Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't bother with 2022.40 and jumped to 2022.44.2 from 2022.36.x. As others have reported, new language support showing in app release notes, but in car release notes it has the Sentry Mode improvements listed.

View attachment 882012

And for those curious on what the Sentry mode options look like:

View attachment 882013

Confirmed Camera-Based detection is defaulted to off.

On a side note, has the missing speed limits been fixed with the latest navigation pack and 2022.44.2? While I don't have any motorway drives coming up I'm reluctant to update the navigation pack until this issue has been fixed.
Surprised it defaults to off, because that is a change in behaviour and would mean that people will suddenly find door dings, etc not captured.

Thanks for the heads up.

.44 was the Christmas update last year, which came in two main parts:

2021.44 at the beginning of December: 2021.44 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

2021.44.25 the week of Christmas: 2021.44.25 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

44.25 contained the majority of the fluff: toys, games etc.

If last year sets a precedent we could see a few revisions containing new features in 2022.44.

Personally, I'm expecting Apple Music, Zoom, Dolby Atmos support, RTA, View internal cabin camera, remote farting by end of month. We may possibly get a revised smart summon too.

I'd happily skip all of the above so that new owners can have a viable alternative to the ultra sonic sensors.
Not alot to get excited about

A pretty crap list of updates tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
have they actually specified a power saving for these sentry modes? I don't really have an issue with sentry other than flashing the lights at on-coming cars if you are parked on the road. The issue I have is the battery drain on an SR+. If turning off the camera detection also allows the main computer to sleep untill an alarm event then I may consider using it more.

Reactions: MrBadger
have they actually specified a power saving for these sentry modes? I don't really have an issue with sentry other than flashing the lights at on-coming cars if you are parked on the road. The issue I have is the battery drain on an SR+. If turning off the camera detection also allows the main computer to sleep untill an alarm event then I may consider using it more.
My uneducated guess would be yes, since it's not using cameras, the car can fully go to sleep. Only the alarm will wake it up and then allow video recording... So you'll most likely get footage of a thief breaking a window but not someone keying your car. At least it's a small improvement from the 'everything or nothing at all' previously.

My uneducated guess would be yes, since it's not using cameras, the car can fully go to sleep. Only the alarm will wake it up and then allow video recording... So you'll most likely get footage of a thief breaking a window but not someone keying your car. At least it's a small improvement from the 'everything or nothing at all' previously.
Word on the grapevine (Facebook) is that the cameras are still on and running if Sentry is on, they just don't form the basis of "events". If that is true, and there is no material gain - other than perhaps not coming back to the car with 15 odd spurious events of people walking near the car - then I don't see what the gain is myself. I guess we'll see in the fullness of time.

I definitely don't like the fact it changed the default behaviour though, thanks for the heads up @Rirawin

Is this the Christmas software update then? Not much to it if it is. I thought they normally did something a bit extra for Christmas? Is there going to be a 2022.48 or something?

Just to add to the below, all the evidence is that the majority of the Xmas/Holiday release actually goes out with an earlier release (quite possibly the one being pushed out right now) but holiday functionality is then disabled until the 'big reveal'. This allows a larger release to be pushed over a longer period of time, leaving a much smaller update for the concentrated en-mass reveal. Though please don't take this as it will be a quick download that you can squeeze in before nipping off to the relatives on xmas day - from experience, it doesn't work like that and it will be stuck on 99% just as you are wanting to go out the front door!

Also as hinted below, its not unusual for the release to be quickly followed by several updates over the next few days, so might be one to watch for the fallout if you might need the car over the holiday period - we had a broken install over one xmas period that took several days to contact Tesla to fix although thankfully we could still drive. As a result of that, and a result of feedback on the day, I have skipped the last couple of xmas releases.

.44 was the Christmas update last year, which came in two main parts:

2021.44 at the beginning of December: 2021.44 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

2021.44.25 the week of Christmas: 2021.44.25 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

44.25 contained the majority of the fluff: toys, games etc.

If last year sets a precedent we could see a few revisions containing new features in 2022.44.

Personally, I'm expecting Apple Music, Zoom, Dolby Atmos support, RTA, View internal cabin camera, remote farting by end of month. We may possibly get a revised smart summon too.

I'd happily skip all of the above so that new owners can have a viable alternative to the ultra sonic sensors.

Reactions: pault1981
Forecast for this year seems more promising to me, if half of them happen it brings together lots of lose ends.

What is there to be excited about? Twitter app in the car? Dolby Atmos? meh... Apple Music.. ok...

From that list, the only (unlikely) item I would actually love is Alexa, given how crappy the voice commands recognition and text dictation currently is, or at the very least, the ability to trigger Siri on my phone from the steering wheel buttons.
I don't understand why some automakers including Tesla keep trying to develop sh*tty voice recognition alternatives (looking at you Mercedes, Audi, etc) with a very limited set of commands which can barely do what you ask maybe 20% of the time, rather that integrate a proven solution from Amazon/Google with much better results.

Long story short it seems that this year, if you're not in North America and can expect FSD v11, you don't have much to be excited about...

Reactions: H43lio
What is there to be excited about? Twitter app in the car? Dolby Atmos? meh... Apple Music.. ok...

From that list, the only (unlikely) item I would actually love is Alexa, given how crappy the voice commands recognition and text dictation currently is, or at the very least, the ability to trigger Siri on my phone from the steering wheel buttons.
I don't understand why some automakers including Tesla keep trying to develop sh*tty voice recognition alternatives (looking at you Mercedes, Audi, etc) with a very limited set of commands which can barely do what you ask maybe 20% of the time, rather that integrate a proven solution from Amazon/Google with much better results.

Long story short it seems that this year, if you're not in North America and can expect FSD v11, you don't have much to be excited about...
Surely remote view of the interior camera could be quite entertaining...

But on a serious note, it says it should be bringing the parts of FSDb that detects surrounding traffic and road layouts to highway autopilot if I read it right. Surely that means we'll get proper next gen reading of the environment and a load of small stupid issues like phantom braking etc will be hopefully addressed? I grant you it's not a new feature as such, and we won't be getting city streets, but it should be a major lead forward in performance, or I recon we're doomed forever. I also think its the stepping stone to adaptive headlights etc. and USS will also be addressed (whatever that means). I've also had my fill of fart noises and reindeers, I want something tangible thats linked to driving the car..

When did the new icon appear to warn of reduced regen?

04AC329D-90F9-445D-A753-4ADDCB10A9B6.jpeg

I don’t want to be argumentative but I don’t want Amazon or Google anywhere near our cars. Enough spyware in my life as it is…