Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get yourself a homekit/Alexa/google compatible garage door adapter and you can just say open garage door into your phone.

Not everyone has the ability to dictate how their garage doors/gates are controlled.

2 out of the 3 devices that I would have liked HomeLink to work are outside our control, none of the 3 work, of which I could fix one if I wanted by wiring a HomeLink compatible switch in parallel. One of the 3 actually does work first go, but then fails as, in this case, HomeLink does not support the rolling codes that are being used by that opener.

Unfortunately the HomeLink implementation in the Tesla when it works is probably really nice. Even though some of our devices are non functional, a couple are still programmed in, so we get teased by the car when we pull up and offered an auto open. Shame it didn't work for us but at least it didn't cost anything apart from a bit of time to find out otherwise.

First play with Apple Music today, was pleased to see that music manually uploaded to iTunes was available in the car even though it didn't exist in Apple Music directly.

Less happy that folders for Playlists don't exist and they all lay flat under the 'Playlists' tab, I have a lot of old 'Car Music' playlists for each year dating back to 2008 which are in a folder so there's a bit of a hassle scrolling past them all. Also played a playlist and after getting out the car and getting back in the track resumed but the next one was stuck on a spinning wheel until I manually forwarded it to the next track. Apple Music also seemed to automatically start a radio station once the playlist had completed with similar music, I find these a bit hit and miss.

Overall though glad to have Apple Music in the car!

Is it just me or is there more info being displayed in the fsd visualisation area when driving?

It seems that you can now zoom out and spin around the car so you can see what it “sees”. I’m positive this was not previously possible as I’m sure I had tried in the past after seeing this functionality on some videos of those using fsd beta in North America.

To clarify I only have eap but the ability to zoom out and “look around” is available without auto steer enabled and also when enabled.

Also seems like it is detecting the edge of give ways etc by showing a grey line where it thinks the car should stop, I don’t remember this being there when I picked the car up in Sept.

I haven't really noticed any difference with the auto indicators, I still have to cancel them manually except corners which worked most of the time anyway. I'd expect at least overtaking to work automatically, but it doesn't seem to.
Are you doing a full engagement of the indicator or just to the soft stop? I think it only works when you do the half engagement not if you fully depress the indicator stalk.

I am finding since I enabled auto indicators, that I'm ending up with my indicators stuck on loads of the time. I'm not sure if i'm instinctively trying to cancel them after they have auto cancelled or what, its really annoying. More testing needed I guess to figure out what i'm doing.

Also, when did auto wipers become mandatory with FSD? My god its annoying when the screen is a little smeared up and my wiper fluid is frozen but the wipers want to try and grind across the screen :rolleyes:

Reactions: boombap
I found the auto indicator cancellation worked really well for me although it took me a while to adjust because I was used to manually cancelling when changing lanes causing the indicators to flip the other way and getting me a bit annoyed. In the end I just delayed manually cancelling and the car cancelled for me. Worked well on dual carriageways and slip roads.
It doesn't always self-cancel on roundabouts depending on the turn angle - no different to most other cars I've driven.

Today I tried NOA, going oneway on the motorway and it didn't nag me to move into next lane because of the cones. Great I thought, but on the way back it was back to wanting to change lanes. It panicked when the lane was diverted and I had to go back to full manual.

Auto-wipers have definitely gone mental in this release. Went out for a drive in drizzle this evening and they were going like the clappers. They’ve gone from being a tad under-responsive in the previous release to way over-sensitive in this one.