Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used Woodall for the first time. It isn't very good. Awkward to find. Awkward to get in and out of. Why it isn't at the Day's Inn is a mystery. Are there plans to improve or replace some of the poor sites?
I suggest you try Barnsley then tell us how you feel about Woodall. There are plenty of alternatives, not far south to Mansfield or north to FerryBridge, also a new site coming in Sheffield (suspect at Meadowhall). There's also a Gridserve hub thing opening somewhere near there from memory.

I don't see why they would retire a site that's got 8 x v2 chargers at a services, sure they may be a little slower than the newest sites but the food serving in the services is even slower.

I try not to over analyse the coming soon list, Tesla just don’t seem to be able to deliver to their estimates. Most sites get pushed back and plenty just get deleted altogether. Most U.K. sites are seemly pretty small by comparison to what is being opened in the rest of Europe.

It’s only really worth talking about individual once they have actually broken ground.

I suggest you try Barnsley then tell us how you feel about Woodall. There are plenty of alternatives, not far south to Mansfield or north to FerryBridge, also a new site coming in Sheffield (suspect at Meadowhall). There's also a Gridserve hub thing opening somewhere near there from memory.

I don't see why they would retire a site that's got 8 x v2 chargers at a services, sure they may be a little slower than the newest sites but the food serving in the services is even slower.
The new Sheffield one is planned to be at a new Tesla SC Just off the A57 near Crystal Peaks, the other side of the City from Meadowhall.

Reactions: srichards
Was at Cobham M25 this afternoon. All the gridserve and Ionity chargers were working and full with queues evident at each. Woefully inadequate! Tesla Superchargers on the M25 totally absent with the exception of South Mims. There is a shortage of services on Britain's busiest motorway only 3 in 173 miles. If the Govt. is serious about electrification it must impose adequate ultra fast chargers at every motorway service station.
Huge new one planned near Uxbridge right next to a mammoth substation. It is expected to have a huge number of chargers. A few years away from happening though.

That’s not my point. I get slightly upset about people referring to NE when they mean NE ENGLAND. No way could the furthest north point of the A19 be called NE if you think of the British Isles as a whole. Rant over and I didn’t mean to upset you - I was trying (badly) to make a point. If you have ever lived in Scotland you may realise just how “England centric” the national media appear to be. But this is off topic for which I apologise.
It is quite implicit that when an Englander refers to the NE, they mean the NE of England. Why would I be referring to the NE of another country unless I qualified my statement with the name of the country in question e.g NE France or even the NE of Scotland.
I would suppose that when a southern Scott refers to going North or to the NE he means Aberdeen not Newcastle
unless he clarifies the statement e.g.
NE of England, France, Germany, Timbuktu etc.

So, we are both being too precious here; you for being " slightly upset" and me for feeling it necessary to respond when all the while the K of GB and NE Ireland is going to hell in a handcart....hey ho, at least hand carts are green down here.... probably in the NE too.