Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a lot of choice out there. A lot is down to personal taste in terms of looks. I went with the Hypervolt as it ticked my boxes - it doesn't take up too much space, the cable wraps around it well, it has a schedule option to only charge during certain hours, etc.

EvolutionSolution near Accrington installed my wallbox.
A very neat and rapid install, with no issues at all.
Highly recommended.

( just need to be unlooped from the semi across the drive.The DNO will be digging the road up soon and taking up my block paving)

So I'm leaning now towards the Tesla Wall Connector 3 in terms of available space and magic-button, its also slightly cheaper than hyperbolt. Do the changes that come into affect today for home chargers introduce anything else I should be considering?

Excuse my ignorance - what changes were made today?
As of 30 June there are new compliance regulations for home charge points. There are various requirements (including the random delay mentioned above) but the details aren't necessarily that interesting. The important point is that there is a new compliance regime (that goes further than the requirements for the OZEV grant) and from last Thursday only charge points that have a certificate of compliance to the new rules can legally be sold.

The introduction is actually in two phases with additional rules, relating to cybersecurity, coming into force for charge points sold from 30 December of this year.

Note that this all only affects the sale of new charge points - any charge point you already own is not affected by this.

How this will affect the charge point market is unclear. Ohme announced very early on that they had updated the firmware to make their charge points compliant. On the other hand, EO has discontinued the EO Mini Pro 2 and is telling new customers they will have to wait until September when the EO Mini Pro 3 will be available. I don't know what other manufacturers are doing.

Last edited:
As of 30 June there are new compliance regulations for home charge points. There are various requirements (including the random delay mentioned above) but the details aren't necessarily that interesting. The important point is that there is a new compliance regime (that goes further than the requirements for the OZEV grant) and from last Thursday only charge points that have a certificate of compliance to the new rules can legally be sold.

The introduction is actually in two phases with additional rules, relating to cybersecurity, coming into force for charge points sold from 30 December of this year.

Note that this all only affects the sale of new charge points - any charge point you already own is not affected by this.

How this will affect the charge point market is unclear. Ohme announced very early on that they had updated the firmware to make their charge points compliant. On the other hand, EO has discontinued the EO Mini Pro 2 and is telling new customers they will have to wait until September when the EO Mini Pro 3 will be available. I don't know what other manufacturers are doing.
I just ordered a Tesla Wall Charger and they emailed me a pdf certificate with the receipt that explains it is compliant with the new regulations.

Good to know. I assumed it would be compliant, given they still appear to be selling it here, but there's nothing explicit on the web page.
In fact, here's the certificate itself...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 15.42.32.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 15.42.32.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: suresh.thomas@
Home - EVelec Ltd - Electricians and EV chargepoint installers in Brighton Based in Brighton covering the South East.

Gets my vote, they installed my charger over 3years ago now... and were super responsive and good value. Highly recommend these lads, they went above and beyond at the time.
They were more than happy for me to purchase the TESLA charger, and correct PEN fault detection device at the time. I know they are working for/selling the ANDERSEN unit also. hope this helps someone on the mission.

We've just had our Tesla wall point installed along with an external pen fault device by Blackstone Electrical. They're based on the Wirral but probably cover other parts of the North West.
I can definitely recommend them. I got a few quotes and Graeme definitely knew what he was talking about (compared to some of the others) and charged a very reasonable price. Nice neat job and I'm very impressed with the service.

Ideally it'd be nice to have a Tesla to go with it but you can't have everything I suppose! Fingers crossed for September.

For anyone in the Glasgow area I had a SyncEV Charger installed by Smarter Utilities today, it complies with the new Regs and is tiny both of which were drivers for me to choose it. It kicked in at 21:30 flawlessly charging on my Go Faster tariff waking the Car to do so. Very smooth and easy installation despite some challenges with under floor access, highly recommended.

Another recommendation here for Terry at Cannon Electrical in East Yorkshire / North Lincs.

He just installed a Zappi for me and is an approved MyEnergi installer.

Install looks great and Terry did a fantastic job at getting the charger where I wanted it.

For anyone in the Glasgow area I had a SyncEV Charger installed by Smarter Utilities today, it complies with the new Regs and is tiny both of which were drivers for me to choose it. It kicked in at 21:30 flawlessly charging on my Go Faster tariff waking the Car to do so. Very smooth and easy installation despite some challenges with under floor access, highly recommended.
Picture, can for scale !

Attachments

• IMG_20220719_172314.jpg
    IMG_20220719_172314.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 96
Can you turn the light off on those, or do they have to always glow blue?