Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing mine as we speak!

Looks like it really is a widespread rollout?!

Glad I booked today off work now. I can play with my car, whilst I drive round all the petrol stations trying to find all the presents I need to buy for my family!

Merry Christmas people!

• Funny
Reactions: browellm
I’m less than impressed. Installed this morning and just had a play. It now needs multiple buttons presses to get to functions that only needed one before. Specifically wipers, screen demisters and heated seats. WiFi/mobile, dashcam and Sentry status have moved into the car menu rather than being displayed on the top bar, so when the dashcam fails yet again, you’ll have no way of instantly knowing.

Trips and other odo information is now buried in a sub menu, so no easy access to that whilst driving, nor tyre pressures.

And finally, you can only have four custom apps on the bar, one of which you’ll want to keep as radio as if you accidentally swipe the radio off the bottom of the screen, it closes completely and you need to go into the apps menu to get it back. Again, multiple taps where you previously only needed one.

Overall, its a much poorer UI than the previous one. Even the much vaunted live Sentry is a bit *sugar* as it flashes the headlights whilst in use! Hardly discreet!

Hi

Has anyone found a way to do any of the following in v11:

- get the wipers back onto the menu bar (I don’t want to have use the controls page whilst driving)
- Get the sentry and dash cam icons back to the top left of the screen which show when they are active)
- is it possible to adjust the map size / illustration size?

Thanks
Scott

Reactions: SergeyP
Hi

Has anyone found a way to do any of the following in v11:

- get the wipers back onto the menu bar (I don’t want to have use the controls page whilst driving)
- Get the sentry and dash cam icons back to the top left of the screen which show when they are active)
- is it possible to adjust the map size / illustration size?

Thanks
Scott
None of those are possible now.

Reactions: SergeyP
The blind spot camera popup is where the trip/tyre pressure used to be. Would be much better at the top of that area rather than the bottom I think, so it’s not obscured by your hand on the indicator stalk.

DEB97646-FF7A-4565-A58B-91D63B7093A3.jpeg

Was really looking forward to this one and I too am disappointed.
The customisable apps are really limited - why can't there be shortcuts in there like glovebox and wipers.
The audio player still has no space for any text to be shown (word wrap anyone)
And to access the seat heaters, you have to change the temperature (to get the quick menu). I thought it was going to be click on the temperature value to get the quick menu and then click on the cog to get the full menu!?
And I'm sure that coloured icons are easier to find but they do make the UI less slick now

Reactions: Filbert1884
A quick look and I'm already struggling to find some things. Profiles for example used to be at the top.

Seems most stuff has been hidden away in the drive menu, so at least it's easy to find, but is another tap that's needed. Not sure that's a good thing.

In some ways it seems one step forward (customisable bar), and two back (hidden features and more taps needed). Lets hope it improves a little over the following year.

I'm even thinking I might have to have a co-pilot when I drive, to find and operate the controls.

I’m less than impressed. Installed this morning and just had a play. It now needs multiple buttons presses to get to functions that only needed one before. Specifically wipers, screen demisters and heated seats. WiFi/mobile, dashcam and Sentry status have moved into the car menu rather than being displayed on the top bar, so when the dashcam fails yet again, you’ll have no way of instantly knowing.

Overall, its a much poorer UI than the previous one. Even the much vaunted live Sentry is a bit *sugar* as it flashes the headlights whilst in use! Hardly discreet!

Agree with you on first impressions it feels that more steps are required for basic functions. However the HVAC stuff seems to be far easier to access.

Will have to see how I get on whilst on the move.