Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats terrible instruction in my opinion. How can it be pointless to alert other drivers to your intention?

And when does a mini become a large? That just creates ambiguity. What about medium sized roundabouts? What about small roundabouts? What about big roundabouts, pretty big, but not large?
You might want to have a recap on roadsigns. Roundabouts and mini roundabouts are quite well defined.

Mini roundabout:
1705077913247.png

”Regular” roundabout:
1705077954975.jpeg

I posted a few days back that I had an issue where my driver’s mirror would tilt outwards but not upwards to the correct position when setting my profile. Selecting my profile manually would move the mirror into the correct position. This was fixed with the Christmas update, however the issue has unfortunately reappeared over the past couple of days. In my case, I‘m convinced this is not a hardware issue as it is 100% reproducible and selecting the profile manually always puts the mirror in the correct position. I’ll try a reboot and see if it fixes it, again…
So shortly after posting the above about my recurring mirror moving issue I received the 2023.44.30.8 update and since then the mirror has been behaving itself. We’ll see how long it lasts, this time…

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

You might want to have a recap on roadsigns. Roundabouts and mini roundabouts are quite well defined.

Mini roundabout:
View attachment 1008316

”Regular” roundabout:
View attachment 1008317

There is the above and also the practical approach to driving which is to assume everyone is an idiot.

If someone is on my right at a mini roundabout and they were signalling left (E.g. to go down the road I am on), I still wouldn’t pull out until they actually had started to leave the roundabout.

If you assume everyone is an idiot, you tend to have a lot less near misses and collisions.

There is the above and also the practical approach to driving which is to assume everyone is an idiot.

If someone is on my right at a mini roundabout and they were signalling left (E.g. to go down the road I am on), I still wouldn’t pull out until they actually had started to leave the roundabout.

If you assume everyone is an idiot, you tend to have a lot less near misses and collisions.
Indeed. Always drive defensively. A skill I learned by learning to ride a motorcycle first. It’s saved me multiple times.

Got .8 on yesterday. It's nagging far more to look at road and keep my hands on wheel. Never had an issue before now. Quite annoying, it's way too sensitive.
I indicate exiting a mini-roundabout, like you should.

It does happen and should happen moreso arguably given the shorter judgement timeframe of others nearby.
Yes I also do this, it's still easy to do when you have indicator stalks.

Same here & "hope for the best, plan for the worst" has always served me well (including buying or owning a Tesla)

There’s a mini roundabout I normally use many times every day which is at the end of a High Street. It’s not unusual for somebody to use the roundabout to go back into the High Street from where they had just come.

If a car just turns right then it’s really very helpful that they indicate they’re leaving the roundabout and equally annoying if they don’t bother. It can make the difference to whether you get the chance to drive onto the roundabout yourself. I don’t suppose it’s unique in the UK either.

Mini roundabouts are usually things you can indicate on approach and everyone else can see your intentions from that. If there’s time I’ll indicate when coming off them too, but given how small they are you’re quite often pointed at the exit (or entering it) by the time you’ve passed the penultimate exit.

It goes for all types, but indicating to leave too early might lead someone at the penultimate exit to assume you’re coming off and enter in front of you or a pedestrian at your exit to start crossing. It’s all just common sense and determined by the situation.

If everyone is driving defensively, then not indicating when to do so could give a confusing message due to the layout is the better option, as it makes people wait to see what you do before moving. But if everyone on the road is an idiot (and they are, including me), they probably aren’t driving defensively.

But all of that makes it too complicated for Elon so we get fiddly buttons on the wheel and an Autopilot that can’t account for its own idiocy.