Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joining the club! Ordered Blue M3LR via NHS fleet 1st June, status moved to car on order yesterday, now playing the waiting game as have no idea on dates!
(whilst probably sorting out unlooping for the charge point!)
If the lease company have added you to the order, why don't you see if Tesla can allocate you an inventory vehicle to your order? Have you searched on the inventory on the website for your exact spec to see if there is one out there that matches?

Joining the club! Ordered Blue M3LR via NHS fleet 1st June, status moved to car on order yesterday, now playing the waiting game as have no idea on dates!
(whilst probably sorting out unlooping for the charge point!)
Good luck! As you will notice from my other posts, my experience of NHS leasing has been a little frustrating (and we don't have a firm delivery date yet). And going for a common iteration (as we did) and suggesting that they look in the inventory to match us to a particular car hasn't helped/gone down well.

(However, TBF, I've just heard that the fleet company (because of an apparent cock-up with the lease company using the supercharger code I provided) will refund us for the missing free miles.)

Who does the NHS use in your part of the world?

If the lease company have added you to the order, why don't you see if Tesla can allocate you an inventory vehicle to your order? Have you searched on the inventory on the website for your exact spec to see if there is one out there that matches?
Good luck! As you will notice from my other posts, my experience of NHS leasing has been a little frustrating (and we don't have a firm delivery date yet). And going for a common iteration (as we did) and suggesting that they look in the inventory to match us to a particular car hasn't helped/gone down well.

(However, TBF, I've just heard that the fleet company (because of an apparent cock-up with the lease company using the supercharger code I provided) will refund us for the missing free miles.)

Who does the NHS use in your part of the world?
TBF, I've no idea who the lease firm will be yet, think it's all still early days. My Trust is based in the NW, but I've had email replies from Northumbria Healthcare!
(I've asked about referral miles, personal plates, timescales and they've just said check with the dealer!)

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Ok everyone, I'm in on this now. Ordered a Midnight Silver M3 SR+. Unfortunately being very unfamiliar with Tesla delivery schedules it looks like I've ordered at the worst time. They don't have any cars coming in that match my spec, so delivery expected August / September.

The wait begins.
I’ve ordered the same spec (black interior, 18”) - my order confirmation came through yesterday. Fingers crossed there’s a couple of cancellations and we can get behind the wheel before September!

After phoning the EST this morning and them managing to find the final invoice I sent last Monday, the status has changed “loan offer sent” to “claim being checked”. Hopefully, they’ll finish in time for the Tesla.
EST funds arrived this morning for me. No extra notification but it did seem to take from Friday to today via BACS.

Oh, I've had a status update - It's now "Invoice verification - with dealership". Delivery in 5 days😂
I had a call with EST today and they needed verbally reconfirm that I was indeed purchasing the vehicle, etc.. This was then followed by yet another email to EST which confirmed this conversation - talking about OTT.
Anyway, they also said that they requested the Invoice Verification from Tesla. I contacted Tesla and the helpful sales guy at Tesla (who has been excellent, BTW) immediate responded and advised that Tesla has already verified this with EST. So, bar anything else needing reconfirmation, the funds should be approved any time and then could take another 5 days to reach my account.
Weird is that EST thought I could take delivery of the car and then pay the invoice. They seem to be living in a different universe, so had to walk them through the process and the deadline when I needed the funds in order to take delivery of the car at the end of the month.

Reactions: imstitch
First post - M3 LR ordered 14th May. Got the VIN text (235) and now expected delivery date of the 14th June, all the way up in sunny Liverpool. No idea what boat, where it is now, even if I will actually get it here on the 14th as a few others all appear to be a bit later than that. But I am sooo bloody excited. Got the biggest bunch of crap accessories building up in an amazon basket and trying hard not to buy them all. Just waiting until I see the thing on my drive before I buy the mother-load of plastic add ons.

First post - M3 LR ordered 14th May. Got the VIN text (235) and now expected delivery date of the 14th June, all the way up in sunny Liverpool. No idea what boat, where it is now, even if I will actually get it here on the 14th as a few others all appear to be a bit later than that. But I am sooo bloody excited. Got the biggest bunch of crap accessories building up in an amazon basket and trying hard not to buy them all. Just waiting until I see the thing on my drive before I buy the mother-load of plastic add ons.
Likely already in the UK having arrived on Glovis Sun at the end of May.

I had a call with EST today and they needed verbally reconfirm that I was indeed purchasing the vehicle, etc.. This was then followed by yet another email to EST which confirmed this conversation - talking about OTT.
Anyway, they also said that they requested the Invoice Verification from Tesla. I contacted Tesla and the helpful sales guy at Tesla (who has been excellent, BTW) immediate responded and advised that Tesla has already verified this with EST. So, bar anything else needing reconfirmation, the funds should be approved any time and then could take another 5 days to reach my account.
Weird is that EST thought I could take delivery of the car and then pay the invoice. They seem to be living in a different universe, so had to walk them through the process and the deadline when I needed the funds in order to take delivery of the car at the end of the month.

Yep, that's the call I had yesterday, had to reconfirm things I have already confirmed once or twice. I haven't heard from the SA that I emailed 3 days ago which is also the person that the EST emailed about verification so I suspect I'm at yet another road block.

I just got a call from Tesla saying I need to pay by tomorrow or delay delivery for another week. Lucky I have enough money to fill the gap in the short term but honestly dealing with the EST has very difficult. I started the process on the 1st of May and here we are nearly 40 days later but they have said I can pay for the vehicle now so I guess I'll just have to keep trying to chase them down.

Reactions: CaptFish2003
Yes it does seem a bit of a strange set of expectations on the EST's side. At least with Tesla and their global shipping routes, cars could be several weeks to months out from the initial order date, so there is a bit of time to get things in order. but it'd be worse if you were buying from a normal dealership and they had the car in stock, and wanted it shifted from stock as soon as possible. I can't imagine the dealer being happy to hold on to a particular car for you long enough for the EST approval to clear, and funds to be made available.

No wonder the conventional dealership chains don't promote this route!

Having said that, everyone at the EST has been very helpful.

Reactions: CaptFish2003
Yes, I am not sure how the EST process would work with anybody else. A particular problem is the time limitation between getting the Loan approved and needing to take delivery of the car. When I ordered my last EV that was 6months and not sure if Hyundai and others are any better nowadays.

Reactions: imstitch
Hello!

I've been following the forum for a few weeks and I've finally bit the bullet - I have ordered the Model 3 standard range + (midnight silver, 18" wheels and black interior). Being the most impatient person, and ordering the car at probably the worst time it seems, isn't ideal - I'm hoping that a few cars will magically appear sooner rather than later. I've been told three different delivery months by five different people over the phone, in person (when I went for the test drive), online and by my leasing company ordered through the works salary sacrifice scheme). September came up twice though - has anyone actually been told a date a few months in the future and got lucky with a quicker delivery?

Thanks, Matt.

Ordered from inventory on 4/6/21 and I can see a VIN in the source of the product finalise page, but I didn't receive a text about that yet. The VIN ends in 242 but I'm not within delivery range, so collecting from Birmingham. I haven't been asked to pick a date yet :(

I was asked to pick a date yesterday. Earliest available was 18/6/21 from Birmingham (delivery was not an option), a week on Friday! No registration yet though, so I cannot sort out insurance.

It finally feels real :D