Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by a guy called Kevin in the Irish CS department that the team is really small, only a couple of people. Him and 2 others for Irish specific requirements, and last two times I've called I've been put through to people based in England.

He did give me his mobile number to call for anything but I tried that yesterday and it went to voice mail 😭
Aw phew that explains it thank god - when I called I must have gotten through to UK contact centre and they literally could not tell me anything about Ireland orders, literally told me I was all good to go and should get matched for delivery hopefully in Feb/Mar 😮 And I was like emmmmm what????

Ah yes Kevin from the Sales team is the guy I met for test drive and was speaking with him on chat and he was much more helpful! I've his number too - but it's really the Ireland Delivery team we need to find out whats actually happening 😂

Does anyone have experience of getting their registration plate assigned a bit early? I need this to finalise bank PCP finance and the CS team said they would get it actioned by the registration team by yesterday afternoon but haven’t heard back. Delivery is in about 3 weeks.

Have tried bunging them the 20k from my own pocket as a sweetener already but am unsure if that has worked 😂

Thanks
Got mine today, asked Online Chat to push me a text confirming, which they did, collecting 27th November.

Reactions: DoricJim
L lol
Honestly, that shipping thread is a pile of donkey turd. One person will say a boat, then another dude will say no its not that one cos its going to Afghanistan, another dude will say its this ship, then someone else says no because thats going to Libya.

Fact of the matter is, no one f******* knows what boat your tesla is on, regardless of how many people are drooling over Marine tracker. Unless Tesla CS say which boat its on, or your uncles, best friends cousin works at Tesla - its a waste of time frankly.

Rant over.
🤪Having a D in the 8th character of the VIN surely means ‘Donkey turd’ on this thread. The point is if Tesla were to relese this information then we will all pick something else to discuss. I do enjoy all threads for that matter. That is the point of a discussion thread after all

Aw phew that explains it thank god - when I called I must have gotten through to UK contact centre and they literally could not tell me anything about Ireland orders, literally told me I was all good to go and should get matched for delivery hopefully in Feb/Mar 😮 And I was like emmmmm what????

Ah yes Kevin from the Sales team is the guy I met for test drive and was speaking with him on chat and he was much more helpful! I've his number too - but it's really the Ireland Delivery team we need to find out whats actually happening 😂
Really nice guy actually, I was speaking with him on the website chat and he just gave me a call to give me the full behind the scenes low down haha. The delivery team really are not being too helpful, I sent an email across the other day about the addition range and acceleration to which Guvi, replied saying as I "hadn't been assigned a VIN you stand a good chance of getting the below". Which wasn't exactly clear, then got assigned a VIN two days later and the delivery team have ignored my emails since despite emailing me looking for SEAI details for the grant. Bit frustrating

Reactions: BevyBoy and John_IE
Haha, I was told that it's not possible because they don't get registered until they arrive at the delivery centre and that's when I'd receive mine. Not shocked.
They complete registration on the day, which I believe means taxation, not the allocation of a registration plate from DVLA, which is not likely to be a quick turnaround in any case, given most things from that agency can take 3-5 days. They absolutely have a registration number on that car many days before you pick it up.

I've just had mine plus VIN confirmation text, a whole 3 weeks early.

Hi all,

I've been tracking this forum for a while and have been waiting for Admin to approve my google registration (but for whatever reason it's still pending so another sign up later i'm here! - nice to meet you all!) My journey has been quiet different to a lot of posters in here..

Ordered through NHS work on the 10th October, Order placed with lease company on 16th October and a week later received text of RN number and a few days after that a delivery date of 3rd December delivery to home. It was a M3LR - Blue with 19inch.

Vin number has the B in that and with all the changes being mentioned to SR i'm trying to figure out if there is any positive changes to the Q4 delivery of the MIC LR models?

Thanks all

Our friend Luke has just confirmed that mine will have the increased range, heated steering-wheel and rear seats and the slightly slower acceleration of 5.6s. I'm easy either way tbh, I either got what I ordered or a slightly better version with an acceptable compromise. Tesla are as much a tech company as they are a motor company so the comparisons aren't fair. I reckon if you're buying a Tesla you're buying into this kind of a process. Understand that it shortens the gap between SR+ and the LR but unless the changes would honestly be a dealbreaker for you, chill your beans.

Also got my VIN out of him (leasing) but couldn't give me the ship it was sailing on.

Hi all,

I've been tracking this forum for a while and have been waiting for Admin to approve my google registration (but for whatever reason it's still pending so another sign up later i'm here! - nice to meet you all!) My journey has been quiet different to a lot of posters in here..

Ordered through NHS work on the 10th October, Order placed with lease company on 16th October and a week later received text of RN number and a few days after that a delivery date of 3rd December delivery to home. It was a M3LR - Blue with 19inch.

Vin number has the B in that and with all the changes being mentioned to SR i'm trying to figure out if there is any positive changes to the Q4 delivery of the MIC LR models?

Thanks all
Hello Mesh

Like you ordered via NHS salary sacrifice - Knowles is the leasing company, rather than NHS Fleet Solutions. Are you the same? I ordered M3LR, blue on 18s with white interior.

Cheers - and bet you are getting now...

Really nice guy actually, I was speaking with him on the website chat and he just gave me a call to give me the full behind the scenes low down haha. The delivery team really are not being too helpful, I sent an email across the other day about the addition range and acceleration to which Guvi, replied saying as I "hadn't been assigned a VIN you stand a good chance of getting the below". Which wasn't exactly clear, then got assigned a VIN two days later and the delivery team have ignored my emails since despite emailing me looking for SEAI details for the grant. Bit frustrating
Oh no so even when you get car matched to your order.... its still a bumpy road ahead!