Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly this.

In addition, Tesla GB website still shows that if you order one today (for Dec delivery) the LR still shows as a 360mile range car, which is the 77kWh battery spec. The 82kWh battery has 615km range, or 382 miles
I disagree, the 360mile range is the 82kwh battery because Germany's website was updated at the time of the change as reported Tesla Model 3 greater range from better batteries - electrive.com with the 82kwh data which is 580 kilometres aka 360 miles.

So I think the current UK website is consistent with the 82Kwh

More details on this here: New Tesla Model 3 has 82kWh battery, 9% larger than original

Still no VIN for my 31st August order (M3LR AWD, MSM, Black, 18" Aero). While I understand matching orders and cars isn't a transparent or deterministic process, others ordering later getting VINs for the same config is adding to my frustration. Anyone else in the same boat or rather not?
Hi Vifik, are you leasing?

Ordered same spec on 4th Oct and am just buying cash (well large deposit plus bank loan) and maybe that makes a difference?

Seems incredibly unfair if true!

I don’t get these comments that keep cropping up on the SR+. Are you suggesting they’re shipping out SR+ with different motors cos that sounds like garbage.

Not too worried as have the LR but just keep seeing these comments, it’s super unlikely that they mix up components.
Right, from reading the thread it looks like “J“ indicates model Y motors with a 60Kw battery - I think I prefer that option, plus its a newer, more efficient motor.

Reactions: SR-Plus and Simonix
Had the VIN this morning (or last night) in source code. The app now asks for Bluetooth but i still see my RN

I disagree, the 360mile range is the 82kwh battery because Germany's website was updated at the time of the change as reported Tesla Model 3 greater range from better batteries - electrive.com with the 82kwh data which is 580 kilometres aka 360 miles.

So I think the current UK website is consistent with the 82Kwh

More details on this here: New Tesla Model 3 has 82kWh battery, 9% larger than original

Those links are out of date, the new range is 614km not 580km.
Germany's website updated because mainland Europe (RHD) have the 82Kwh batteries for LR. UK doesn't which is why it still shows 360miles.

Either the UK site hasn't updated, the batteries are still the 77kWh ones or the batteries are 82Kwh but softlocked, we just don't know yet.

Reactions: jlz78
I see, and has any recent deliveries confirmed if its 82 or 77Kwh? I've searched the forum and cant find a single topic on people who have had deliveries and their piss is boiling over because they have the 77Kwh and done over by a few months.

Thats quite a big deal, surely thats the first thing you check. Its at this point im glad I dont have my Vin yet! Mr Musk has said all 2021 models will have 82Kwh.

I see, and has any recent deliveries confirmed if its 82 or 77Kwh? I've searched the forum and cant find a single topic on people who have had deliveries and their piss is boiling over because they have the 77Kwh and done over by a few months.

Thats quite a big deal, surely thats the first thing you check. Its at this point im glad I dont have my Vin yet! Mr Musk has said all 2021 models will have 82Kwh.

You can follow the battery discussion here, but I don't think there's been much talk from the UK side of things

You can follow the battery discussion here, but I don't think there's been much talk from the UK side of thin

Having had a very quick glance, the USA are saying all M3LR have the 82Kwh now - but even their website is outdated with old stats and so on that basis I'd assume all UK 2021 models have 82Kwh unless someone says otherwise.

What we need is someone with a LR who had a delivery within 4 weeks to confirm.

Last edited:
Still no VIN for my 31st August order (M3LR AWD, MSM, Black, 18" Aero). While I understand matching orders and cars isn't a transparent or deterministic process, others ordering later getting VINs for the same config is adding to my frustration. Anyone else in the same boat or rather not?
Same boat as you, ordered a week earlier with different configuration. I know it's not the end of the world if things are delayed but I was told September delivery originally, and now people who've ordered nearly 2 months after me are getting allocations and I'm still waiting.

I presume that some of you expecting delivery in December would prefer to delay collection until January and have it first registered in 2022? Have those of you wanting that had any difficulty in getting them to do it?
Why do I ask? I would like to order now (secure the price) and collect on 1st March (22 plate) - I'd like to get it done but the estimated delivery date on the LR is currently December and I don't know how much difficulty I would have delay8ng collection until 1st March.
I

Last edited:
I presume that some of you expecting delivery in December would prefer to delay collection until January and have it first registered in 2022? Have those if you wanting that had any difficulty in getting them to do it?
Why do I ask? I would like to order now (secure the price) and collect on 1st March (22 plate) - I'd like to get it done but the estimated delivery date on the LR is currently December and I don't know how much difficulty I would have delay8ng collection until 1st March.
I
Why are you bothered about the '22 plate? '19 Model 3s still sell for higher than their market value presently.

Reactions: Abcmsaj
I presume that some of you expecting delivery in December would prefer to delay collection until January and have it first registered in 2022? Have those of you wanting that had any difficulty in getting them to do it?
I
Have you considered investing in a private number plate?

There is no evidence that the registration impacts the cars value If that’s what concerns you…

Spooked by the prospect of a price rise I've placed my order (M3LR Grey 19") and paid my £100. Plan A is . . if I can't delay it until 1st March and the price does not rise I will cancel, write off £100 and re-order; if the price does rise I hope that my buy price will stay the same.

Having had a very quick glance, the USA are saying all M3LR have the 82Kwh now - but even their website is outdated with old stats and so on that basis I'd assume all UK 2021 models have 82Kwh unless someone says otherwise.

What we need is someone with a LR who had a delivery within 4 weeks to confirm.
US LR have a 82 kWh Panasonic battery. Different to MiC vehicles.

No one has had a LR UK delivery in Q4 yet, they don't arrive until 5+ weeks into the quarter. All Q3 vehicles were the smaller battery.

All we know at this point is some vehicles going to Australia have a larger battery - this is the first time MiC have had the new LG battery pack. Mainland Europe will get this as their vehicles are advertised with the higher range.

It's just a guessing game at this stage whether the UK will start to get the newer pack, and when. I suspect we will but not until inventory of the old has been used, so early Q4 vehicles may be on the older ones and later on the newer. Once there is no chance of a lower capacity battery I suspect Tesla will update the advertised spec of the LR in the UK (with a possible price rise too).

Hi Vifik, are you leasing?

Ordered same spec on 4th Oct and am just buying cash (well large deposit plus bank loan) and maybe that makes a difference?

Seems incredibly unfair if true!
I'm cash buyer too, however I think the implication of the finance vs. cash priority was that finance might actually be preferred/prioritised by Tesla since it is financially to their advantage? Also my Southampton pick-up could mean that there's more leeway to delay my order vs. one that then has to be delivered elsewhere in the country, though I have no evidence to support either hypothesis!