Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking 75Ds in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
crikey, sounds like a few have had horrid days with Gatwick. My wife popped in there today to pick up my charger and said it was mega busy although my 3yr old did get a little go in the mini Tesla. I have only been in once and had great service but then this was for purchase and not for after sales or repairs etc. but I have seen a number of people getting great service.

I wonder if its a bad week for some staff there and unfortunately the customers are missing out. Perhaps go back and ask that you would like to see your car be connected up and checked rather than just stating VIN number not applicable. Naturally it'll be down to what mood people might be in at the time but perhaps worth a shot.

Has anyone any experience with Brooklands?
I haven’t but think Kitty who was legendary at Gatwick is now there.

This whole scenario makes me weep and gnash teeth at the same time. A terrific gesture by Tesla to improve performance without charge (although I’m sure there was a business case there to) ruined by ineptitude which I believe comes from above. I’m certain this is way out of Julian’s control but he’s the one facing the perplexed owner. Shambles.

I wonder if its a bad week for some staff there and unfortunately the customers are missing out.

'Tis no excuse though. My visits have been mediocre in the main, on occasion I've been hooked up with someone who could actually make a difference and then stuck to them like glue ... and then they've been promoted or moved to improve service at another site and I'm back to mediocre.

+1

A fresh new start...

Booked in to Brooklands service centre to see the "raising star" Kitty (who I new from early days at Gatwick). She has checked my "logs" and says that I am uncorkable. So I am going along for my annual service and uncorking in the next couple of weeks. I might even ask her to see if she can have a look at my rattling door!!

Looking forward to reporting confirmation afterwards

A fresh new start...

Booked in to Brooklands service centre to see the "raising star" Kitty (who I new from early days at Gatwick). She has checked my "logs" and says that I am uncorkable. So I am going along for my annual service and uncorking in the next couple of weeks. I might even ask her to see if she can have a look at my rattling door!!

Looking forward to reporting confirmation afterwards

Really pleased to hear that @TEH75D especially after your recent experience. What’s interesting is Kitty could tell by looking at the car remotely, and presumably not the infamous VIN list. Be interesting if you could elicit any more I from her.

I had a response from the My Tesla escalation team this afternoon, only 3 weeks after I raised it. They said they’d forwarded it to Gatwick for attention. I then had a confused Julian on the phone o_O

only 3 weeks after I raised it

Sorry, beating the same drum, but I've had that too.

I changed my email service provider, then forgot my password, and couldn't change it (as needed to receive email and Tesla account still had old email address).

I was told they couldn't change the email address on my account, and to create a new one and they would copy the data across.

I did that, and after a few days the data appeared (no idea what they did, but I'm a bit sceptical on copy-to-new-account rather than just fix-the-email-address). I got an email to tell me "Should be OK, call us if not"

After about a week I got an email response for the Ticket to say the work was now done.

Another week after that my secretary got an email to say that I should now be able to use my new account

Shambles. Hugely expensive for them too.

Hi Guys

I have enquired about "uncorking" my March registered MX60 and have had a response from Leeds service centre......

I have been looking into this for you and yes, it does appear that if you upgraded the car to a 75D you would also be eligible for the “uncork”. If you want to upgrade to at 75D you would do this via My Tesla on the website.

So Basically an extra 30 miles of range and a second off 0-60 time .............which is quite tempting at £4200.00,

Has any heard any rumblings that this price may come down eventually, I know on the MS earlier this year Tesla put some sort of cheap deal to upgrade??

Hi Guys

I have enquired about "uncorking" my March registered MX60 and have had a response from Leeds service centre......

I have been looking into this for you and yes, it does appear that if you upgraded the car to a 75D you would also be eligible for the “uncork”. If you want to upgrade to at 75D you would do this via My Tesla on the website.

So Basically an extra 30 miles of range and a second off 0-60 time .............which is quite tempting at £4200.00,

Has any heard any rumblings that this price may come down eventually, I know on the MS earlier this year Tesla put some sort of cheap deal to upgrade??

