Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talking of New battery/range or not. I had Tesla CD confirm that my car has the newer battery, but no rear heated seats or steering wheel. I ordered early October not expecting to get the new battery as it stated less range and was quicker 0-60mph.

Not that bothered to be honest, but thought you should all know. Expect the newer battery if you orders in Oct.

Reactions: khew1988
The car will be blocked - straight on a low loader and sent to BCA auctions to be sold.
So long as it isn’t obviously damaged they don’t care for the trade in.
They take an up to date and odometer reading and as long is no more than 1200 miles from initial valuation it’ll be fine.
I rang them to clarify this and was told its 1,200 miles per month

Not had a text off Tesla but the leasing company have received the delivery date I got last week and updated that, they have also updated the reg number on the portal too. All getting very real now 😍
What leasing company. I’m in the same boat. Emailed leasing company and Tesla but nothing from either . Sales team have told me I’ve been matched and delivery will be first week in December but because it’s a lease that’s all he could tell me - very frustrating when they don’t reply

Talking of New battery/range or not. I had Tesla CD confirm that my car has the newer battery, but no rear heated seats or steering wheel. I ordered early October not expecting to get the new battery as it stated less range and was quicker 0-60mph.

Not that bothered to be honest, but thought you should all know. Expect the newer battery if you orders in Oct.
They're wrong. We've had an SR+ delivered today on Facebook that has all the above.

Yes, that's really quick 👍....I ordered on the 29th October and still haven't heard anything...maybe because my spec is more in demand so we'll have to wait longer for an available model or it's potluck whether they deliver enough in your area...🤔
I’m in a similar boat, I ordered on the 31st. I called Tesla CS and all I got was that if I don’t hear anything by the end of the month, then I’m looking at a February/March delivery 🤷🏾‍♂️

The car will be blocked - straight on a low loader and sent to BCA auctions to be sold.
They take an up to date and odometer reading and as long is no more than 1200 miles from initial valuation it’ll be fine.
When getting the trade in the damage is taken into account as you upload pictures of any damage; so long as they match when they see the car I assume all should be ok.

Reactions: Cocomaxxi
Just had the text this morning too! now booked in! whoop!
Still no VIN info
Anyone know when you get the REG no? (for insurance)

M3 SR+ white/black. Ordered 19/10, pick up 13/12
You can get provisional quotes online by entering the car make and model rather than the registration no. and then actually activate the quote once the plate details are advised. I received my plate details on 9/11 for car call collection on 25/11 so just over 2 weeks prior

What leasing company. I’m in the same boat. Emailed leasing company and Tesla but nothing from either . Sales team have told me I’ve been matched and delivery will be first week in December but because it’s a lease that’s all he could tell me - very frustrating when they don’t reply
Its a company car so all done through Lex Autolease. We have an employee portal and it just got updated in there. Weirdly this is the first thing i have had from Lex since order all texts and info have come straight to me from Tesla.

Is there a thread that recommends the best charger install companies? Looks like Gen 3 charger is sold out on Tesla site.

Thats the thread mate. Loads of good experience on there. Personally I used Smart Home Charge UK and they were incredible

• Helpful
Reactions: Field Marshall
Is there a thread that recommends the best charger install companies? Looks like Gen 3 charger is sold out on Tesla site.
I used a company called EVolution, I sent them an email and Graham was out the same day to do a survey. He made some recommendations, sorted the OLEV grant application and fitted my (Hypervolt) charger earlier this week. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Just got my delivery confirmation text today. Ordered on 3rd November, delivery on 13th December, which I think is pretty fast!
When should I expect to get my VIN? and Registration plate number?
Blue/Black RWD with enhanced Autopilot.
Really pleased for you but…….NOOOOOO I’d resigned myself to a next year delivery seeing as though my order didn’t go through until the 2nd Nov - now this has given me a glimmer of hope for pre-Christmas. Not sure my mind can handle the constant refreshing of web pages! 🤪

Just called Tesla re my SR+ which was ordered on the 24th September (collection date of 27th November). Gave me my registration number and confirmed larger battery and heated rear seats / steering wheel, so I’m happy 😊
Its a company car so all done through Lex Autolease. We have an employee portal and it just got updated in there. Weirdly this is the first thing i have had from Lex since order all texts and info have come straight to me from Tesla.
Thanks . Mine is through ALD vis Tesla , and since ordering 23 October I’ve heard nothing other than the update from the sales adviser
I’ll try him again

This is something I didn’t think about; for the uk we would have more 4 season, cross season tyres? Anyone know how to find out more information about this…? Obv I know nothing about tyres :)
As much as I would like to admit UK has ‘more 4 seasons’, On several instances friends from Canada/Nordics laugh at the state of affairs when it comes to winter/snowy/icy conditions in UK. This goes to tyres as well. Yes we do get the occasional icy and snowy roads which are few and far in between that it doesn’t warrant a mixed weather or winter tyre all the time. I have always had summer tyres and have never worried about type of tyre except on one day in a year when it snows and I struggle to climb that teeny weeny little mound leading up to my house. Which usually sorted by someone on the street throwing some grit. I think AWD + Grit is usually sufficient to handle most UK cold weather.

My current car is in very good condition, no scratches or dents at all and is only 2 years old. However I will be going over my new car when I pick it up very carefully.