Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in my opinion auto main beam still isn’t what I’d call “great” or even acceptable given the value of the car, but it’s not so bad anymore where it’s an actual liability and inconceivably bad for a technology that exists in a car built after 2010. It’s passable enough that I don’t mind it being forced on now.

It still turns off and on a bit too slow for my liking, but it is broadly in keeping with other vehicles I encounter now, and crucially it isn’t annoying people to the point that they are flashing me for being an inconsiderate 🔔 end.

The biggest improvement I’ve noticed is that it now sees vehicles from behind a decent distance away, a good 1/4 mile at least, so it’s not blinding them.

Turning off at chevrons and coming on in the centre of towns and villages continues to be annoying, though.

Reactions: Simavon
in my opinion auto main beam still isn’t what I’d call “great” or even acceptable given the value of the car, but it’s not so bad anymore where it’s an actual liability and inconceivably bad for a technology that exists in a car built after 2010. It’s passable enough that I don’t mind it being forced on now.

It still turns off and on a bit too slow for my liking, but it is broadly in keeping with other vehicles I encounter now, and crucially it isn’t annoying people to the point that they are flashing me for being an inconsiderate 🔔 end.

The biggest improvement I’ve noticed is that it now sees vehicles from behind a decent distance away, a good 1/4 mile at least, so it’s not blinding them.

Turning off at chevrons and coming on in the centre of towns and villages continues to be annoying, though.
"Great" will be the activation of the matrix

Reactions: M1tch and Cardo
The way I see it, now that vehicle recognition for AHB is largely solved, it should be a trivial exercise to translate that to matrix pixels to deactivate and, subsequently, throw an AI at it for per car fine-tuning

Just in time for the Christmas release ;-)
I think once the single stack AP arrives and they have the engine that identifies every car, person and wheelie bin around you with decent accuracy and in real time, I think they’ll have all the building blocks to do it. How quickly they do is another matter, but I’d prefer this and wait longer for city streets driving.

I had the 44.25.3 release last night, and went for a long ish drive this morning. Wipers seem to be ok, for now. Less skittish that's for sure.... What was a problem was the lane change warning. I indicated, and changed lanes, and the car started beeping and trying to put me back in the lane - no other cars around. Conversely, when I did change lane without indicating, not a peep from the car.

On a less serious note, I'm glad Apple Music has radio, but I wish it would show was currently on the stations instead of a static image, and being able to access previous radio shows a bit easier wouldn't go amiss. The .3 update made AM feel quicker though. Might be imagining it.

Do the Tesla lights use 1.3 million pixels? (That's the Audi spec in the video ... I know nothing about such things ...)
Having just come from Audi Q8 with matrix - they are great lights but only certain RS/Etrons do the full light show. From what I can see of the Tesla lights on mine I think they are not far off what the Q8 ones could do in terms of real world opposed to party tricks

Having just come from Audi Q8 with matrix - they are great lights but only certain RS/Etrons do the full light show. From what I can see of the Tesla lights on mine I think they are not far off what the Q8 ones could do in terms of real world opposed to party tricks
Given that Tesla lights aren’t even matrix yet I don’t see how you can even begin to compare the two. Even after the latest updates, which have after more than three years finally improved AHB on my M3, the matrix lights on my A6 are still in a different league. Tesla have still got a long way to go before they get even close.

Tesla are the manufacturer of party tricks, which they seem to prioritise over real world meaningful improvements to their cars.