Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do day trips from Dunfermline to Alford regularly in a TM3 SR+.

I'll leave Dunfermline with 90% charge and arrive in Alford with 25% charge. There's a 50 kWh charger in Alford which works well but if there was an issue there then getting back to Dundee from Alford with 25% would be a bit tight. Aberdeen with the detour would be possible though.

Not sure which way you go but I would be tempted to take the country route from Alford to Banchory then over the Cairn to join A90 near Stracathro. Excellent chargers in Banchory (2 in main car park, 2 at the sports centre) but all 4 are only 22kWh.

Not sure which way you go but I would be tempted to take the country route from Alford to Banchory then over the Cairn to join A90 near Stracathro. Excellent chargers in Banchory (2 in main car park, 2 at the sports centre) but all 4 are only 22kWh.
Sometimes do that, dependent on fog and snow of course. That's the route that Tesla recommends and uses 10% less range than via the AWPR however the wife is not a good traveller and Cairn O'Mount then the twisty bits between Lumphanan and Alford don't agree with her.

Used to have family in Banchory but sadly don't have a reason to stop there anymore. Lovely town and enjoyed spending time at Banchory Lodge.

Reactions: Tonybvi
This is Leeds yesterday I think - doesn't seem far off

https://twitter.com/philroberts/status/1284805050792120320

fghjklmnbvh.jpeg
How do you access the SC now as they are right in the way of the old entrance/car park.

edit: I think I see they’ve modified the road the bottom of the street.

Last edited:
So that’s 8 V3 stalls at Park Royal and 8 V3 at Leeds. That accounts for the 16 stalls that were tracked as a UK shipment back in November. Don’t think there’ll be anymore for a while unless an extra shipment has slipped through.

Agree. The route over the cairn is awesome. NAU Feersum Enjinn (m3P) loves charging up that hill !

A bit childish I know but I just love either stopping at the top or resetting the trip meter at the top to see how far I can get into negative useage territory on the Kw/mile o meter by the time I get to the bottom!!

I get plenty of opportunity as I live on the north side of the Cairn and it is my quickest route south.

Tesla have a planning application for a sign and flags at a new Service Centre in Cardiff, and an eagle-eyed owner has spotted that the site plan includes an indicative location for eight Supercharger bays. Superchargers are not part of the planning application but since they've been installed/are planned for several other UK Service Centres it looks hopeful that another Welsh Supercharger site is in the pipeline.

A/20/00042/MNR | INSTALLATION OF FACE LIT TESLA LETTERS FIXED TO BUILDING FACADE, NEW MONUMENT SIGN AND NEW FLAGS | FORMER STRATSTONE, AVENUE INDUSTRIAL PARK, CROESCADARN CLOSE, PONTPRENNAU, CARDIFF, CF23 8HE
Location is CF23 8HE, Supercharger bays at approx. 51.531400, -3.140100.

Annotation 2020-07-23 152456.JPG

Sweet work @cezdoc So I guess we can just ignore Tesla’s coming soon list. FYI @MarcoRP for Supercharger.info
To be fair it's not far from their "Coming Soon" Cardiff Service Centre pin. IIRC in ~2018 there was a grey Supercharger pin just up the road at Cardiff Gate services as well although it disappeared later in the same year. It's unusual to see a grey pin at a specific service area location so I assume Tesla and Welcome Break were intending to put something in at Cardiff Gate but the plans fell through.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Without me reading through all the pages, anyone know if more Superchargers are due around the midlands ? We only seem to have hopwood locally

Hilton park Southbound nearly finished. Pictures etc on the Ndili Superchargers for Tesla app on the apple store, so you don’t have to keep checking this thread

AKA supercharge.info, where you see the map of planned locations, progress etc on any device

Reactions: Ant M3
Tesla have a planning application for a sign and flags at a new Service Centre in Cardiff, and an eagle-eyed owner has spotted that the site plan includes an indicative location for eight Supercharger bays. Superchargers are not part of the planning application but since they've been installed/are planned for several other UK Service Centres it looks hopeful that another Welsh Supercharger site is in the pipeline.

Interesting one here... it's on the plan, but then marked as not being part of the application. Should we add it? Thoughts?

Interesting one here... it's on the plan, but then marked as not being part of the application. Should we add it? Thoughts?
Better than a rumour but not proof a final decision has been taken to install Superchargers... If the "permit" pins on Supercharge.info refer to locations where planning has been granted then it's not quite there yet (although many Supercharger developments don't require planning permission in the UK). No harm in waiting, given the location I'm sure any new groundworks will be spotted quite quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Anyone know the status of this site?

It's almost certainly dead - they lost their appeal against refusal of planning permission, so there's not much they can do.

This was a slightly odd case: they initially believed planning permission was not required, as there was an existing planning permission to extend the carpark, and adding superchargers to existing parking spaces is normally "permitted development" and so does not need a planning application.

However, in this case the main building was listed and so the permitted development rights didn't apply and on application the permission was refused on account of detracting from the setting of the listed building. Tesla appealed against the refusal and lost.

19/0023/REF | Retrospective: Creation of new parking area with the provision of 16 electric car charging spaces with associated works | Hunton Park Essex Lane Abbots Langley WD4 8PN

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and KennethS