Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5 megapixel?

Who knows but a few comments about a different field of vision gives a better view in some areas. I would be surprised if the current HW3 hardware can cope with 5mp, certainly for the refresh rate needed for normal driving. Might be OK for low speed manoeuvring where they can 'tween' a lower refresh rate with their occupancy network. What had been done to protect the rear view and b-pillar cameras from the elements is the clincher for me.

Reactions: Durzel
Until the last couple of updates my 3P would display the car in front and the car in front of that. Now, 90% of the time it only displays the car in front.

NOAP is horrific in stop start traffic. It used to be great. Now its a jerky, vomit inducing displeasure. I’ve found phantom braking far worse than it ever was. In recent long drives I’ve had several AP “panics“ and the system disconnects for no reason I can fathom. Never had that happen once in 7 years and 2 Teslas before.

The wipers now have to be on or in auto for NOAP to function and that can be an absolute nightmare if you are in clear skies with dark clouds way in the distance. The wipers wipe for no reason, screeching across the windscreen and there is bugger all you can do to stop it apart from driving manually.

I’m convinced in the last update my car moved to vision only 28.2 and certainly for me the car has never performed so poorly in the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Until the last couple of updates my 3P would display the car in front and the car in front of that. Now, 90% of the time it only displays the car in front.

NOAP is horrific in stop start traffic. It used to be great. Now its a jerky, vomit inducing displeasure. I’ve found phantom braking far worse than it ever was. In recent long drives I’ve had several AP “panics“ and the system disconnects for no reason I can fathom. Never had that happen once in 7 years and 2 Teslas before.

The wipers now have to be on or in auto for NOAP to function and that can be an absolute nightmare if you are in clear skies with dark clouds way in the distance. The wipers wipe for no reason, screeching across the windscreen and there is bugger all you can do to stop it apart from driving manually.

I’m convinced in the last update my car moved to vision only 28.2 and certainly for me the car has never performed so poorly in the 3 years I’ve owned it.
.....dons tinfoil hat before commenting.....

i maintain that the gameplan for Tesla is to make standard "autopilot" so crap that you will be forced to pay for FSD. The alternative explanation is that Tesla's legion of developers is so inept that each release makes your car worse with iteration.

Reactions: DeejUK
It’s a strange situation that you buy a car and a few years later it’s not as good by design. Downside to over the air updates I suppose. Shame it’s gone this way. Usually updates have provided something new and exciting. I remember the early days of the 3 when cars were getting acceleration tweaks and extra range!
Yes, my SR+ was limited to 100kW charging initially… then after an update it was specced to 170kW … and interestingly a couple of days ago it was peaking at 176kW.

Sorry missed that.

Not noticed a difference myself, I have stopped at a supercharger without being planned so not been preheated.
There's been no recent change to the spec as far as I know ... the specific software update that increased the SR+ charging rate was way back in December 2019. It varies with lots of factors but funnily enough the 176kW (V3 Supercharger) was at 20% SOC and a precondition of only 10 mins max (though after a long drive finishing with an hour of 70mph motorway). In theory the very highest charging speed (only briefly) would be achieved at a lower percentage than that and with a longer precondition. Of course LR spec cars should be well beyond 200kW in those circumstances.

In theory the very highest charging speed (only briefly) would be achieved at a lower percentage than that and with a longer precondition. Of course LR spec cars should be well beyond 200kW in those circumstances.
Spot on.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 15.53.37.png
Of course those super charging speeds don't last for very long.

Reactions: Adopado
Now it may complete tosh but, I washed the car and the buckets ended up about two feet in front of it before I packed everything away.

when I got back in, the screen showed there was something 30 inches in front. There was nothing there.

Had it remembered? :eek:😂

I think the cars need a complete redesign and stop with the nickel and diming by removing what I feel are essential stuff like USB ports and sensors. At the rate Elon is going there will be only ONE car available for the 7500 rebate M3SRP. Ioniq 6 keeps looking better daily
The Original Ioniq Electric I sold to buy the Tesla, was lacking in the EV department but better on some driver aids; speed limiter, aircon seats etc.
The Ioniq 6 is definitely on my radar

Reactions: CWT3LR
The Original Ioniq Electric I sold to buy the Tesla, was lacking in the EV department but better on some driver aids; speed limiter, aircon seats etc.
The Ioniq 6 is definitely on my radar
My previous car Prius 2017 had keep in lane, so if I took a 300 mile trip it would stay in lane. Had to manually change lanes but it would stay in lane. It would also stop behind cars that were stopped and resume when they did.

Looks like Tesla have got a way to make sure there are no law suits! When you get your VIN you have to click to accept you are happy to receive a car with no USS. If you don’t, refund of deposit and no car!!