Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what the walk is like between Brent Cross tube and the shopping centre? It looks like a PITA with crossing the A406 so I may just be lazy and get an Uber...
Not done it before but looks like about a 20 minute walk with a couple of options for crossing the North Circular (foot bridge or road bridge) and under the A41 (Brent Cross flyover).
Anyone collected there recently that can confirm exactly where the collection centre is?

I got the same for the first payment made towards the car via online banking. The account number, sort code and name cannot be checked by your own bank as Citibank who Tesla bank with do not support the service. Probably best to double check the account details if you are not sure though. Another option is to make a small payment (say £1 maybe) and check with Tesla it arrived OK, then pay the rest after.
Thanks for the answers,

I took a leap of faith and paid the remaining cash down payment.
I believe it took about 15-20minutes for the payment to be seen on my Tesla Account.
However, quite weird the approach, would have expected something a bit more secure/professional, maybe even to clear the amount due on the collection say on the site...
Anyways, now is just a matter of collecting on the 29th May from Brent Cross

Thanks for the answers,

I took a leap of faith and paid the remaining cash down payment.
I believe it took about 15-20minutes for the payment to be seen on my Tesla Account.
However, quite weird the approach, would have expected something a bit more secure/professional, maybe even to clear the amount due on the collection say on the site...
Anyways, now is just a matter of collecting on the 29th May from Brent Cross
How do they send their bank details? Is by email or text? I'll be having to do this in the next week or so.

How do they send their bank details? Is by email or text? I'll be having to do this in the next week or so.

It will be on your invoices, along with what reference number to use. Your invoices will be accessible from the secure tesla.com Tesla Account section probably under the manage then glovebox sections. Access tesla.com directly rather than via any links that may be sent to you.

Reactions: Yeahyeahyeah
They sent them over the email,
However, rather poor/unprofessional email (my opinion) as a dude is just emailing me, calling me by my first name, not much details and a wrong amount for the outstanding final down payment, which I had to highlight it and then he apologised as he miscalculated something.
that’s why the bells started to ring.
However called Tesla option 4 and they confirmed that the person/email details are genuine

They sent them over the email,
However, rather poor/unprofessional email (my opinion) as a dude is just emailing me, calling me by my first name, not much details and a wrong amount for the outstanding final down payment, which I had to highlight it and then he apologised as he miscalculated something.
that’s why the bells started to ring.
However called Tesla option 4 and they confirmed that the person/email details are genuine
Yeah that isn't very professional! Think I'll so the same when it's my turn. Thanks for the heads up.

Got a delivery date of 21st June (Trafford Centre) for an SR+ order placed on 10th May.

Can Tesla tell me the registration number now delivery has been confirmed?
The first I knew of my reg (and VIN) was on the "Final Invoice" in the documents sections of the details page of the order on Tesla's website. The invoice appeared about 5 days after I got the "your car has been allocated" text.

I rang up to check the reg wasn't going to change so I could arrange insurance and they said they'd not know a reg to change yet (just giving themselves a little wiggle him). I've not got the car yet (29th) so we'll see but I arranged the insurance.

Reactions: calmcalmuncle
Got a delivery date of 21st June (Trafford Centre) for an SR+ order placed on 10th May.

Can Tesla tell me the registration number now delivery has been confirmed?
Tesla probably CAN but whether Tesla WILL is a bit of a lottery.
As you will note if you follow others experiences, Tesla are neither the most cooperative on occasions and far from a desirable standard AFA customer communications go.
FWIIW I got my Reg about 90 minutes from collection time (despite repeated requests by phone txt and email, all of which failed to get me the reg number earlier grrrr

Reactions: calmcalmuncle
Tesla probably CAN but whether Tesla WILL is a bit of a lottery.
As you will note if you follow others experiences, Tesla are neither the most cooperative on occasions and far from a desirable standard AFA customer communications go.
FWIIW I got my Reg about 90 minutes from collection time (despite repeated requests by phone txt and email, all of which failed to get me the reg number earlier grrrr
This is slightly worrying for me as I'm part financing with my bank via their own pcp and they require the reg number before they will make the payment to Tesla. When I last spoke to Tesla they said they wanted payment 7 days prior to collection.

This is slightly worrying for me as I'm part financing with my bank via their own pcp and they require the reg number before they will make the payment to Tesla. When I last spoke to Tesla they said they wanted payment 7 days prior to collection.
If tesla has already allocated you a car can you not just provide the bank with the vin number as this wont change but the reg could on the day of collection/delivery

Got my text today 22 June to Peterhead, I can now start to look into selling my old car, Arnold Clark (Local) or motorway seem to be the option but being where I am, I expect will have an effect on the price. Will now start the Scottish charger grant application. Would have been nice if delivery was a week early as I could have claimed it as an anniversary present from the company!

Some people have asked about Brent Cross collection. This is a repeat of my earlier post, but I can add some details now I have collected my car.

The collection area is the Brent Cross overflow carpark. This is an area to the south west of the main Brent Cross building and car parks.

It is an extra shopping car park that is unused under current restrictions - Tesla have taken the whole of the car park. There were about 50-100 cars there when I collected, mostly waiting to be collected in next week or so. The cars that are collected on the day - about 10-20 - are parked in a central covered area, and were being washed when I got there at 8:30. There is a temporary reception building with about 3-4 people greeting new owners.

Nearest bus stop is Etheridge Road - much nearer than the main Brent Cross bus station. For anyone travelling on the Northern Line, it is a walk of almost a mile from the tube station, but the walk should be easy to follow on walkways from the tube station.