Well it’s good they’ve come back to you with a positive! Most of the time it’s been a neagative until they look a bit deeper into the car logs or plug it in.

The S upgrade cost was reduced dramatically in April when Tesla adjusted the price 75, it wasn’t a ‘cheap deal’. Unless they altered the price of the X in a similar way I personally don’t see the upgrade cost changing, but the performance upgrade certainly makes it worth thinking about ;)

Hi all

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, I am looking to get a 2017 75d. I want to get one preferably with free super charging and AP2

Is there a way to tell before I buy it whether it has been uncorked or can be uncorked? Preferably from afar or of I can ask the seller to confirm something?

Are Tesla still offering this service if it has not been done already?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide :)

...Is there a way to tell before I buy it whether it has been uncorked or can be uncorked?...
No easy a way to tell, but I think on the rare occasion you find one corked and the rarer occasion that a service center won't uncork it, you just schedule a trip to another service center. I don't think there are any intentionally uncorked cars outstanding.

No easy a way to tell, but I think on the rare occasion you find one corked and the rarer occasion that a service center won't uncork it, you just schedule a trip to another service center.
Thanks Krash,
Was just trying to avoid buying one then finding out it can't or has not been done.

Seems like a lot of people selling them don't know about it and just post stock figures from a website they have found .

To make it even more complex as they are not as easy to find as a ford Focus some travelling may be involved to get to it, so just going and trying it for myself will not always be an option.

...To make it even more complex as they are not as easy to find as a ford Focus some travelling may be involved to get to it, so just going and trying it for myself will not always be an option.
I assume you mean the service centers. Find the one nearest you and call them if it makes you feel more comfortable. If you don't like the answer you get, call back later and ask another person. Recognize that new folks may never have done one. Grin.

I assume you mean the service centers. Find the one nearest you and call them if it makes you feel more comfortable. If you don't like the answer you get, call back later and ask another person. Recognize that new folks may never have done one. Grin.
Sorry I did not make it clear, I meant that I wanted to try and find out if the car could be upgraded before I buy it and that some of the cars I am looking at are not local to me, so I would not want to drive all the way there to check it out unless I was pretty sure I was going to buy it.

Sorry I did not make it clear, I meant that I wanted to try and find out if the car could be upgraded before I buy it and that some of the cars I am looking at are not local to me, so I would not want to drive all the way there to check it out unless I was pretty sure I was going to buy it.
If you buy an AP2 AWD car that can't be uncorked you'll be the first one.

But calling the service center with the VIN will not always get you the right answer to "is uncorked" or "can be uncorked", depending on the person called and service center in question, even of they would answer the question for you about someone else's car, which they shouldn't.

If you buy an AP2 AWD car that can't be uncorked you'll be the first one.

But calling the service center with the VIN will not always get you the right answer to "is uncorked" or "can be uncorked", depending on the person called and service center in question, even of they would answer the question for you about someone else's car, which they shouldn't.
That's brilliant news thanks, I am sure I can find an SC to do it , if it can be done :)

That's brilliant news thanks, I am sure I can find an SC to do it , if it can be done :)

Hi All. My story is somewhat different. i have contacted to two separate SC's . One said that they are no longer doing it, the other said they can do it! i then booked it in to be done at a cost of £58 (very reasonable), only to be contacted the day before to say that it has to be done remotely and that there will be a link on the app to do it. Obviously that link hasn't appeared!! Does anyone know a SC that can do it?
I have checked and my one is upgradeable. Thanks.

Hello

Can anyone here please share their battery pack# which was uncorked by Tesla?

“Your Tesla battery pack information is found on a sticker affixed to the front right side of the battery pack that can be seen when looking under your car from just behind the front right (passenger side) wheel.”

F8DF4EA9-F56A-4C4A-982B-79D926DB60BB.jpeg