Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get the Tesla app showing with an offered update in the app store and have to manually update. Is that normal for you all too?
No. I open app store app, touch on my avatar (top right) the update applet opens showing updates waiting and if I swipe down, I finds any others that haven’t disclosed themselves. Then I update all

Another frustration lately that I can only assume is down to the app. If the charge is interrupted for any reason, it won't let me resume charging without physically going to the car and unplugging the cable. I was playing with the timer settings on my charger the other day and it started charging for like 10 seconds, nothing I did after that would let me resume it.

Had it happen a couple times when I was on holiday charging on 3 pin too. At the time I thought it was just down to the way I was charging but apparently not.

Setting a charge from the app for the UMC charger whilst awaiting a replacement for my wall charger...

1. The ability to set a charge remotely is very useful.
2. Using my Go Faster 5p rate end as the Schedule Departure time caused the car to start charging nearly an hour before the 5p rate started. This was after I had calculated the SOC % to add based on 10A charging but maybe the car is trying to be smart on a cold night and stretches the charge out accordingly (but not predictably?).
3. Using Schedule Charge in the app and similar calculations the charge started correctly and also finished within the 4hr time slot.

I will use the Schedule Charge feature if needed in future, it's easier to be certain.

It strikes me that this is Tesla trying to be just too clever. A simple start/stop for both types of charge with several slots available would have kicked any timing problems into touch.
it didn’t work well in the car and is worse from the app!
Thankfully, the Zappi does the job properly.

Setting a charge from the app for the UMC charger whilst awaiting a replacement for my wall charger...

1. The ability to set a charge remotely is very useful.
2. Using my Go Faster 5p rate end as the Schedule Departure time caused the car to start charging nearly an hour before the 5p rate started. This was after I had calculated the SOC % to add based on 10A charging but maybe the car is trying to be smart on a cold night and stretches the charge out accordingly (but not predictably?).
3. Using Schedule Charge in the app and similar calculations the charge started correctly and also finished within the 4hr time slot.

I will use the Schedule Charge feature if needed in future, it's easier to be certain.
Try the ev.energy app, initially I couldn't get it to work but it's brilliant now. If you set limit charging to offpeak it will stop the car charging if it tries outside of the 5p window.

Reactions: Jeeves
Try the ev.energy app, initially I couldn't get it to work but it's brilliant now. If you set limit charging to offpeak it will stop the car charging if it tries outside of the 5p window.
I couldn't agree more. I've not even experimented with the Tesla feature because ev.energy is better. The only downside is if the car's Internet connectivity drops and ev.energy can't control it. That only happened to me once though. Moreover, every few charges you get a £5 Amazon voucher back or other rewards of your choosing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbychariot
A nice touch that I don't know if it is new or not.

Whilst amending an existing service request to add details of a new TPMS system fault (Winter Shoes [tyres]), I found that the app had its own dedicated category for this logged fault. I did have to select it, but I was then able to add my concern and some photos. That made it nice and easy especially with no obvious section for a tyre monitoring fault other than requesting tyre/wheel swaps and rotations.

So if your car has an ongoing fault situation, the app will offer it as a service request option.

Last edited:
Reactions: init6
App update overnight

Looks like there may be some changes to climate notifications?

1637217509243.jpeg

Changed climate notifications? Or from a recent car update? Turned off by default.
1637217688429.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark-R
Can I find out if its the same for everyone that clicking on the lock/unlock door icon on the widget opens the app. If it does I cannot see the point in having the widget. It use to be able to lock/unlock without firing up the app fully I find that so annoying.

Reactions: browellm