Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied on the 1st of May and had an email that said something along the lines of they "aim to approve by the 17th but sometimes we're busy" I'll give them until the end of the week then I'll try getting in touch with them.
That's not very encouraging. I applied last week and aim to take delivery next month. There is a timescale following the approval for them to transfer you the money as well which you have to take into account. Can anybody advise how long this might take ( in real life, not the 10 days it mentions in the TAC).

I applied on the 1st of May and had an email that said something along the lines of they "aim to approve by the 17th but sometimes we're busy" I'll give them until the end of the week then I'll try getting in touch with them.
thanks for that,

I have no date as yet just the Generic May, working on contract, message when I log in, I know its going to be a home delivery as Aberdeen showroom arranged that.

In that weird land of wanting updates but not wanting updates.

Interestingly Aberdeen when I mentioned EST said they release Money on Tuesdays and Thursdays and its normal for delivery to have to be delayed a week because of this.

thanks for that,

I have no date as yet just the Generic May, working on contract, message when I log in, I know its going to be a home delivery as Aberdeen showroom arranged that.

In that weird land of wanting updates but not wanting updates.

Interestingly Aberdeen when I mentioned EST said they release Money on Tuesdays and Thursdays and its normal for delivery to have to be delayed a week because of this.
My online order still shows just June with no date, it's only via text that I've been offered June 14th. I have enough cash to meet the gap, so I don't mind when it gets paid it's more just needing to know it's appoved. Once that happens I'll accept the next available date.

Seems like there’s been a flurry of people getting the Delivery Date texts and booking links! I got mine earlier this evening and collecting next Friday at Trafford Centre, so it is near where the old Debenhams was? It’s going to be fun trek for me to collect mine - hope it’s worth it! Still not got my VIN on my Tesla Account though… do I need to wait for another text or call them to confirm?
Just got the address on a text - The Trafford Centre, Regent 14 Car Park, Regent Crescent, M17 8AB. Exit M60 Junction 10 and head towards the Debenhams Entrance off from Trafford Blvd.

My online order still shows just June with no date, it's only via text that I've been offered June 14th. I have enough cash to meet the gap, so I don't mind when it gets paid it's more just needing to know it's appoved. Once that happens I'll accept the next available date.
If it helps, I applied the EST on the 6th May and got the offer on the 13th.

Reactions: skippyinspace
Coincidentally, that is also the site for the planned superchargers.
Any work started on there yet? Is it true that Tesla might give you a free supercharger session just for your delivery day? Anyway here's the info that they sent me for people who are collecting from Trafford Park, Manchester.

The Trafford Centre, Regent 14 Car Park, Regent Crescent, Manchester, M17 8AB.

Google Directions:

The Trafford Centre · The Trafford Centre, Trafford Park, Stretford, Manchester M17 8AA, United Kingdom

What Three Words Directions (Exact location entrance):

///home.drama.swung

Directions by Car/Taxi:

Exit M60 at Junction 10 and head towards the old Debenhams Car Park Entrance off from Trafford Blvd. The Site is on the right of the Bus Station and BP Fuel Station, and on the left of the Trafford Tree Top Adventure.

Directions by Bus:

When arriving at the Bus Station, you will notice the BP Fuel Station, just across the road we are located in the old Debenhams Car Park.

Any work started on there yet? Is it true that Tesla might give you a free supercharger session just for your delivery day? Anyway here's the info that they sent me for people who are collecting from Trafford Park, Manchester.

The Trafford Centre, Regent 14 Car Park, Regent Crescent, Manchester, M17 8AB.

Google Directions:

The Trafford Centre · The Trafford Centre, Trafford Park, Stretford, Manchester M17 8AA, United Kingdom

What Three Words Directions (Exact location entrance):

///home.drama.swung

Directions by Car/Taxi:

Exit M60 at Junction 10 and head towards the old Debenhams Car Park Entrance off from Trafford Blvd. The Site is on the right of the Bus Station and BP Fuel Station, and on the left of the Trafford Tree Top Adventure.

Directions by Bus:

When arriving at the Bus Station, you will notice the BP Fuel Station, just across the road we are located in the old Debenhams Car Park.
Are you collecting yours this Friday? 10.30 pick up for me.

Similar here - ordered on 30th April from inventory at the Brent Cross store with a VIN allocated straight away, then today a series of texts starting with Car allocated ending on Book a collection slot, so Brent Cross on the 28th for me too - happily coinciding with a free day off work! For me they have also added a final invoice to my account which includes a different VIN (219* rather that the original 235*) but everything else looks right and it includes a number plate :)

So, on to actually selling my old car, finalising insurance etc, etc. Suddenly 10 days doesn't feel all that far away ...

Nice to see someone else is having a similar experience to me. I received the 'Tesla Update - Your Model 3 Long Range in Pearl White....' text today. Not sure what the point of that was!

Vehicle is being leased via ALD so I don't have an order to view in the account. But a bit nervous about registration plate as I am adding it to our company fleet policy and the insurer needs it before collection date.

Does anyone know what the walk is like between Brent Cross tube and the shopping centre? It looks like a PITA with crossing the A406 so I may just be lazy and get an Uber...

can you please let me know how you paid the deposit, as I received an email from a lad from Tesla giving me the bank details to pay the deposit of £5400. However, when I tried to make the payment I got the below email from the bank and kind of concerned me and stopped the payment
18C9D0E3-A261-427B-B649-7CC16D1779BD.png

can you please let me know how you paid the deposit, as I received an email from a lad from Tesla giving me the bank details to pay the deposit of £5400. However, when I tried to make the payment I got the below email from the bank and kind of concerned me and stopped the payment

Just to follow up, I'm 99.9% sure that is indeed a scam. If in doubt contact Tesla directly.

I did the view page source trick on the order page to find my VIN.
Thanks buddy and yes finally called Delivery and they sent me a text with the VIN and matches that of the source code trick you mentioned and my assigned number plate too! Now for the fun of getting insurance quotes with just the VIN. Also private plate peeps, check if your collection points does printing on site. If you’re going to Trafford Centre it’s collection only so arrange your private plates to be printed else where to at a Tesla store/service centre (if Trafford, got to Tesla Manchester South FYI)

View attachment 663521
I got the same for the first payment made towards the car via online banking. The account number, sort code and name cannot be checked by your own bank as Citibank who Tesla bank with do not support the service. Probably best to double check the account details if you are not sure though. Another option is to make a small payment (say £1 maybe) and check with Tesla it arrived OK, then pay the rest after.