.
It’s all dead easy.

Are you leasing? If so I’m not sure about the V5 as that’ll be the lease companies.
Thank you I thought that might be the case. I will go onto the dvla site and do it then.

Yes I'm leasing direct from Tesla. I guess I will just get the plate b4 it goes and then deal with the transfer process after. But this does seem straight forward enough.

As Lord says, do it yourself, it’s incredibly easy on Gov website.

Thousands of Tesla’s at the docks. Collected my car today and took a picture of grand ruby.
Wait a sec, did you collect your car from Southampton today?

My car was supposed to be delivered to Brent Cross for collection today but apparently it's still in Southampton. I asked to go collect it myself today or tomorrow but customer service said I would have to wait until Monday for them to find out delivery/collection options.

But if you picked up today, I assume there were Tesla staff there to help with handover and register the car? This is frickin annoying right now. Maybe someone here can help better explain why I can't go get my car...🤬🤬🤬

Wait a sec, did you collect your car from Southampton today?

My car was supposed to be delivered to Brent Cross for collection today but apparently it's still in Southampton. I asked to go collect it myself today or tomorrow but customer service said I would have to wait until Monday for them to find out delivery/collection options.

But if you picked up today, I assume there were Tesla staff there to help with handover and register the car? This is frickin annoying right now. Maybe someone here can help better explain why I can't go get my car...🤬🤬🤬
Hi mate, all Tesla centres will be open till 7 every day from now till the end of the month. I’d give them a call and enquire what’s going on.