Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will be contracted to purchase a certain number of the old batteries. If they havent reached that figure it doesnt make financial sense to invoke a penalty clause and change early. In that situation the obvious thing to do would be to change one product variant over to the new cells first and use the old ones up on another variant. It's quite possible that's what we're seeing here, and when they are able to they will swap the RHD UK variant over to the new cells too. It may have already happened, it may not. The extra ~20 miles would be useful but isn't a dealbreaker for me as my commute is an 18 mile round trip haha.

I’d maybe wait and see what the charge time is like on the new packs. It’s a only 9% increase and if that increase slows charge speed by 16% or something it’s a negative economy. Don’t be too hasty!

20-30mls in reality is just stopping for that supercharge 10-15mins sooner.
I agree with you there there should be less of an impact on the LR as in reality depending on the charging network the range should be sufficient as is. But could effect resale value?

Maybe a bigger issue with SR+ drivers as we play with range anxiety. But I've a changer at work, one at home and tesla super chargers are going in along the longer routes I would potentially drive now too.

Similar to me. Lease purchase. CS rep told me they couldn’t give me my specific vin as they couldn’t see that info due to the type of purchase. But, they said I had been “matched with a car”.
Yeah that sounds similar apart from he didn’t mention a match. I get the sense that the answers CS give are always very different. Might try calling again later in week to see if I can get any more info.

I agree with you there there should be less of an impact on the LR as in reality depending on the charging network the range should be sufficient as is. But could effect resale value?

Maybe a bigger issue with SR+ drivers as we play with range anxiety. But I've a changer at work, one at home and tesla super chargers are going in along the longer routes I would potentially drive now too.
Agree, even for SR owners it’s totally dependent on usage. I have a charger at home and I only commute 24mls a day. On road trips the SC network is so good, I can get to the other end of the country with just two stops, which I’d do anyway given I have a baby!

Yeah it could come down the the drive, that being said, the pack is presumably installed before the components that dictate the hand the drive is on, so maybe not?

Who knows… will have to wait and see. My U.K. VIN has a J, so that seems to indicate the new pack?
AFAIK, the ‘A’ or ‘J’ pack indication is for SR+ only. It’s not clear yet if there is a VIN indicator for the LR 77 vs 82 kWh debate.

This is Tesla's official VIN decoder. You can see that the VIN only tells you if the battery is NMC/NCA or LFP and that is something you know when you purchase the car, since only the SR comes with a LFP battery. All Q3/Q4-2021 LR from China have the same VIN structure...

LRW3#7EK#MC######

This VIN can have the old LG 5C 75kWh and also the new LG 5L 82kWh. This could even be a Panasonic 3L, which they still use in China for the Performance, but not in the LR.

a062e6ad71d8c79da792595678215f30a01f8808.jpeg
If you look at section 8 - the letters J, K and L represent the newer motor/battery configuration with upgraded battery etc. A B and C are the previous ones

Reactions: jlz78