Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree with this, the wipers have never been great but this last update has made them worse, something I thought impossible. Yeah, you can manually override by pressing the button stalk but it's far from ideal. Borderline dangerous IMO, can see this being the case of the odd accident, hopefully non too serious.
Glad it’s not just me. Wipers are atrocious for me in 2024.2.3. They’ve generally be ok previously, although I’ve been sympathetic to those that have had problems, but it is utter trash on my car currently.

Glad it’s not just me. Wipers are atrocious for me in 2024.2.3. They’ve generally be ok previously, although I’ve been sympathetic to those that have had problems, but it is utter trash on my car currently.

Same. I've been fortunate not to have real problems with the wipers in the past. But I got 2024.2.3, went out in the rain, and they would just not work. I had to use the manual settings. Waiting to see what happens with the next update.

Are most on the 2024 software now? I’m still on the last of the 2023, not been offered an update for weeks. I made the mistake of the 2 fingered salute yesterday to see if it would trigger a download, it didn’t. However it clearly reset something, it’s ruined what was an acceptable TACS AS, now constantly nagging regardless of what I do with the steering. Never took my hands off, but like clockwork it nagged and no matter how much wiggling it wouldn’t have it. Pulled so hard it kept disengaging. Had to turn it off in the end, it was getting tedious and dangerous. Not seen it mentioned recently, so hopefully it’s sorted in the 24 version?

2.4 is a lot better for me. I use AP on A roads all the time, and had no nags at all on my last drive. Maybe you should give Tesla a call, and get them to push an update,

I think it’s strange that you are on 2023 software, I’ve had several updates this year.

Are most on the 2024 software now? I’m still on the last of the 2023, ....
Curiously just last night I got an update from 30.9 up to 2023.44.30.14

NotATeslaApp was showing that at about 1% yesterday and now up to 7% today. I presume there will be little difference when I get to drive it.

FYI the same reports that 2024.2 is about 35% of their fleet

Same here. Got it downloading the evening I took delivery of my M3H and have been on it since.

I don't think the 2024.2 brigade is as big as we think though... though having an M3H I'll happily receive it so I can have my adaptive headlights.
And Ultra Wide Band key. You need to upgrade to it as it’s not automatic but should be both more secure and more accurate.

And Ultra Wide Band key. You need to upgrade to it as it’s not automatic but should be both more secure and more accurate.
Only iPhone at present I believe... and I am a Pixel user. Couldn't have picked a worse time to swap from iOS to Android... 2 months before ordering a M3 🤦🏻‍♂️

The Tesla App on android also doesn't have Shortcuts support :(

• Helpful
Reactions: FastLaneJB
UWB is on a bunch of android phones including pixels & all the modern samsungs.

Not sure it gains you much though.. BT is pretty secure.
I am aware the UWB is present on Android phones, but (from what I have read) at this point the support is only being added to the iOS app. Tesla's feature parity across the app's is quite poor when you look into it.

On the smartphone front, iPhone models from the 11 onwards include UWB support, with initial Tesla UWB support focusing on iPhones, though Android devices with UWB are expected to follow.

I am aware the UWB is present on Android phones, but (from what I have read) at this point the support is only being added to the iOS app. Tesla's feature parity across the app's is quite poor when you look into it.

Musky must have an iPhone because that's how things are prioritised

Reactions: Oxid8ter
My wipers have been very good for the last 3 year. Lately they seem to be coming on slower than normal. I'm still on 2023.44.30.9, but I'm sure they got worse on the previous update. I've been on holiday so can't say exactly when they got worse, but certainly pre-2024.2.3 since I don't have that yet :)

First drive in significant rain with 2024.2.3 and wipers worse than they've ever been for me, they've always been underwhelming but never had to use the manual button as much.

Reactions: HOD2 and Durzel