Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before auto wipers came along, cars had three steps that I remember. Intermittent, slow and fast wiping. That’s all you really need for manual controls and you can switch between these with the steering wheel controls.

Of course we shouldn’t have to do this if it had good auto wipers but it does make it less inconvenient than reaching for the touch screen.
Yes but I tend to use voice control rather than the screen whenever I can & "set wipers to intermittent" just results in either a slow or fast wipe. Even saying "set wipers to Auto" normally has the same result when it is barely spitting.

Auto wipers choosing intermittent this week in quite heavy rain then makes complete sense on the basis of all that.

(I prefer the fan speed option on the LH scroll wheel)

Before auto wipers came along, cars had three steps that I remember. Intermittent, slow and fast wiping. That’s all you really need for manual controls and you can switch between these with the steering wheel controls.

Of course we shouldn’t have to do this if it had good auto wipers but it does make it less inconvenient than reaching for the touch screen.

Adjustable intermittent wipers are pretty common; my previous car had them and I could usually get the speed just right

Has anyone actually seen the "reminder to plug in at home"?
We've got two Model 3s, both with home set and both are currently below 50% of the set charge limit but we've not received notifications for either.
One is on 2.6 and the other on 2.8.

Has anyone actually seen the "reminder to plug in at home"?
We've got two Model 3s, both with home set and both are currently below 50% of the set charge limit but we've not received notifications for either.
One is on 2.6 and the other on 2.8.
Yeah I got one at the weekend after arriving back home with 40%
1709550841659.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dangerous Fish
Something I don't recall seeing before happened several times on the M6 today (or maybe I've I missed it from a previous update, I've been on .8 for the past week).

With my car passing in lane three, if a lorry from lane one started to move into lane two (& behind another vehicle) & was briefly level with my cars' rear quarter its image on the display changed from grey to green even though the vehicle in front of it (ie beside me) remained grey. The first time I thought I had imagined it but it occurred twice more during a 210 mile journey. Maybe it shows green to indicate that it is staying in lane two and isn't likely to continue moving & hit my car?

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
With my car passing in lane three, if a lorry from lane one started to move into lane two (& behind another vehicle) & was briefly level with my cars' rear quarter its image on the display changed from grey to green even though the vehicle in front of it (ie beside me) remained grey.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed any change in behaviour of the old issue when pulling back into lane 2 from lane 3 when on TACC etc and a lorry was in lane 1 slightly ahead that the car had a panic?

I am sure many of us changed our driving habits to not pull into lane 2 when lorry was slightly ahead in lane 1.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Out of curiosity, have you noticed any change in behaviour of the old issue when pulling back into lane 2 from lane 3 when on TACC etc and a lorry was in lane 1 slightly ahead that the car had a panic?

I am sure many of us changed our driving habits to not pull into lane 2 when lorry was slightly ahead in lane 1.
This is an interesting one but I always try to get ahead of a vehicle in the left lane before pulling back into middle lane a lot of the time. Especially if there’s a reasonable amount of traffic because you just never quite know if they’ve had the same idea and want to change lanes just as you do. If you are side by side, they might not actually notice you as they look behind them.

Reactions: Mark62
Been on .8 just over a day and sat the a car park with the screen going crazy. Zooming in and out of my location, pulling up the AC and changing the direction of the air flow, turning the volume down. First 2 button reset did nothing. Second 2 button seems to have fixed it.