Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking for the last couple of weeks, finally bit the bullet on an accelerated delivery M3 LR and picked up yesterday from Newcastle. Have to say the minimal cabin a great compared to what I now think was a cluttered 4 series.
When did you place your order, I secured an accelerated delivery M3 SR+ over the weekend and wondered how long it might take, was supposedly in Glasgow, I'm collecting it from Leicester.

Actually just sent an email regarding the registrations, was told it would be done in the next few days as they are currently working on it.
I got someone based in Ireland on the phone a few mins ago. He told me that Irish registrations are left to the last minute as they only tend to take 15-20mins to do. They don't want a car sitting around in the lot and registered 😂

Mentioned to expect it today or tomorrow as I've fully paid up

Reactions: dave8089
From what was said a month ago or more, it was the US made cars and the made in China wasn't effected. I'm hoping that is the case. just trying to be positive.
Well, could be that your cars are completely unaffected and this is just them saving their arse worst case. Given your deliveries are all imminent, I would imagine this applies to everyone. Surprised they dont just send out a blanket text to all people collecting this week.

Reactions: OddityError
Well, could be that your cars are completely unaffected and this is just them saving their arse worst case. Given your deliveries are all imminent, I would imagine this applies to everyone. Surprised they dont just send out a blanket text to all people collecting this week.
That said, could only apply to SR+ cars. Might be thinking you have your heated seats and now we take away your USB-C's.

Ah man, I hope my car has the Wireless Charging I don't want to faff about bringing it back in the future incase the retrofit isn't "clean" and looks botched.
That would be my concern. That said, I dont see it being a bodge - the holes are already there, just need the cables pulled through.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-12-at-7.37.59-PM-e1636774739573.png

Its the wireless charging gone missing that's getting to me. I can deal without the USB C hub for a few weeks no problem. The Irish cars arent set to arrive in Country until Saturday now, I was told there was a shipping delay of a day so I guess we wont hear until Saturday at the earliest

From what was said a month ago or more, it was the US made cars and the made in China wasn't effected. I'm hoping that is the case. just trying to be positive.
I just got delivery this morning. I haven't checked the USB ports but I put my phone on the wireless charger and it charged. 5 Minutes later I got that the same SMS.

Busy morning at work, haven't spent 5 minutes in it. I'll post some pics later. Yay!

Just spoke to CS - He said it doesnt look like my vehicle is impacted hence why I dont have a text. He did say there is still a possibility that it doesnt work but he said the retro fit part is very straight forward, something about pulling some cables through and adding chip (assume not the potato kind) - long and short is that he said you will see no difference to how it looks.

So I really wouldnt worry.

Reactions: JacobZuma
Its the wireless charging gone missing that's getting to me. I can deal without the USB C hub for a few weeks no problem. The Irish cars arent set to arrive in Country until Saturday now, I was told there was a shipping delay of a day so I guess we wont hear until Saturday at the earliest

They mustn't come from Zeebrugge at all so (below are the arrivals into Dublin from Zeebrugge)... no point watching these ships so 😂

1638794858748.png

• Funny
Reactions: Bandito
Collection day for me tomorrow too - 10.30 at the Trafford Centre - yay!

Flurry of activity from Tesla this morning....

First off a courtesy call from CS confirming the delivery was still on and did I have any questions .....

They couldn't answer 100% the one question I did have about Tesla details to put into the website for my VED refund 😁😛

They were very helpful otherwise and told me the car wasn't on site yet but would be and fully prepped for collection.

TC superchargers (at time of conversation) were not active but advised my car has 50% charge

Also confirmed my bank details had been checked and ok for the cash back from the trade in. Also all trade in cars are transported out daily to BCA for sale.

5 mins after had an email confirming bank details were good and all go for delivery.

Then have "the USB" text which I'm not that fussed either way

So all in all super excited. Drive home from work this afternoon, back to TC tomorrow then home in my #teamblack M3 - yay!!