Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a query, I am one of the SR+ collections on the 27th. Despite the obvious of checking for whether the car has a heated steering wheel and rear seats I was wondering if any form of conformity certificate or other visual attribute would disclose the battery size, or would it be down to testing kW charge per percentage to confirm the battery size. I know it's somewhat irrelevant and would be easily confirmed when first charging the vehicle but just a thought really.

Reactions: petterware
I had a query, I am one of the SR+ collections on the 27th. Despite the obvious of checking for whether the car has a heated steering wheel and rear seats I was wondering if any form of conformity certificate or other visual attribute would disclose the battery size, or would it be down to testing kW charge per percentage to confirm the battery size. I know it's somewhat irrelevant and would be easily confirmed when first charging the vehicle but just a thought really.
We shall see once we receive our cars.

Am I right in understand … where it lists Q4 - is that for cars ordered in Q4?

I’ve ordered the 3 LR model (at beginning of Nov and via my company car scheme) and just trying to figure if there’s a chance of getting it this year. The above seems to suggest that it’s possible?

Am I right in understand … where it lists Q4 - is that for cars ordered in Q4?

I’ve ordered the 3 LR model (at beginning of Nov and via my company car scheme) and just trying to figure if there’s a chance of getting it this year. The above seems to suggest that it’s possible?
Tesla build and sell their vehicles (deliver/handover to the owner) within the same quarter for financial accounting reasons. They don’t build to order, rather they build batches of vehicles and match to orders received. Obviously the number of vehicles they produce in any one configuration will be an educated guess of demand based on historical sales, outstanding order book and future projection but it means that someone who orders a vehicle could wait several months and someone else only a couple of weeks.

There is a chance you could get delivery in Dec but more likely in Feb/March. When did you receive an RN from Tesla (that is when the order was placed on Tesla) and have you received any further updates from Tesla indicating your order has been matched?

Thanks @CJKendo, WEBAC offer more to tempt you in but real valuation is in line with Tesla trade in, so may just trade in but don’t want to further reduce at point of collection
In fairness to WBAC this depends on how well you check the car yourself before you fill in the form yourself, and also on which branch up use.
I knew I had scratches and stone chips etc all over the MX5 I sold to them and didn’t put any of them on the form as I couldn’t be bothered - they knocked off about £400 from my quote. Dealerships were trying to bring me down £1k or more. Luck of the draw on your WBAC branch I think.

I tried WBAC, Motorway, Cazoo, Halshaw Evans and Tesla. All much of a muchness but Tesla the highest. Once I accepted the trade in and sent pictures they reduced the offer by £300. It was stil in line with all the other offers but the convenience of swapping cars at collection and knowing there will be no further teeth sucking and tyre kicking made it a no brained for me.

Thanks @CJKendo, WEBAC offer more to tempt you in but real valuation is in line with Tesla trade in, so may just trade in but don’t want to further reduce at point of collection
I’ve not heard of Tesla knocking you down at handover, many people here have stated they don’t even bother looking over your car other than checking it is there. But clearly if you misrepresent then you will have a problem.

Reactions: JonP73
I’ve not heard of Tesla knocking you down, many people here have stated they don’t even bother looking over your car other than checking it is there. But clearly if you misrepresent then you will have a problem.
I've heard the same, cursory glance it's there, your documents and keys, job done.

I was sure to take more pictures than asked for (state of alloys, dint in rear) to make sure I didn't run into any issues at a later date

Reactions: MrT3
Thanks @CJKendo, WEBAC offer You more to tempt you in, then knock it down in line with Tesla trade in valuation, so I may just trade in with Tesla but down want to be knocked down further
Having sold a car to WBAC, and watched a few valuations, this is not a practice they work to. I actually got £45 ABOVE the WBAC offer. Apparently it’s value had gone up slightly since the online valuation. Car was spotless so no knock down applied. I asked what happens if the value had gone down, they said they would stick to original offer.

Where they do mark you down is to cover unreported defects. Most people don’t fill in the defect notification page in the valuation, or don’t fill it in honestly, so no wonder they get knocked down for the trashed alloys and dings. I watched a few cars get valued at our local WBAC branch to see how it’s done, and I’ve got to say it’s pretty fair. In almost all cases you wouldn’t be able to repair the defects for the value knocked off.

I've sold 2 cars thru WBAC and both were sold at the quoted price. They did try to knock down my SR+ saying there were stone chips on the front but when I rubbed out the dirt spots they recalculated back to the quoted figure of £39,000 for a one year old 14,700 miles MSM car!

I've sold 2 cars thru WBAC and both were sold at the quoted price. They did try to knock down my SR+ saying there were stone chips on the front but when I rubbed out the dirt spots they recalculated back to the quoted figure of £39,000 for a one year old 14,700 miles MSM car!
Obviously if there is nothing wrong then they cannot knock you down.

Most people that have issues with WBAC are selling them a much older vehicle (5+ years old) where it is expected there will be marks and tiny knocks, but they try and knock down the price because of them - whereas a normal dealership's trade-in price would have already factored in to the price an amount of correction required, or they would resell without correction.

Tesla build and sell their vehicles (deliver/handover to the owner) within the same quarter for financial accounting reasons. They don’t build to order, rather they build batches of vehicles and match to orders received. Obviously the number of vehicles they produce in any one configuration will be an educated guess of demand based on historical sales, outstanding order book and future projection but it means that someone who orders a vehicle could wait several months and someone else only a couple of weeks.

There is a chance you could get delivery in Dec but more likely in Feb/March. When did you receive an RN from Tesla (that is when the order was placed on Tesla) and have you received any further updates from Tesla indicating your order has been matched?

I got my RN on 9th Nov. Ordered via Autolease on 3 Nov. Then got a message yesterday telling me that my arrival date is being calculated (but it didn’t specify I’d had a car allocated like some others who have had a similar text).

Looks like the class of November 21 are getting some fast movement on their orders!

I'm wondering how things have been progressig for those of us that only have relevant updates about their order progress through the 'tricks', ie VIN in source code and schedule link. Anyone successfully receive their car yet having gone through those methods?