Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i assume the indicators still blow out the image though no?

I paid Tesla to retrofit the newer ones on mine, couldn’t deal with how distracting the blind spot feed was at night when indicating.
Not anywhere near as badly as they did. I noticed it first yesterday. The images were so much better, it was a massive improvement in low light. Even in the rain the images were really clear. This morning I could notice a small orange glow from the indicator but way less than before.

The image is so much clearer it caused me to look twice….its that noticeable!

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and MrBadger
Appreciate that AP updates are notoriously hard to track but I am pretty convnced I'm seeing the car more reliably slowing to 20mph on entry into roundabouts and when approaching a junction in the satnav.

I was particularly impressed to see it slow down for a turn off the major road into the minor.

Reactions: eaglesrest
No, nothing has changed there. It appears it’s the Tesla app keeping the car awake through proximity. Our office is the same side of the house as the driveways so the BT connection is keeping the car awake. Tesla have done this before when tweaking the BT key settings and it appears they’ve broken it again, keeping the car awake when a BT connection can be established.
Over night when we’re in the bedroom, the opposite end of the house, the car sleeps fine.
Have you tried to walk out and open the car whilst the phone is in its normal position in the office - you may find you are effectively leaving your car unlocked on the drive - and if you do not have pin to drive......

Appreciate that AP updates are notoriously hard to track but I am pretty convnced I'm seeing the car more reliably slowing to 20mph on entry into roundabouts and when approaching a junction in the satnav.

I was particularly impressed to see it slow down for a turn off the major road into the minor.
I believe that I've noticed this too but, I've also recently turned the stop light behaviours back on.
What I now see is stop line in advance of a junction and roundabout but the problem is that it's quite a bit prior to the give way.
Result being that I press the accelerator and the car speeds forwards again.. What I've also noticed when coming off a particular motorway junction is that the set speed limit steps down towards the roundabout at the bottom. In other words, the cruise control speed is changing max limit and car adjusting accordingly.
It's not consistent at other junctions though so it's hard to know what's going on.
I'd like a better log of what it's doing so that I can understand what scenario causes the car to react in a particular way.

The drawback is AP now seems to believe cars in other lanes are directly in its path and braking excessively. I was on an A road the other day and AP visualisations made both the car in front of me AND the car on the left lane appear in dark grey. As a result, instead of following the car in front of me, AP would not overtake the car on the left... I had to accelerate manually... It seems there is definitely an issue with this release, or they forgot we are an RHD country...

Have you tried to walk out and open the car whilst the phone is in its normal position in the office - you may find you are effectively leaving your car unlocked on the drive - and if you do not have pin to drive......
Just because a BT connection can be made doesn’t mean the car will unlock. There’s a strength threshold for the connection that generally means you need to be stood by the car, though it does appear to vary by model of phone.

First thing I have noticed on a short local trip is the blind spot camera image appears larger and the colour is absolutely perfect.
Popped down the road this evening. B road, pitch black, no traffic. Camera image appears unchanged size wise. The night time orange is perhaps a little better but still pretty useless. But that was pitch black. AHB is still dipping for bend chevrons.
On AP, there was a slight slowing for one bend but at 60, it didn’t slow for the sharpest one. I would take it at 60 in dry conditions without issue.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
I believe that I've noticed this too but, I've also recently turned the stop light behaviours back on.
What I now see is stop line in advance of a junction and roundabout but the problem is that it's quite a bit prior to the give way.
Result being that I press the accelerator and the car speeds forwards again.. What I've also noticed when coming off a particular motorway junction is that the set speed limit steps down towards the roundabout at the bottom. In other words, the cruise control speed is changing max limit and car adjusting accordingly.
It's not consistent at other junctions though so it's hard to know what's going on.
I'd like a better log of what it's doing so that I can understand what scenario causes the car to react in a particular way.
Winding down on slip roads has been there for a hole and it's displayed on the screen. These new behaviours are "unmarked".

Agree that it's a bit slow but I'd take that over APs other neck snapping manoeuvres.

