Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

@Abcmsaj

Just out of interest, there is the below youtube link. A guy strips down his steering wheel to discover although the heating elements are in the SR+ wheel, there is both a software and hardware upgrade required to make it work:

Oh really!! That sucks... easier to just build them the same, surely?! That extra £10k on the LR is looking a lot more appealing now 😂

Edit: it does seem odd... That would imply that Tesla make a different steering wheel for the SR+ Vs the LR? Seems like a waste of resource!

Last edited:
I unfortunately got a similar email today lads;

“The car journey for cars going to the UK is slightly different than Ireland, so try not to compare the two. Matching will happen shortly for Ireland and collections are expected to take place mid – late December.

Kind regards,
Natalie Verrall | IE Delivery Team”

I was talking to the delivery team on email today and they told me it would still be late December for mine. Still fingers crossed for contact in the next two weeks

Hi Guys, just recently found and joined the forum and been reading several links. Interesting to hear the difference in allocation and delivery times based on when you order and the spec you order. Not sure if anyone can shed some light for me on what I should expect as next steps. I only ordered on 23rd Oct a LR AWD in metallic silver and it stated December delivery, although after reading many posts, this can be wide of the mark. I have checked the source code and no VIN allocated, how long does this usually take once ordering? or is that something only Tesla can answer?

Hi Guys, just recently found and joined the forum and been reading several links. Interesting to hear the difference in allocation and delivery times based on when you order and the spec you order. Not sure if anyone can shed some light for me on what I should expect as next steps. I only ordered on 23rd Oct a LR AWD in metallic silver and it stated December delivery, although after reading many posts, this can be wide of the mark. I have checked the source code and no VIN allocated, how long does this usually take once ordering? or is that something only Tesla can answer?
You are better off looking at Oxstock post #6775 than asking Tesla. Based on that you should just make the cut for VIN allocation 23-26th November then end December mad scramble for delivery.

Yup, expect a vin in around 2 weeks if you’re lucky. If not then you’ll be waiting 2 weeks after that, probably a late dec / early jan if your vin isn’t here in 2 weeks time from now.

Early to mid December if your vin does show up in 2 weeks. Welcome to the forum. Me and you are in similar boats and so I’ll keep you posted.

Reactions: Abcmsaj
How long after the vehicle arrives in Southampton are Tesla ready to handover to the new owners?
Should have had a delivery/appointment text scheduling it in way ahead of its arrival in Southampton. Talia will start unloading Tesla's tonight once it moves over. Depending on delivery location times will vary I'm Glasgow home delivery and scheduled 10th Nov

Reactions: Electron Mike
When you say not particularly long, what sort of length?
Reading on other forums, it’s the width of the car plus a little bit but I don’t have first hand experience of it.