Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected our M3LR from Brent Cross today. Ordered from inventory in May. Really pleased. Couldn’t see anything at all unusual in terms of panel gaps; paintwork was decent (I guess a bit orange peely in places but it looks great to me); some surface marks on the bonnet where they’ve cleaned it but it’ll all look like that soon anyway!; haven’t found one mark or issue with it yet although the autopilot calibration seems stuck on 99% so I’ve done a reboot to hopefully clear that.

Only about 30% battery so drove up to Park Royal for a blast to 80%. And then a horrible rush hour drive across London nervously navigating the heavy traffic and watching in horror as my fellow cyclists squeezed up the side over and over again! That acceleration really helped though.

Nice start to EV life and surprised how much my wife has been enjoying the boom box and fart sounds!

Reactions: chemirocha
I've done everything now ready for collection friday. My car goes tomorrow (an M240) sold through Motorway and clearing outstanding finance, hopefully that will go well with the dealer tomorrow thats driving down to get it. Its been a great car but really looking forward to owning a M3. Two sleeps!

Two steps forwards and one step backwards today. My SA got in touch this morning to let me know they'd received the verification from the EST and responded. Today was also the last day to pay for the vehicle so I did that soon after. Now I've gone to check to EST status and it's gone back to "Claim being checked".

My EST is still showing as Claim Being checked but was supposed to be in last nights payment processing, So phoned and was told that internally it was marked as passed to finance on Tuesday, So payment should be in approx 5 working days. I asked if there would be an email and was informed that would be AFTER payment has arrived in the account. Along the lines of congratulations payment has been made, your next steps are,.

So with a little bit of luck payment will be in the account exactly 1 week before delivery! Will that be cutting it fine since Tesla doesnt take faster payments.

When I test drove my M3sr+ the sales Advisor basically said the same as Q3 is all about the new reg plate
The issue is that it takes a month for cars to get from Fremont or Shanghai into the hands of customers, and Tesla don't want cars in-transit at the end of the quarter. They want every car that they build in a quarter, delivered in that quarter. As a result, the last month of a quarter (June) is about local (US/China) production as that way there's little to no transport time and they can get them delivered in the quarter.

International production restarts in the new quarter (July), but then you've got a month for the cars to travel, meaning they reach customers in month 2 of the quarter (August)

The issue is that it takes a month for cars to get from Fremont or Shanghai into the hands of customers, and Tesla don't want cars in-transit at the end of the quarter. They want every car that they build in a quarter, delivered in that quarter. As a result, the last month of a quarter (June) is about local (US/China) production as that way there's little to no transport time and they can get them delivered in the quarter.

International production restarts in the new quarter (July), but then you've got a month for the cars to travel, meaning they reach customers in month 2 of the quarter (August)
This answer is spot-on!
I am sure however Tesla UK will make a huge push for the Sept 21 stats to show that the Model 3 is the best selling EV - much as they are doing now for Jun 21.

Reactions: ElectricBeaver
My payment was done very fast using the standard bank to bank method. Forced to pay in two chunks by my bank, but was anyhow a bit concerned when could not verify the Tesla Citibank account so sent through smaller part on day 1, by end of evening I could see I had part paid on line. Paid balance day two and it showed up within hours as the total being paid. Very efficient.

Reactions: skippyinspace
My payment was done very fast using the standard bank to bank method. Forced to pay in two chunks by my bank, but was anyhow a bit concerned when could not verify the Tesla Citibank account so sent through smaller part on day 1, by end of evening I could see I had part paid on line. Paid balance day two and it showed up within hours as the total being paid. Very efficient.
I did exactly this too and its reassuring to see the money show on your account within a couple of hours.

Collection day for me :) Train ride to Southampton then a walk to the docks, i've only been awake since 4am...

I did exactly this too and its reassuring to see the money show on your account within a couple of hours.

Collection day for me :) Train ride to Southampton then a walk to the docks, i've only been awake since 4am...
Watch out for potential closures/diversions. Big fire at/near the docks so lots of warnings going out. Not sure if roads closed/restricted.

Watch out for potential closures/diversions. Big fire at/near the docks so lots of warnings going out. Not sure if roads closed/restricted.

'35,000 tonnes of scrap metal' on the docks several months ago would have been a cause for concern but fortunately these are now MIC.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger and Jez_GB
Glad to read this, I hate transferring large sums of money to an unknown account and usually transfer over a small amount (typically £1) until I know its genuine. I take that its your own Tesla account the transfer shows up in within hours? That is what I will do then, when i eventually get the information I need! My car is not being delivered until the back end of the month, seems to take ages to get to the North east from Southampton!

I've just been to a petrol station for the very last time.

Pick up tomorrow from Bristol at 1pm.

It's been a blast being with you all as we wait for our cars, tracking ships, discussing lumber support etc.

Adiós señors y señoritas. See you on other threads.
Great news! Still no texts for us, still no sense we actually have a car despite the assurances of the NHS fleet person, but - according to the Knowles Fleet portal, at least - still an ETA of 30th June, so maybe we'll only be a couple of weeks behind you.

Enjoy!

Reactions: SimonRutter
Glad to read this, I hate transferring large sums of money to an unknown account and usually transfer over a small amount (typically £1) until I know its genuine. I take that its your own Tesla account the transfer shows up in within hours? That is what I will do then, when i eventually get the information I need! My car is not being delivered until the back end of the month, seems to take ages to get to the North east from Southampton!
Yes that's right. I transferred £3* first of all to confirm the payee details, and it showed up within about 20 minutes. I called Tesla for them to confirm receipt. At other times, it has taken up to four or five hours to show - Tesla said it could take up to half a day, so I suppose it must depend on when the RN matching process trawls their bank account to tally the money received.

I did all my transfers during business hours (in case I needed to chase up) and using Faster Payments.

Just make sure to user your RN number as the transaction reference.

** because it's a model 3, get it?!

Reactions: steveatesh