Winding down on slip roads has been there for a hole and it's displayed on the screen. These new behaviours are "unmarked".

Agree that it's a bit slow but I'd take that over APs other neck snapping manoeuvres.
Fair enough, I just hadn't noticed it until a particular motorway junction, however, come of a dual carriageway and towards a 30 zone and it doesn't step down in the same way
No big issue, I just can't figure out when or why it's going to behave how it does.
It would be nice to be able to get a lot trace to learn what to expect but it is what it is, of it's not there then life goes on. :)

Well this is a new one. Driving home yesterday on an A road I’ve probably driven on at least a few hundred times in my model 3 before, it suddenly decided I was driving too close to the kerb (I wasn’t) and tried to steer me towards on coming traffic. I was able to keep it in the correct lane but definitely a scary moment. It looks like 2023.32.7 may have broken more than just AP visualisation, which I wasn’t using at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Just because a BT connection can be made doesn’t mean the car will unlock. There’s a strength threshold for the connection that generally means you need to be stood by the car, though it does appear to vary by model of phone.
Indeed, was just a thought given how close you implied the car was to the office. BT and the car would not be able to take into account walls :)

I have found it to work with an iPhone 3 paces away- which is pretty close- but still inside the house… luckily it is not a place a phone would ever be left.

Don't know if its been discussed already in this thread but I did about 600 miles yesterday, mostly on AP on 2023.32.6 and have the following:

- It is now picking up overhead posted speed limits (smart motorways) more accurately.
- It also is picking up speed limit changes where the only sign is on the road surface.
- When coming alongside/overtaking a vehicle, if that vehicles trajectory looks to be that it will cross over the lane divider and into your lane it will slam on the brakes and lose 5-10MPH. This happened about 4-5 times during my drive.

Reactions: goRt
Don't know if its been discussed already in this thread but I did about 600 miles yesterday, mostly on AP on 2023.32.6 and have the following:

- It is now picking up overhead posted speed limits (smart motorways) more accurately.
- When coming alongside/overtaking a vehicle, if that vehicles trajectory looks to be that it will cross over the lane divider and into your lane it will slam on the brakes and lose 5-10MPH. This happened about 4-5 times during my drive.

I'm finding overhead gantries to be just as hit an miss. 80 or so miles on M25 and still missing many overhead gantry signs.

I've not yet had a (unfortunate) chance to witness but I am sure that it is occurring. But just questioning the 'slam on the brakes'. I have had this before where car lost 20+ mph (was travelling at 70 and by time I realised what I was witnessing car was doing 4x) in a very short period of time in early days of 'adjacent lane speed' functionality that showed the chevrons for the slow lane - which in this particular case was a merge lane separated by one lane and dividing chevrons.

1696411370167.png

But on most other true phantom brake events, I would have said most were lift off + a bit of regen rather than slam on the brakes which although can feel quite bad due to sudden loss of feeling of being pulled along, the implications for following traffic is normally much less severe.

Just trying to gauge the true severity of this.

Don't get me wrong, lift off especially with a bit of regen can be quite unnerving even if it drops the car speed by only a few mph, but its quite different from what is potentially a 'braking event' even if the retardation was regen only.

But on most other true phantom brake events, I would have said most were lift off + a bit of regen rather than slam on the brakes which although can feel quite bad due to sudden loss of feeling of being pulled along, the implications for following traffic is normally much less severe.
Fully agree. Any uninitiated lack of forward momentum at motorway speeds will feel like a big change to the driver. In reality if the brakes were being applied so heavily as some posters are intimating then the speed loss would be huge in a very short period of time. Just try doing a brake test on a quiet road from 70mph and you’ll very soon feel what actual hard braking forces can be like.

no.
you go M42/A42 dual carriage at 70 mph. it merges into M1 which is also 70 mph. this stretch Google Maps (both directions by the way)

at this point, where red line - TACC/AP suddenly drops to 60 mph

1696421907610.png

It always been this way
looks like car/map thinks forwhatever reason, this stretch of road suddenly becomes 60 mph rather 70

Reactions: goRt