Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😂😂😂😂😂

Those fecking vin codes, it’s like crystal maze.

I JUST WANT TO BUY A CAR! I don’t remember doing mental escape rooms or puzzles with my last car!!!!!!!!!!
This. 100x over, this.

I have had plenty of factory new cars in my time and you ordered it and then waited for a call to say it was ready. No “will I get the old spec or the new one”, no “do I have a vin”, no “I think my vin means my car has rotten ham in the boot” - those were the day.

For all of us waiting delivery in Q4 and with a VIN (J or A designation) have your Tesla accounts changed to "2021 Tesla Model 3"?

Screenshot_20211105-003512.png

Just noticed the US are getting MSM paint included for free now and black is now $1500. Someone must have complained there are too many whites and blacks on the road. 🤣

Attachments

• 46C241E9-39C8-4F28-B24A-E5A8B7FDD797.jpeg
    46C241E9-39C8-4F28-B24A-E5A8B7FDD797.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 55
There was a lot of talk yesterday about what config people had and I wonder whether you have tried out this Tesla Data Decoder. It works based on the option string embedded in the image of your car in the 'Manage' page (you can extract this from source or inspect element (right click and choose Inspect while hovering over image) or in fact the VIN if you have one. I entered mine: APPB,APBS,DV4W,IPB1,PMNG,PRM31,SC04,MDL3,W40B,MT316,CPF0,DRRH

and got this readout which is exactly what I expect:

APPBEnhanced Autopilot
APBSBasic Autopilot features
DV4WDual Motor All-Wheel Drive
IPB1All Black Premium Interior
PMNGMidnight Silver
PRM31Premium Interior
SC04Pay per use Supercharging
MDL3Model 3
W40B18 Aero Wheels v2
MT316Long Range AWD
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 4.4 s
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD 0-60 mph 4.2 s
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Battery 0 BT38
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Range (NEDC) 657 km
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Range (WLTP) 580 km
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Range (WLTP) 360 mi
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Top speed 233 km/h
MT316 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Top speed 145 mph
CPF0Standard connectivity
DRRHRight hand drive

Hi All

Just wanted to post my timelines for a model 3 SR+ White/black ordered.

Order placed through company lease (Hitachi) on 8/10, RN number received on 12th.

Called Tesla for an update today and they have informed that a car was allocated to the order earlier this week and delivery expected 8/9 December.
I’ve ordered a 3 LR Red/Black with 19” wheels through hitachi. Did you have to ask them for the RN? I’ve had very little communication from them or Tesla since ordering.

Hi All

Just wanted to post my timelines for a model 3 SR+ White/black ordered.

Order placed through company lease (Hitachi) on 8/10, RN number received on 12th.

Called Tesla for an update today and they have informed that a car was allocated to the order earlier this week and delivery expected 8/9 December.
Which number did you call for the update, was it the delivery team or a local service centre?

I ordered my 3 SR+ white/black on pretty much the same date as you so I'm hoping my delivery should be similar!

There was a lot of talk yesterday about what config people had and I wonder whether you have tried out this Tesla Data Decoder. It works based on the option string embedded in the image of your car in the 'Manage' page (you can extract this from source or inspect element (right click and choose Inspect while hovering over image) or in fact the VIN if you have one. I entered mine: APPB,APBS,DV4W,IPB1,PMNG,PRM31,SC04,MDL3,W40B,MT316,CPF0,DRRH

APPBEnhanced Autopilot
PMNGMidnight Silver
PRM31Premium Interior
MDL3Model 3
W40B18 Aero Wheels v2
MT316Long Range AWD
DRRHRight hand drive

Just done this and the spec that comes back exactly matches the spec at the time I ordered. This also matches up with what I've been told i.e. don't expect increased range or different 0-60, you'll get the spec you ordered at the time.

Reactions: Vifik
What did it say before I can’t remember?
For all of us waiting delivery in Q4 and with a VIN (J or A designation) have your Tesla accounts changed to "2021 Tesla Model 3"?

View attachment 729429
El Bandito,

Mine
1636100926433.png

I'm starting to suspect that's the Vin allocation done for this quarter, so potential 6 month waiting time from order for me..... not good!

Reactions: John_IE

APPBEnhanced Autopilot
PMNGMidnight Silver
PRM31Premium Interior
MDL3Model 3
W40B18 Aero Wheels v2
MT316Long Range AWD
DRRHRight hand drive
Excellent tool, it would be good to get everyone who's been told they'll have the increased range to use this. I've been told multiple times by different CS that my car will have the updated higher range but this tool states the as ordered. Would be goods to see if anyones is different or we're all in the same boat

Reactions: Vifik
Just done this and the spec that comes back exactly matches the spec at the time I ordered. This also matches up with what I've been told i.e. don't expect increased range or different 0-60, you'll get the spec you ordered at the time.
I guess the option string could simply reflect the config ordered, rather than the one that would be delivered but yesterday people were seeing the image change so I was wondering whether that meant that the underlying option string had changed. Would be good to hear from people that had seen that and also those with VINs and whether this tool can accurately decode those..