Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your EDD has behaved exactly the same as my MYLR, I’m just showing May now. Ordered late Feb
Perhaps we who have moved from May/June to August /September have a realistic EDD. Those with May or May/June are maybe still in with a chance.
I'm a glass half full kindovaguy but not for long if it's half full with Guinness:D then I'm a this needs filling guy.

I don't think I ever got issued a vin when I bought mine. I just got sent the registration number a few weeks before I collected the car.
Just out of interest why does it get requested so often, is it just so you have certainty that a car is allocated to you?

Reactions: JOL1
A

A lot depends on car spec too. Just picture your May EDD as having no EDD. When it finally changes you’d then expect it to be more accurate as they will be back up to full production. Only 9 days to wait. I’m sure they’ll change to something else by June 1st. . As the system probably doesn’t allow an EDD in the past.
Yea. Not long to wait. Appreciate spec makes a difference but I’ve seen at least one other order on here with identical spec ordered 2 months later than us and has one of these short window June dates. Something just isn’t right with that imho.

Roll on June 1st.

I don't think I ever got issued a vin when I bought mine. I just got sent the registration number a few weeks before I collected the car.
Just out of interest why does it get requested so often, is it just so you have certainty that a car is allocated to you
it confirms the actual car you are receiving

Attachments

• 659050C5-01B2-4FCB-A1F1-6C610CABC038.jpeg
    659050C5-01B2-4FCB-A1F1-6C610CABC038.jpeg
    587.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Zeit93 and Stusla
Glovis should arrive in Koper on the 1st or 2nd of June according to Mr M. There should be some VIN allocations this week(Doubt any UK though).

If VIN allocations start after the ships cross Suez, when do they start seeing them in the source code?

So the EDD for my INVENTORY car, you know the one they are supposed to have in stock here in England, has just changed from June 19-30th to Jan - March 2023!
View attachment 807479

What the hell is going on :oops:.

I'll have to call them tomorrow but these EDDs honestly feels like a complete clusterf##k. :confused:
Probably downloading the update for the recall and it’s jumping between 2 mins to completion and 10 months. Have they tried rebooting the router? 😄

My EDD moved forward 1 day today from the 19th to the 18th June - 30th June - Has any one else had a change of EDD today?

MYLR / MGM / Induction / Black / EDD June 19th 18th - June 30th Ordered 15/3 Manchester - Trafford 🤞

My EDD moved forward 1 day today from the 19th to the 18th June - 30th June - Has any one else had a change of EDD today?

MYLR / MGM / Induction / Black / EDD June 19th 18th - June 30th Ordered 15/3 Manchester - Trafford 🤞

Quite the opposite, my EDD was 21st-30th for weeks and yesterday vanished completely. Still hasn't come back; I hope it's actually a sign of allocation rather than another bump.

I may have got this wrong from previous posts but I thought VIN’s got issued before Suez and delivery slots after Suez?

It is not as defined as that. Comments about allocation of VINS and Suez are more related to Vins being allocated and "discoverable" when cars are on their ship journey and for some that is mid way on journey (hence Suez references which personally I think is BS) so take it with a grain of salt. By way of example in my own case Ithese are the Tesla communications (all happens within last month to delivery)

1. 18th Feb - sms "a car has been allocated, your vehicle arrival date is being calculated and we will be in touch to make arrangements about a delivery date".
  2. 8th March SMS - "Your car is ready to be scheduled for delivery, please select preferred date and time " included a link with three dates (March 24,25,26)"
  3. 18th March SMS - advising licence plate registration and the VIN (note this was first communication by Tesla that mentioned a VIN (even though it was discoverable in source code for weeks before and in truth gave me confidence about. a car actually being matched to me. I think the give it as it is sometimes needed for the purchaser to arrange insurance/registration
  4. 25th March - collected
I am not saying everything follows the same pattern but it gives some insights about the infamous VINS. I suggest that you forget about Suez and expect Tesla to mention VIN only when it has a relevance. Of course you will be able to keep checking for VIN before Tesla advises it!