Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked with chat and mine isn't assigned, the fact people are getting brand new Tesla's within just 1-2 months of ordering is astonishing given the normal lead times for standard vehicles can be around 3-4 months in 3-4 years ago.

Tesla M3 SR+ , 19" Sport Alloys, Midnight Silver, Black Interior, Ordered 22nd sept, No Allocation or Delivery Date

Just checked with chat and mine isn't assigned, the fact people are getting brand new Tesla's within just 1-2 months of ordering is astonishing given the normal lead times for standard vehicles can be around 3-4 months in 3-4 years ago.

Tesla M3 SR+ , 19" Sport Alloys, Midnight Silver, Black Interior, Ordered 22nd sept, No Allocation or Delivery Date
Think normal manfactuers just ticked along though, didnt really innovate. Now you have a company that needs to shoot past them, only way to do that is to get your PR and Marketing on point and massively invest in production to get as many bums on seats as you can - creating the perception to people that Tesla is where its at.

They probably knew they would be the largest car manufacturer 2 years ago and catering for the demand now.

Just got off the phone with Tesla CS (Oliver) and he mentioned a placeholder had been put on my order (basically a car had been allocated but couldn’t confirm) and I’d hear from them very shortly regarding delivery.
He said late November/early December for delivery.

SR+ Black (aero wheel) ordered 05/10 for anyone wondering on dates

Just got off the phone with Tesla CS (Oliver) and he mentioned a placeholder had been put on my order (basically a car had been allocated but couldn’t confirm) and I’d hear from them very shortly regarding delivery.

Your car could be on NABUCCO which is due in to the UK 25/11

Think normal manfactuers just ticked along though, didnt really innovate. Now you have a company that needs to shoot past them, only way to do that is to get your PR and Marketing on point and massively invest in production to get as many bums on seats as you can - creating the perception to people that Tesla is where its at.

They probably knew they would be the largest car manufacturer 2 years ago and catering for the demand now.
A car company that designed cars by Rocket designers 😁

Same spec, ordered 4 days later, I guess the “placeholder” on the order is the VIN that is tentatively allocated, that you can see in the page source. I’m in the same boat then (literally as well as figuratively). That’s good. Wonder if I can magically line up delivery on my birthday (2 Dec)…

Reactions: Cocomaxxi
Am I correct in saying that VINs were allocated in the source code on the 1st of November? The reason I ask that is that today was the first time for me to check this and it was there.

Tesla Model 3 SR+ | Black, White | 18’’ Aero Wheels | Ordered: 14th September 2021 |

For all the Irish people here waiting on deliveries, just off the phone with Tesla support - I was told not to expect a call or text until the end of the month on VIN and Reg details for December delivery.

Also probably worth noting that they reiterated yesterdays claim that Q4 Model 3 orders will be 491km with 0-100km/h in 5.6secs. Anyone ordering from yesterday will have the 6.1secs acceleration

For all the Irish people here waiting on deliveries, just off the phone with Tesla support - I was told not to expect a call or text until the end of the month on VIN and Reg details for December delivery.

Also probably worth noting that they reiterated yesterdays claim that Q4 Model 3 orders will be 491km with 0-100km/h in 5.6secs. Anyone ordering from yesterday will have the 6.1secs acceleration
I'm based in the UK, but given we both drive on the same side of the road, then this should apply to England/Wales/Scotland deliveries too, you'd think!

I'm based in the UK, but given we both drive on the same side of the road, then this should apply to England/Wales/Scotland deliveries too, you'd think!
Looking over at the shipping thread, it looks like cars destined for ROI arrive via Zeebruge rather than Southampton. Probably for EU customs reasons I expect. What I've not been able to work out is whether this has an impact for cars going to NI. You've gotta love international politics!

Looking over at the shipping thread, it looks like cars destined for ROI arrive via Zeebruge rather than Southampton. Probably for EU customs reasons I expect. What I've not been able to work out is whether this has an impact for cars going to NI. You've gotta love international politics!
I'm collecting in Belfast and I've no idea where my car is coming from. I got a VIN last week (lease order) but haven't heard anything more apart from being told by Tesla chat that it would be 'early December'. Asked what boat it was, and they said they couldn't tell me. Tried to call local Tesla branch and just got an automated message 'we'll tell you when it's close to collection date' and was then cut off 😅

It'll appear sooner or later... I hope... 🤞

I'm collecting in Belfast and I've no idea where my car is coming from. I got a VIN last week (lease order) but haven't heard anything more apart from being told by Tesla chat that it would be 'early December'. Asked what boat it was, and they said they couldn't tell me. Tried to call local Tesla branch and just got an automated message 'we'll tell you when it's close to collection date' and was then cut off 😅

It'll appear sooner or later... I hope... 🤞
Lease orders seem to have an extra layer of mystery about them. Mr Miserable over on the shipping thread is tracking a number of ships heading to Europe from Shanghai (2021 Shipping Movements). Hopefully 'early December' is true for us both!

Is it reasonable to say that the telephone CS people are more helpful than the online ones? I used the online CS support yesterday and didn't get much information and I am thinking of phoning instead.

Having seen others with identical spec (SR+ Blue, standard wheels, black interior), who ordered after me, I am getting a little worried that I might not get my car this quarter (having ordered it on the 3rd Oct). Do you think a phone call would help?

Thanks for the update - sounds like we are going to be the very very end of December so

I would think then the process is the cars arrive in Zebrugge before the are allocated as opposed to allocation on route, would be good if there was some consistency on how it's done across countries especially with people like us with not a Vin between us :D

Reactions: dave8089