Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a fan. Too many functions are now 2 taps away.

Key things I don't like:-
No driver profile on top bar
No dashcam icon in top bar
Trip stats no longer in card below visualisations, but now in controls > trips which blocks navigation
Heated seats icons no longer in bottom bar

Like the blindspot camera when indicating

Guess I'll get used to it, but overall, I think it's a backward step with too many commonly used functions being behind menus rather than in the top/bottom bar.

Yeah definitely getting old Android vibes (lol) but it's the usability that worries me more. Surely they should be optimising to reduce total screen clicks while driving, this seems to be going the other way but I guess we'll see. Auto heated seats could make a lot of sense but it's still nice to have easily accessed controls, like the current (old) way to control the heated steering wheel isn't great as it's three clicks. I'm always very conscious of navigating through menus with my eyes off the road.

Reactions: Filbert1884
Oh there is bound to be several bugs in the software, usually the updates trickle out with patches along the way. First thing I thought with such a big update, do I really wanna risk having bugs over Christmas - but the features encouraged me to update straight away, I usually hold off doing the update for a week or so. Advanced Vs standard makes no difference.

I already found that after the light show the screen stays on if you straight away lock the car without opening the door first. I'm sure there are more.
I was the failure.. the USB drive had become dislodged... a 30 second fix once I realised the root cause of the problem was the user, not the hardware!

Reactions: Iain
Found another idiocy. If you want to save your dashcam footage, you need to tap into the car menu, then try to tap the dashcam card. Ok, the card is bigger than the old top bar icon, but it’s now a further tap away. Last thing you need when you’re potentially flustered.

And, no, I’m not using “Save on honk”. Most times I want to save footage I don’t want to let everyone know about it.
Cant you have the dashcam icon as one of the 4 favourites and hold like we used to?

Only just installed but already annoyed that all the info from the top bar has now gone completely. Plus I used to like seeing the tyre pressures with a simple swipe. Not a fan of the permanently split temp controls either.

At least the customizable bar looks useful, but that's about it.

All this means more time spent not watching the road when I want to do something mid-journey.

Create your own lightshow....

Interestingly on that page...

"On Model 3 built before October 2020: left tail, right tail, and license plate lights operate together."

Just a thought... Is that when a harness change took place, so a cutoff build date for installing the latest taillights.

One thing I noticed was the blind spot camera display, which is occluded by my left hand on the steering wheel. Be nice to (optionally) move it to the top as it's a temporary display (goes when the indicator turns off).
I’ve driven a few miles since the update and I absolutely agree. I found it so much worse when indicating left rather than right - when turning left the detail (I.e. inside lane on motorway) is on the right of the screen whereas, indicating right the detail is nearer the map and so more visible to me.

I’m now risking being trolled - I’ve just completed a 60mile trip on m25 in various degrees of rain in the dark and I didn’t need to press the wiper stalk to clear the rain nor did I need to turn them off as they were going mad. Not sure if this software got patched in this or previous update 🤷‍♂️ .

Why is dark mode given such prominence with this release? We’ve always had dark mode. Is there some fundamental redesign?
Tesla had night mode used at night which could also be used all the time, but it’s not necessarily the same as Dark Mode.

Dark mode is becoming increasingly common in phones, operating systems and screen based applications to assist people with certain accessibility requirements. People with certain eye conditions can find it impossible to use bright screens and in fact can make people ill. Night mode or other high contrast colour schemes don’t always help in these situations.

At work we’ve assisted somebody with a variety of upgrades to allow them to use dark mode more than was possible with our normal old systems.

This is a good news story for drivers & passengers who require Dark Mode or just prefer it.

Last edited:
Reactions: browellm
I’ve driven a few miles since the update and I absolutely agree. I found it so much worse when indicating left rather than right - when turning left the detail (I.e. inside lane on motorway) is on the right of the screen whereas, indicating right the detail is nearer the map and so more visible to me.

I’m now risking being trolled - I’ve just completed a 60mile trip on m25 in various degrees of rain in the dark and I didn’t need to press the wiper stalk to clear the rain nor did I need to turn them off as they were going mad. Not sure if this software got patched in this or previous update 🤷‍♂️ .
On minor roads (country lanes) the blind spot image is wonderful... we don't have motorways in Wiltshire and Dorset, other than the M4 cutting Wiltshire in half. The A303 is a "wanna be" motorway, but it needs work...

Even more worrying, the wipers seem to work as they do on SWMBO's Mercedes, it is indeed a worry...

Tesla had night mode used at night which could also be used all the time, but it’s not necessarily the same as Dark Mode.

Dark mode is becoming increasingly common in phones, operating systems and screen based applications to assist people with certain accessibility requirements. People with certain eye conditions can find it impossible to use bright screens and in fact can make people ill. Night mode or other high contrast colour schemes don’t always help in these situations.

At work we’ve assisted somebody with a variety of upgrades to allow them to use dark mode more than was possible with our normal old systems.

This is a good news story for drivers & passengers who require Dark Mode or just prefer it.
Thanks. Does that mean night mode is still a thing in this release or has it been supplanted by dark mode?

I have my screen set to auto flip depending on the time of day.

Yes both the automatic wipers and headlights work flawlessly using the AI interface without using sensors, over to you BMWs @tomcat :)

Not a fan. Too many functions are now 2 taps away.

Key things I don't like:-
No driver profile on top bar
No dashcam icon in top bar
Trip stats no longer in card below visualisations, but now in controls > trips which blocks navigation
Heated seats icons no longer in bottom bar

Like the blindspot camera when indicating

Guess I'll get used to it, but overall, I think it's a backward step with too many commonly used functions being behind menus rather than in the top/bottom bar.
I agree. Not impressed so far. Removing the trip stats is absolutely criminal!