Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I placed a custom order for an M3 Performance before Christmas, order was confirmed by Tesla 24th December and my account was setup the same day. The actual order was finalised between Tusker & Tesla 6th January. At that point the MP3 had an approximate delivery date of March 2021. This weekend it would appear the guidance from Tesla is suggesting that there will be no Performance models arriving into the UK before May 2021.

I am guessing that I should now plan on a delivery date of approximately May, rather than March - those that track deliveries / cut-off on orders, what are your thoughts ? TIA.

Hello, I placed a custom order for an M3 Performance before Christmas, order was confirmed by Tesla 24th December and my account was setup the same day. The actual order was finalised between Tusker & Tesla 6th January. At that point the MP3 had an approximate delivery date of March 2021. This weekend it would appear the guidance from Tesla is suggesting that there will be no Performance models arriving into the UK before May 2021.

I am guessing that I should now plan on a delivery date of approximately May, rather than March - those that track deliveries / cut-off on orders, what are your thoughts ? TIA.

No M3P until May? Thanks for posting that - it's the first I've heard of that.
I will make a discreet enquiry.....

That's really interesting, just had a look at the Tesla website to confirm and they do indeed say May.

Have you had a look at inventory? There are a few Model 3 Performance with less than 50 miles (New) which are the 2021 Refresh models:

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Not sure if they match your desired spec though, the new ones are all White with black interior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that would be excellent - seems odd to have such a significant gap, given that Tesla in Q3/4 2020 seem to have had quite smooth deliveries... i.e. predictable towards Q & YE targets... seems weird that the Performance delivery is pushed out until May for GB.

No M3P until May? Thanks for posting that - it's the first I've heard of that.
I will make a discreet enquiry.....

That's really interesting, just had a look at the Tesla website to confirm and they do indeed say May.

Have you had a look at inventory? There are a few Model 3 Performance with less than 50 miles (New) which are the 2021 Refresh models:

Not sure if they match your desired spec though, the new ones are all White with black interior.

Thank you - yes certainly a surprise ! I am not too bothered if it does turn out to be May.. although would prefer March.. so I am happy to wait to get the customer order that I wanted. Just would be nice to know if the order is likely to be May now, instead of March, which was the delivery month (indicated) when I placed the order. I will need to extend my current lease if it is going to be May, so useful to get further clarity on the likely month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that would be excellent - seems odd to have such a significant gap, given that Tesla in Q3/4 2020 seem to have had quite smooth deliveries... i.e. predictable towards Q & YE targets... seems weird that the Performance delivery is pushed out until May for GB.
Given that Tesla build ahead rather than to order I imagine it's a reflection of the ratio of P to Non-P historical order trends they're seeing for the UK. The RRP change making the P ineligible for the £3k grant will have shifted quite a few people into LR models. With reduced 0-60 on the LR and Acceleration Boost as an option, this will only have exacerbated the shift.

Given that Tesla build ahead rather than to order I imagine it's a reflection of the ratio of P to Non-P historical order trends they're seeing for the UK. The RRP change making the P ineligible for the £3k grant will have shifted quite a few people into LR models. With reduced 0-60 on the LR and Acceleration Boost as an option, this will only have exacerbated the shift.

That makes a lot of sense. Thought they might still try to squeeze some Performance orders out in March as well though, to help meet numbers.. I am sure they make more profit on these units.

Thank you - yes certainly a surprise ! I am not too bothered if it does turn out to be May.. although would prefer March.. so I am happy to wait to get the customer order that I wanted. Just would be nice to know if the order is likely to be May now, instead of March, which was the delivery month (indicated) when I placed the order. I will need to extend my current lease if it is going to be May, so useful to get further clarity on the likely month.
If it was indicated when placing the order then you should still be good for March. The May date is likely for anyone ordering from this point onwards.

I had a look on there just now and they all seem to be 2020 variants, not the 2021 revision, hence reduced price - wrong wheels, chrome trim, 3.2s 0-60 etc?

I had a look on there just now and they all seem to be 2020 variants, not the 2021 revision, hence reduced price - wrong wheels, chrome trim, 3.2s 0-60 etc?
You're right, at a glace I couldn't see the chrome.

Surprising that they still have new unsold performance models from September 2020 then, unless any 2020 revisions arrived in November/December last year?

You're right, at a glace I couldn't see the chrome.

Surprising that they still have new unsold performance models from September 2020 then, unless any 2020 revisions arrived in November/December last year?

Oddly enough, the 2021 cars all face the other way (to the left) too.

There were a lot on there as ex demonstrators as well. Hopefully these aren't all rejected/patched up sales from earlier in the year?

New to the forums... I've been watching Model 3 inventory for a few weeks now, and noticed that a few days ago ALL 2021 Long Range and Performance models (there was a fair selection of both) completely disappeared overnight. I actually asked Tesla online chat if there was some sort of web site error. He said simply that they were sold.

Of course that was the day I'd finally decided to take the plunge and had hoped to pick up a <50mi midnight silver. So I've ordered new instead, with May as predicted delivery (mid to late May according to online chat).

New to the forums... I've been watching Model 3 inventory for a few weeks now, and noticed that a few days ago ALL 2021 Long Range and Performance models (there was a fair selection of both) completely disappeared overnight. I actually asked Tesla online chat if there was some sort of web site error. He said simply that they were sold.

Of course that was the day I'd finally decided to take the plunge and had hoped to pick up a <50mi midnight silver. So I've ordered new instead, with May as predicted delivery (mid to late May according to online chat).
Inventory is very volatile. They come and go in an instant (demand). My <100mi inventory only had 7mi.
You can be alerted of new stock: Tesla New, CPO and Used inventory search

If it was indicated when placing the order then you should still be good for March. The May date is likely for anyone ordering from this point onwards.

That might well be right. Seems that my order date was right in and around the cut-off date, so it could be touch and go. I will send Tesla SC a quick email to see what they have to say. Doesn’t bother me too much whether it is March or May.. but it would be helpful to know which month they plan on delivering.

Been running the numbers.... upgrade to M3P company car vs sticking with personally funded M3LR.

Company lease approved today on a White/White M3P :cool: And so the waiting and constant checking of this forum and the shipping forecast begins. The only downside.... the LR goes to WBAC in the next few days and I’m back to an ICE until, well possibly May. But I’m damn sure the wait will be worth it, and I WILL resist the compulsion to buy a load of accessories for this one :p

Hello, just to confirm that I have now spoken to the SC and they have confirmed that there will be no new 2021 Model 3 Performance vehicles arriving in GB until May 2021.

I wonder do we read anything into that?

Given the massive push to meet year/quarter end delivery targets, to then stop delivering your most expensive M3 variant for almost 6m seems a bit odd?

Surely too soon for Berlin to be coming on line?