Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is actually some hope for FSD in the UK after the UNECE committee brought forward ADAS unexpectedly to an earlier agenda and UK gov is just about to finish with the Self Driving Bill in House of Lords before originating House of Commons get their procedural say. So two approaches coming, the former potentially as early as January 2025 the latter later around end of 2026.

2024.2.6 has anyone else noticed the map auto zoom not working as it used to, ie not zooming in at lower speeds? Mine seems to be zoomed right out all the time. Pinching to zoom in works, and it will stay in place but if I press the recentre button at the top left it zooms back out.

There is actually some hope for FSD in the UK after the UNECE committee brought forward ADAS unexpectedly to an earlier agenda and UK gov is just about to finish with the Self Driving Bill in House of Lords before originating House of Commons get their procedural say. So two approaches coming, the former potentially as early as January 2025 the latter later around end of 2026.
I don’t mean that. I mean at the rate of progress vs degradation of the Tesla software, the car itself will be incapable of doing much more than it can do at the moment - which is far worse than a couple of years ago.

Yes, agree with that, you can literally sense the US-only focus of Tesla these last couple of years to the detriment of non-US driving regions. That has to change to focus on countries outside US before any improvement will be seen. Though it may well be that by the end of this month FSD v12 will get its wide release to US+Canada for refinement in time for our legislation and expansion of their neural training compute capacity.

.7 bugfix release starting to show up. Maybe related to some of the issues people are seeing?

Must admit that I have missed much of this thread, as my M3P refuses to go past 2023.44.30.14, but when I jumped into the wife’s car (which is on 2024.2.3) I noticed they have changed the font on the PIN to drive numbers screen to a lighter one. Sorry if this has been mentioned, but it’s obviously *really* important…

What possible reason would there be for that change?

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0552.jpeg
    IMG_0552.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 6
Did a 300-mile round trip yesterday, large part of which was in the P!$$ing rain. I thought the wipers were really improved to the point where I didn't have to intervene at all. I had to stop and charge on the way home, for some reason after this they weren't as good, not as bad as previous software updates but a definite drop off in performance compared to earlier in the trip.

I'm still getting the LD messages regularly.

Updated yesterday and headed off for a 100 mile return journey, on the way there TACC/Auto Steering was flawless (I find it usually is for me) on the way home it tried to steer me off the dual carriageway on numerous occasions when going by slip roads and then the final treat was it trying to dive into the central reservation when I was in lane three, don’t know what they have done with the updates but they seem to have royally screwed it.

2024.2.6 has anyone else noticed the map auto zoom not working as it used to, ie not zooming in at lower speeds? Mine seems to be zoomed right out all the time. Pinching to zoom in works, and it will stay in place but if I press the recentre button at the top left it zooms back out.
Had just the same experience yesterday. Kept waiting for the map to zoom back in but it never did.

Reactions: asl3312
I think the UNECE vote is in March 2024, which could potentially allow level 2 FSDBeta from September 2024. The 2026 date is for level 3+ rules in UNECE regions.

Separately for UK regulation, I understood it that when passed it is up to UK government to grant permissions, which could be any time after legislation is passed, which could be in this session of parliament.

The cynic in me would think that the consertvatives may want to grant permissions in advance of potential general election loss in hope of gaining jobs when they loose their seats/power.

irrespective, things may move later this year.

What possible reason would there be for that change?

To make it harder for someone to see your PIN?

Because the young interns are running the asylum again?

(Actually, Tesla deserves credit for fixing a bunch of rough edges in the last few months. In the list of USB songs, tapping a letter in the side index actually jumps to the right song, not just approximately. Pressing on the driving visualization no longer shows a weird-zoomed out view. Problem conditions give more useful information. Alerts link to details in the Owner's Manual. ...)

(In RHD cars, is the song index on the left side, near the edge of the screen where it's much easier to make a controlled tap in a moving car?)

Maybe starting the car with the app is the more secure option.

Since the order of the numbers still don't change, just the positioning of the key presses is a good clue to anyone watching. I know the position of the window changes.

I don't understand why they haven't implemented a delay, after say 5 pin guesses, of 10 seconds between guesses.

They could give an option to enable reshuffling of the numbers on screen.

But it's good to see they are now considering this threat with this update.

150 mile trip and visualisatioms failed numerous times. EAP gave me a couple of phantom brakes thanks to cars in the lane to the left of me, they weren't close to the line.

Gave up when it refused to move lane on an indication, for the second time, no idea what was stopping it as there was plenty of room all around. I'm sure there was a red vehicle somewhere but I was paying attention to driving so god knows.

Wipers still a pile of crap, they were fairly reasonable in daylight hours but not today.

150 mile trip and visualisatioms failed numerous times. EAP gave me a couple of phantom brakes thanks to cars in the lane to the left of me, they weren't close to the line.

Gave up when it refused to move lane on an indication, for the second time, no idea what was stopping it as there was plenty of room all around. I'm sure there was a red vehicle somewhere but I was paying attention to driving so god knows.

Wipers still a pile of crap, they were fairly reasonable in daylight hours but not today.
Make sure we raise it as a service request. It’s the only way to alert Tesla and get it fixed. If everyone reports it then it should get fixed quickly. That being said, it is Tesla, so multiple failures of the FSD computer may be within spec or we ‘should just await for the next update’.

Make sure we raise it as a service request. It’s the only way to alert Tesla and get it fixed. If everyone reports it then it should get fixed quickly. That being said, it is Tesla, so multiple failures of the FSD computer may be within spec or we ‘should just await for the next update’.
Yes, I think I will raise a service request for both the Lane Departure and the visualisations.

Have to say, with mine at least, the Lane Departure warnings are exclusively at night, and given the system is really there to save people who are tired drifting off the road that really is a big safety fail IMO.