Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] Holiday update - 2020.48.26/.30/.35.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing significant Phantom Drain Overnight on the latest Release not Snowflake and then recovers when driving just 20-30 mile straight range drop off in a night. I've had the Car 18 Months so I know what to expect in Winter no Sentry and Reboot seems to make no difference, anyone else ?

I'm seeing significant Phantom Drain Overnight on the latest Release not Snowflake and then recovers when driving just 20-30 mile straight range drop off in a night. I've had the Car 18 Months so I know what to expect in Winter no Sentry and Reboot seems to make no difference, anyone else ?

I've certainly noticed temporary spurious consumption variance after previous software updates. I usually give it a few days before thinking it's significant but it does seem to be more settled with some versions than others. I speculate that the car could well be spending time reviewing/resetting its systems including BMS etc as well as doing some extra communicating with the mothership. Today will be the first run for me since 48.30 downloaded and the battery will be like an iceberg! I'd better get it warmed up!

Check to see if its going online periodically. Mine is going online/asleep every 6 hours.

Touch wood... 48.30 seems to have resolved my issues with LTE, WiFi & Spotify plus keyboard entry for the web browser & Youtube (functions seem to be back as they were prior to the communications board replacement in December).

Unlike all previous updates, I haven't dared doing a two button+brake reset as the last one on 48.26 made things worse.

My 2021 LR seems to pull 1.8-1.9kwh every 12-16 hours. This seems circa 1kwh more than the previous software.

I can see my car constantly on the wi-fi so I know its not sleeping at all since the last update. I haven't done a reboot yet, so will give that a go. Was hoping to get a proper update to fix all the bugs first, although I guess that might take some time given the smorgasbord of problems they seem to have created for themselves! Luckily no where to go right now.

I can see my car constantly on the wi-fi so I know its not sleeping at all since the last update. I haven't done a reboot yet, so will give that a go. Was hoping to get a proper update to fix all the bugs first, although I guess that might take some time given the smorgasbord of problems they seem to have created for themselves! Luckily no where to go right now.

Doesn’t looking at your car “constantly on the Wi-Fi” keep it awake?

I hope they'd fixed the crashing.. that's rather poor, they're normally better than that. Sure they release things half finished or with questionable design choices, but it's never been unstable before.

There was a version for me a few months ago where my display would lock up entirely for a couple of minutes and reboot.

The worst part was the fact that there was no real visual indication that anything had happened - I'd only notice after a while that the speed wasn't changing (eg I'd slowed down for a corner and it was still saying I was at 30), or when it rebooted after a few minutes.

I'd have been pretty pissed off if I got a speeding ticket from it - I was on the verge of hooking up a GoPro pointing at the screen so that I had evidence that I couldn't see my speed.

I could have dealt with it rebooting (at least then the screen goes black and it's obvious, so I can pull over), although that would have been bad... but locking up entirely wasn't even vaguely acceptable

I had a ridiculous battery drain on Monday night. Charged to 89% at work, drove the 1m home and then woke up the next morning to find the battery at 55%. Sentry mode off, and I wasn't checking the app. Although the weather has been quite cold in the morning, I've never seen a drain like it. I almost wondered if someone had managed to take it for a joy ride overnight and carefully park it back exactly in the same spot. last night was fine about a 4% loss in the morning rather than almost 40.

I had a ridiculous battery drain on Monday night. Charged to 89% at work, drove the 1m home and then woke up the next morning to find the battery at 55%. Sentry mode off, and I wasn't checking the app. Although the weather has been quite cold in the morning, I've never seen a drain like it. I almost wondered if someone had managed to take it for a joy ride overnight and carefully park it back exactly in the same spot. last night was fine about a 4% loss in the morning rather than almost 40.
That's the kind of behaviour I've been seeing the last two night's, don't have Teslafi / Teslamate so can't see what the Car is actually doing, I'll check it again in the morning.