Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s quite appalling to find how many aspects of a car that I’ve owned for almost 4 years, no longer work consistently or flawlessly. Particularly when some of those aspects used to perform well.

One has to wonder how, serving so many changes in vehicle architecture, software updates or parts thereof, are compatible across models.
Same:

1 Lane change
2 General autopilot without savage braking or hesitations
3 Summon
4 Auto-park

Not a lot of automatics left!

Reactions: Dilly
It’s quite appalling to find how many aspects of a car that I’ve owned for almost 4 years, no longer work consistently or flawlessly. Particularly when some of those aspects used to perform well.

One has to wonder how, serving so many changes in vehicle architecture, software updates or parts thereof, are compatible across models.
Maybe the latest updates are more compatible with newer models without EAP or FSD as my experience is very different to this.

I do get the random 'blocked/blinded..' 'lane departure..' etc messages but seemingly the car performs without being affected so maybe they are just there to pacify US regulators following the NHTSA ruling? Dare I say that so far this year, my car has been very consistent and basically flawless (wipers & 'warnings' aside).

I was on 2024.2.6 for my trip today and had zero LD warnings, I used FSD, EAP, for a good chunk of my drive along the M27 and it worked okay while there wasn't much traffic.

The trip down on Monday had some visualisation dropouts, didn't notice any today but was paying attention to the road as it was fairly busy.

Just installed 2024.2.7 so who knows what that will do!

2021 MIC M3LR.

Installed 2024.2.7 and yesterday on the way back I had issue with the cameras feed for 15/20 seconds.
M3 LR 2020.
Anyone else?

Attachments

• 20240223_172640.jpg
    20240223_172640.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240223_172641.jpg
    20240223_172641.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240223_172642.jpg
    20240223_172642.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240223_172643.jpg
    20240223_172643.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 9
Are others able to use AP even when getting LDW? I’d understand if you didn’t want to try, I only did for a shortish bit of quiet dual carriageway but it worked

I get the feeling they could fix the LDW issue if they were bothered to try
Yes it's working, keep the lane and let you change the lane. If the message is on the screen and you drift to the next lane... no alert.
If no message and drift to next lane(Ap/FSD off), the car scream to "take control immediately "

If you were stopped, why is the position of the white lines changing between photos? Don’t forget the buildings mysteriously moving along while you’re claiming to be stationary, and the magical drain cover that appears, and then disappears.
Think whatever you want.
Whatever happened was safe, and that's what matter for me.
If we are in court, I have witness too😇

• Disagree
Reactions: Cardo
Mod comment : I think enough has now been said on whether the way the pictures were taken was appropriate or not. Those with the concern have made their point, personally I think the law is pretty clear but I wasn’t there, and irrespective continuing to bounce it back and forth is unlikely to change anyone’s opinion and we can very quickly spend more time talking about that than the actual subject of the thread.

Time to get back on topic please

I had EAP active this morning heading south on A grade dual carriageway with a complete AutoSteer and AutoPilot emergency take-over abort. However, think that was due to condensation on bother repeater camera inside glass and the front camera cluster being dazzled by sunshine on raindrops. It came back around 25 seconds later.

Just adding my experiences to this thread. Model 3 (Highland) - Since updating to 2024.2.6 I've had repeated AP crashes - and by my testing almost always at a specific roundabouts in my local area seems to trigger it. I note I'm not using AP at all during this but it feels like the AP computer is crashing (but I'm a newbie so bare with)

The Navigation freezes (as in my local is no longer updated), Visualisations disappear and I get all the user warnings (UI_a114 - visualisation degraded, UI_a186 Lane Depart avoidance unavailable and VCFRONT_a004 Adaptive High Mean is unavailable). It usually recovers within a couple of minutes - however after multiple failures it doesn't seem to recover at all (until I park up, then I get the Sentry mode failure push notification after a few minutes, then the car sleeps and works again after that until the next roundabout on my journey lol).

I noticed that during the initial crashes, the cameras all go "black" - and within 30 seconds they recover, then a few minutes later the Visualisations recover.

Not saying its 100% software related, I opened a Service ticket incase I'm unlucky and something has broken already - but when I look at when this all started it was the first drive after 2024.2.6 installed and I had zero issues before then.

Reactions: JIBYC
2024.2.6 seems to have a lot of bugs. I’ve charged for nearly four years without issue. Since updating, I’ve now had 3 occasions where the charge stops and starts several times and then settles down. Never had it before.

Interestingly, 2024.2.7 is pretty USA centric with not many cars outside being updated. That’s unusual. Unless of course FSD V12 beta is on the back of this.

I’m usually sent updates pretty early on. I’ve not had a sniff of this one.

My car goes in tomorrow to have work on the cameras to stop LDW errors. They are also looking to cure the erratic wipers!