Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😂

No, still the wrong way round?
All this being said on reflection I remain confused. 😂

Tesla.com shows 0-60 at 5.8 seconds for existing inventory. So I remain confused as to where this 5.6s variant has come from?

I suspect everybody is getting the same damn 0-60 speeds of 5.8 as per the inventory specifications.

Seems random they’d increase the speed of the cars being delivered as custom inventory verses existing inventory.

It is surely much more reasonable that they’d simply keep quiet about it (who’s going to measure it, really? Or ask if youre OK with it. Verses creating a random variant of cars for a single batch).

All I can from my end is that I'm based in Ireland. We use KM/h and I've been repeatedly told my car is 5.6secs to 100 and 100km/h is obviously 62mph. The CS rep said I was one of the "lucky ones" to get the upgraded range and new standard features with the old speed. Remains to be seen what I actually get in reality though :)

Reactions: dave8089
New member here, I'm considering cancelling my order for an Audi Q4 50 because of the build delays and ordering the Tesla Model Y instead. i'm looking for a bit of info please, how will it likely take from placing the £100 deposit for the MY to receiving the final invoice for full payment?

Well, all I know is:

1) He said "you have fallen in between the old motor and the new battery, so have the better acceleration" - despite it saying J in my VIN.
2) I don't really care :D - I have a VIN assigned and will never need the full acceleration and am just very very happy to be getting such a lovely car (with heated steering wheel and rear seats and a longer range as a bonus).

Reactions: Field Marshall
5.6 what though? 0-60, 0-62, 0-100? This matters. It makes no sense they’d have a 5.6s car that is neither the old or the new.

It’s a 5.8 0-62. And a 5.6 0-60.

Everybody is getting confused. Even Tesla CS.

At this point I’m beyond caring. The car I bought was 5.3 (I think) 😂
She said that with the extras (which isn’t what I ordered)

But in all honesty unless you’ve got draggy installed via the cars computer and are on a perfectly flat road the time will be different everytime you punch it so 0.2 seconds here or there won’t bother me

New member here, I'm considering cancelling my order for an Audi Q4 50 because of the build delays and ordering the Tesla Model Y instead. i'm looking for a bit of info please, how will it likely take from placing the £100 deposit for the MY to receiving the final invoice for full payment?
Currently saying "early 2022" for MY, and from what I understand from the quarterly cycle, you will be looking at Feb at the earliest, probably March (since the MY demand is high).

You wouldn't be asked to pay the balance until maybe 3 weeks before collection, so probably mid Feb at the earliest.

I am new to all this, so I may be wrong.

At this point I’m beyond caring. The car I bought was 5.3 (I think) 😂
She said that with the extras (which isn’t what I ordered)

But in all honesty unless you’ve got draggy installed via the cars computer and are on a perfectly flat road the time will be different everytime you punch it so 0.2 seconds here or there won’t bother me
Totally agree.