Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, if a vessel left Shanghai in two weeks then it would arrive in Southampton in the last week of June and this would be too late for the quarter 2 deliveries. 2 weeks later and we will be in quarter 3.

Tesla manufacture and delivery cars in the same quarter as that is what their sales figures are based on...
100% agree, I think it was just a load of garbage and was guess work as we have heard on this thread so many different responses from Tesla themselves.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Tezzela
No he was adamant it came with an account to watch content and said you can only use it in the car, it couldn't be used on your laptop or TV. I don't know, its the first I have heard of it anyway and he told me he had been working with Tesla for 4 years so its not like he was a newbie. Interested to know if anybody who already has premium connectivity can confirm or deny.
I just did, but you're arguing about it 🙂 (Model 3 owner with Premium Connectivity for the last 20 months....)

No he was adamant it came with an account to watch content and said you can only use it in the car, it couldn't be used on your laptop or TV. I don't know, its the first I have heard of it anyway and he told me he had been working with Tesla for 4 years so its not like he was a newbie. Interested to know if anybody who already has premium connectivity can confirm or deny.
When I had the test drive, I opened Netflix to show the Mrs, and it asked me to login. That was on a car with premium connectivity, as it had google satellite view etc.

It's unusual for a car salesman to talk utter garbage :rolleyes: 🤣 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl@_MCS and Puzuk
Just check Teslas website... it says a "A paid subscription to streaming services is required to access music and media streaming"

Ironically I don't actually think that is completely true as Spotify on my MS is included

Reactions: Jez_GB
With premium connectivity the Tesla Spotify account is just a generic one that you can't add playlists to etc, you need your own Spotify account and to be logged in with the car for full features. Without premium connectivity neither the generic nor personal Spotify accounts work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jez_GB and btc1k
Post #874 is absolutely correct. I, my neighbour & two others I know with Teslas can only connect to Netflix via our own accounts & Spotify is a restricted Tesla account based on a single in-car owner playlist.

Just because you have been told something by a Tesla employee, it's perfectly normal for it to be misleading or wrong..

Latest update from Tesla about my M3P order placed on the 11th of March:

<We can confirm that the status of your order is: Fully checked out.

The current estimate for delivery is mid-late June. You can expect to "receive your match" in the coming weeks, which will be communicated via SMS alongside information to coordinate delivery and vehicle registration.>

Again, this confirms what many other members have reported. Let's hope there are indeed all the M3P on those ships and no one will be left behind ! The fact that now M3Ps are advertised as June delivery make me hope that all the already ordered ones will be indeed delivered in June too !

Seeing in the Shipping forum that its the VIN numbers 235**** that are being delivered. My M3P VIN is 243 which seems to make sense that they did a large production run for the RHD M3's and then moved onto M3P thus the much later VIN. Is that how VIN's work?

Seeing in the Shipping forum that its the VIN numbers 235**** that are being delivered. My M3P VIN is 243 which seems to make sense that they did a large production run for the RHD M3's and then moved onto M3P thus the much later VIN. Is that how VIN's work?
In the past month we have seen everything from 218 to now 243, that would indicate they have made between 24000 and 26000 cars in the past two months approximately, Seems feasible to be knocking cars out at that rate when a full vessel takes up to 5000 vehicles.

Nothing much , email yesterday.....

1620657332664.png

Just out of curiosity if the sail is 28 days from Shanghai, do they normally send the "you have been chosen" text as it leaves or later on ?
Typically the “chosen ones” were notified when the boat hit the Panama Canal, now the cars are coming from Shanghai I’m not sure - think I’ve read somewhere that it might be when they refuel in Singapore.... not sure the captain decides where he’s going until he’s seen how much fuel he can afford 😉

• Funny
Reactions: Drew57 and K3v1n
Typically the “chosen ones” were notified when the boat hit the Panama Canal, now the cars are coming from Shanghai I’m not sure - think I’ve read somewhere that it might be when they refuel in Singapore.... not sure the captain decides where he’s going until he’s seen how much fuel he can afford 😉
I believe some have received their VINs and yet their cars are still on the dockside at Shanghai.
Just to add to the confusion..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.