Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had another text this morning, does anyone know if this has any significance to anything?
View attachment 710441
Interesting, you're one text ahead of me and my delivery is on 22nd, Getting very excited now.

Must admit I am feeling a bit nervous regarding possible issues, as have been through that in the past with a discovery sport. As a business lease customer, I don't have the protection of the consumer rights act either.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Not sure at the moment that option is available in podpoint - Adam (medved_77) knows more about this. I have not set the scheduling in the car as people mentioned about some issues or it is bit clunky?. Anyone set this up in the car with pod point chargers?
The car should be able to handle the charging regime better, but until it does I've found this route the path of least resistance.

If I need more charge than the off peak period allows then I just turn off the schedule for the following day and try to remember to reactivate it. Only had to do that once but don't use the car for commuting so YMMV.

Screenshot_20210917-125049_PodPoint.jpg

Reactions: spdpsba
Interesting, you're one text ahead of me and my delivery is on 22nd, Getting very excited now.

Must admit I am feeling a bit nervous regarding possible issues, as have been through that in the past with a discovery sport. As a business lease customer, I don't have the protection of the consumer rights act either.
I wouldn't worry too much, in my experience Range Rovers have been riddled with problems, recent example, family friend of mine has recently paid out 6.5k for a blown turbo on an 2016 evoque.

With your new Tesla you dont have anywhere near as many components that can go wrong (I'd guesstimate 90% less), with a business lease you still will have manufactures warranty and depending on the lease term that should cover it for the whole duration: Vehicle Warranty

Other issues outside of warranty claims will most likely be paint chips, alloy scratches, dinks - basically all small(ish) cosmetics, things you can get resolved fairly quickly and not at a great expense.

Now if you are talking about issues with the vehicle on delivery, most will be resolved then and there, but for larger issues you will get the same treatment as a individual consumer - just make sure you noticed issues within the first 100 miles and it will be sorted free of charge.

I am however jealous of your 22nd collection date.

The charge port can be opened just by pressing the flap can’t it?
Yes, you can. But I think once you get used to the superchargers you might be looking for the button to open and close (unlock) in your charger rather than tapping the port to open. It's just a habit which I agree is bit silly but we forget that we can press the flap to open. And what I also noticed is as soon as you don't see the button your next reaction is to pull your phone to open the port rather than pressing the flap to open. Unfortunately to unlock the charger from the port after charging you need the phone or NFC tags as Medved_77 suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: teaston
FML, the car never arrived at Brent Cross, so I'm not picking up tomorrow. Apparently it's still in Southampton. Completely scuppered my plans for the next few days.

Have to call first thing in the morning to find out if I can go to Southampton same day and pick up the car instead. Customer Service said they would call back on Monday to discuss options, but that is not an option, I have my Monday and Tuesday booked up and need a car for them.

There's no way I can afford to rent a car such short notice. In talks with a friend to borrow their car for a few days but it's also short notice. Beyond stressed right now.

Pod Point installed mine in 17 days from ordering, it was booked for 13th October but then they manage to instal it yesterday, £600 total using the OZEV grant.

Definitely the best looking cheap tethered charging with the cables neatly wrapped round and hidden:
View attachment 710433
24hours for me. Ordered filled in paperwork then got a call next day saying they have a cancellation. First class. 👍🏻

Reactions: teaston
FML, the car never arrived at Brent Cross, so I'm not picking up tomorrow. Apparently it's still in Southampton. Completely scuppered my plans for the next few days.

Have to call first thing in the morning to find out if I can go to Southampton same day and pick up the car instead. Customer Service said they would call back on Monday to discuss options, but that is not an option, I have my Monday and Tuesday booked up and need a car for them.

There's no way I can afford to rent a car such short notice. In talks with a friend to borrow their car for a few days but it's also short notice. Beyond stressed right now.
That’s rubbish! I admit I’m nervous they’re trying to deliver too many at the end of this month. If they fall behind, I’ll be murdered by my wife (we’ve made 20th Wedding Anniversary plans around Elon and his lot)….

Is there any way to schedule charging within the Tesla between 11.30pm and 4.30am to run in line with my energy supplier?
I have a BP chargemaster home unit which has an app but it’s rubbish 😂
I have never used Tesla charging schedule as people said it is clunky and specifically devised to work with American electric companies that has 11pm-7am low energy charges. The problem with Tesla charging schedule is you can set up either a starting time (in schedule charging mode) or ending time (in departure time mode). You can’t set both. So your choice is to count backwards setting up ending time of 430 and assume all your battery will be charged between 1130-430. That’s why most use their charger company apps to set up. I know it is just an update for Tesla to fix but I don’t think they understand that others pay more for electric than Americans!

That’s terrible from Tesla. Can you ask them to deliver on Monday given that it sounds like it is their mistake. Tweet Elon his team is very good- say about the loss because of non delivery.

zipcar is an option if nothing works. Europcar accepts online bookings and you can book for Monday with short notice.

Last edited: