Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What came with the car accessory wise? Have people received the breakdown kit (triangle, basic first aid kit etc), memory stick for TeslaCam and all cables?
And sorry, but a few things you didn’t ask about!

THE GOOD

Red bag with warning triangle and first aid kit
Black bag with Tesla branded granny charger
Clear bag with 4.5 m 3 phase 32kw type 2 Mennekes charging cable
128 GB USB stick in glovebox
Pair of mudflap extensions (in bag with charge cable)
2 keycards

THE BAD

Enough charge in traction battery to move car from dealer parking lot to Supercharger (well a bit more than that but not enough to get me home)
All the things that got ignored by Tesla before collection, and all the things below…

THE UGLY

A dealership full of people collecting their cars but like the Marie Celeste where staff were concerned (actually, on reflection, I should say not at all concerned, after they had checked they had received all the money outstanding)
The one and only person at the desk checked I had paid all outstanding invoices, gave me 2 keycards, gave me a piece of paper with QR code to scan if I accepted the car, and left me to play a game of “find your car” in the (large) car park, then when you’ve found the car, play another game of “work it all out yourself”)
Fine if you’re a seasoned Tesla owner but for a virgin owner, inevitably having a few “how do I” questions, a totally cr@p experience.😡

• Informative
Reactions: CaptainBurrito
Not sure whether this is more relevant to leasing thread or this one, sorry!

I'm looking to order a M3LR to fit in with the end of my current lease in mid-October. After test driving one recently I asked when would be best to place an order to fit that schedule, and they said sometime in August. However, given what I've seen regarding quarterly orders, shipping etc, it seems that if I order in August, it may well be delivered in September (end of Q3?) whereas if I delay ordering until October it might not arrive until December - is this corret

Not much relevance but same situation on a pcp for me. I had a PCP ending in October but decided due to the number of incentives available it was better to get the car sooner and just leave the second one sitting on the drive. Anyway, due to the car shortage, I just managed to sell the PCP to a dealer and will getting close to £3k in change which is quite incredible considering the interest rate on the PCP makes me want to vomit.

'My' Tesla is in my wife's name (£200p/m cheaper through her salary sacrifice scheme than through mine) and they've been talking to me without issue.

Some things have been texted to her after I asked but they've freely given me other info. I presume that the RN is like a key!
Ah, might have to bite the bullet myself then (as I think you know, we do have an RN number and are also on a salary sacrifice jobby)...

Top tip - if your Tesla arrives with low charge (mine did at 30%).... then before you sign the document sent to your e-mail, take the car to a supercharger and it will be free....

;)
I could not do this at Brent Cross - they asked me to sign before I was shown to the car.

Might be fun to ask if you could take the car to the Brent Cross superchargers before having to sign, but I did not try.

Mine was a mid May 2021 collection - I had 40%/133 miles on my display. Went to the Brent Cross supercharges straight away (just so I could test how they work), and I was charged.

Can you do that? My accountant says if the company owns the vehicle the insurance should be in their name too, which is a pain as it seems hard finding a decent commercial car insurance quote

If the company owns the vehicle and it's used by the business then it needs commercial insurance. If the company owns the vehicle and it's used as a company car then as I understand it then a normal policy in the name of the driver. They are two different things but the business still owns the vehicle either way.

Reactions: gil.i.am
If the company owns the vehicle and it's used by the business then it needs commercial insurance. If the company owns the vehicle and it's used as a company car then as I understand it then a normal policy in the name of the driver. They are two different things but the business still owns the vehicle either way.
Aha, cheers... yeah this wouldn't be a Fleet car or anything it's just me driving it, would make life far easier (and cheaper) if I could put it down as a regular policy in my name. Although that might affect claiming the insurance as a business expense?

I ordered a M3 LR on the 10th of May and I thought it was being manufactured in China from scratch, but it was ready for collection on the 28th :)

I am really happy to have collected a car with not a single scratch or fault, so hats off to the hardworking Chinese Tesla employees! :)

Reactions: yfwt
I ordered a M3 LR on the 10th of May and I thought it was being manufactured in China from scratch, but it was ready for collection on the 28th :)

I am really happy to have collected a car with not a single scratch or fault, so hats off to the hardworking Chinese Tesla employees! :)
Definitely! And enjoy - even my detailer said there’s a step up in build quality and control - enjoy! I collected mine on the same day too 👍🏼☺️

I ordered on 27th May and got my schedule text today for 26th June. I want to get my insurance sorted. Any idea what I need from now to get it done and when I'll get my VIN?
Registration not until 2 ish weeks before delivery date so insurance will have to wait (mine will not / cannot use VIN for insurance, only reg plate.
VIN if allocated already can be found on the "manage your order" page of your tesla account, using the "view page source" function and then CTRL F with the prefix search of "LRW"
You'll get a text eventually though

Reactions: SunnyM3 and yfwt
I ordered on 27th May and got my schedule text today for 26th June. I want to get my insurance sorted. Any idea what I need from now to get it done and when I'll get my VIN?
All I can say best of luck - Tesla are known to be last minute for your VIN and registration documents on the day. You can ask closer to the time - always ring Tesla and their delivery team for such info :)

Reactions: SunnyM3