Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought it was only me that had no communication from tesla. So I am glad I found a lot of good information here.Just ordered a m3 sr+and have had nothing but trouble. Firstly with uploading proof of earnings and receiving documents refused over 100 times. Eventually got that done and now had finance conditionally approved. I have RN number but nothing in my account saying anything about expected delivery date. When I ordered it said expected August. Should I see somewhere in my account this expected August or do I hear nothing now until the car is on it's way?
Also the tesla app shows nothing but videos for new car I can only see any information about my order on my account on the tesla website Is this normal?

Thought it was only me that had no communication from tesla. So I am glad I found a lot of good information here.Just ordered a m3 sr+and have had nothing but trouble. Firstly with uploading proof of earnings and receiving documents refused over 100 times. Eventually got that done and now had finance conditionally approved. I have RN number but nothing in my account saying anything about expected delivery date. When I ordered it said expected August. Should I see somewhere in my account this expected August or do I hear nothing now until the car is on it's way?
Also the tesla app shows nothing but videos for new car I can only see any information about my order on my account on the tesla website Is this normal?
I just ordered my first Tesla a couple of weeks ago so I’m in a similar position. From research, I believe you’ll get a better estimate once they’ve allocated a car to you. The Tesla app will remain as it is now until you collect the car and it’s associated with your account.

I dont think I would of been so worried about things if we hadn't had the issue uploading proof of earnings. Other issue we had was the
conditional offer for finance. The email made it sound like we needed proof our current car was paid off now. Would of then been car less for a month or 2. After a few days had a replying say car didnt need paying off till closer to the time.

Unfortunately everything you have experienced so far appears to be entirely normal!

Like you, I ordered the LR a week ago, got my RN number and then that's it! From what I understand, and others will correct me if I've misunderstood, you won't get any further updates until you have been matched to a VIN, i.e. your spec matches a car which has been produced....and even then I don't think you'll hear anything until said car has been loaded onto a ship in China.

So.....plenty of time to perhaps change my mind and get the Performance! :cool:

Unfortunately everything you have experienced so far appears to be entirely normal!

Like you, I ordered the LR a week ago, got my RN number and then that's it! From what I understand, and others will correct me if I've misunderstood, you won't get any further updates until you have been matched to a VIN, i.e. your spec matches a car which has been produced....and even then I don't think you'll hear anything until said car has been loaded onto a ship in China.

So.....plenty of time to perhaps change my mind and get the Performance! :cool:
I think I so used to turning up at a dealership and saying “I will have that one”. Then before you know it your driving it home. hopefully not months before I can drive this one home.

Hi, apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but does anyone know how and when the allocations work and when you are informed? I am in a similar position to those above with an order ref, not a lot else!
As I understand it, the cars are allocated in the order that they were requested, unless you spot something in inventory that is a 'floater' (so to speak)

Another Leeds one 👍

I’m getting stressed now. There’s a current inventory model sitting in inventory which matches my requested spec exactly. I presume “in transit” means they’ll still be part of whatever shipment is on the way? Also, why haven’t any Performance models come up in inventory if they’re also due in August?

Same for me

Just got off the phone to Tesla and was told that the first shipment is due 17th August

I've just got off the phone too - the advisor stated there's "lots of speculation" when I pushed him for a delivery date and prompted him with the August 17th date. He wouldn't give me a solid answer but hinted that, given my order date, I'd be looking at September, possibly late August. He stated that I'd get my VIN number when the ship is on the final stretch towards Southampton and the text with the registration plate a few days after that.

Interestingly, they have me down for home delivery when I was under the impression I would be collecting from Manchester!

Just got of the chat via the Tesla website. I placed an order on the 23rd June for a SR+, no changes from the standard white model. This is what I was told...

Having looked at your order, it appears that the your order was placed at the very end of June. With this in mind, your order may not have got into the August delivery time I'm afraid so will now be November. To ensure a earlier delivery date, the Long Range Model 3 is available in August / September
Obviously the 23rd is nearer the end of June than the start but I'd hardly call it the "very end" of June. How reliable are the chat agents? Am I better calling?

Just got of the chat via the Tesla website. I placed an order on the 23rd June for a SR+, no changes from the standard white model. This is what I was told...

Obviously the 23rd is nearer the end of June than the start but I'd hardly call it the "very end" of June. How reliable are the chat agents? Am I better calling?

It's the same call centre I believe. I spoke to the same advisor over live chat as I did over the phone - I think it depends on which customer service advisor you get. Worth calling though, it would be good of them to actually let you know whether or not you're in August/Sept or Novemeber!

It's the same call centre I believe. I spoke to the same advisor over live chat as I did over the phone - I think it depends on which customer service advisor you get. Worth calling though, it would be good of them to actually let you know whether or not you're in August/Sept or Novemeber!
I did say I didn't order that close to the end of the month. He replied with...

Unfortunately, I am unable to assist. If you would like to discuss more about your order, please call 0162 845 0660 - option 4

He did suggest I could swap the SR+ for the LR. I would have ordered a LR if I could afford it. Do they think everyone just has an extra few £k they can just drop on an already expensive car?!

So just called them and spoke to someone else. He said because I ordered in June, I'd get the car August/September time. He wouldn't commit to a time but did say they had a shipment scheduled for mid August. Not sure who to believe! Guess I'll just have to worry/wait and see.

Reactions: Matt1108
So just called them and spoke to someone else. He said because I ordered in June, I'd get the car August/September time. He wouldn't commit to a time but did say they had a shipment scheduled for mid August. Not sure who to believe! Guess I'll just have to worry/wait and see.

Ha - that's about right! Hopefully, he's right. I remember the website showing 'August delivery' for new custom orders in July, and now as we know it shows November. So if that's anything to go by then you should be fine - but, who knows?!

What spec did you go for?