Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the heads up and for handling it so gracefully - as a result of your post I've asked them to run a power test.

Uncorked and it feels so good....s*** flying around everywhere like my old Roadster. According to PowerTools (averaged from 5 tests before, 5 tests after):

before: 274 kW, 5.3s 0-60 mph

after: 354 kW, 4.3s

VIN 147xxx, bought from inventory late Sep 2016, Watertown SC confirms it can be uncorked. I live 100 miles away so I ask if this (and parking break recall repair) can be done with Tesla Mobile Service. This is their response:

The parts are available for the parking brake recall. Your vehicle is also eligible for the uncorking. I will forward this information over to our mobile team for scheduling. You should receive a call from a New York phone number to schedule the appointment.​

Hoping that this is all correct!

I don't know that there's a direct correlation. 2017.42.a88c8d5 is getting pushed to cars OTA and is the update that includes full speed AEB for HW2 cars and the folding mirrors enhancement. It's likely they just updated the car to the latest regular firmware while they had it there.

Yes correct. Some cars were uncorked on older firmware, so this is just part of routine service.

Looks like I will sell my 75D -17 and buy a 90D -16 for about the same money. Got a good enough offer and now I will get ultra hifi, premium interior, air suspension, electric tailgate etc as well. And also a guaranteed residual to make me sleep better at night.

Reactions: phaduman
Just scheduled an appointment at my SC (Palo Alto) for the upgrade. (75D 199xxx). When I called, the voice on the phone said "Yes, we'd be happy to do it. ALL 75Ds and 100Ds are eligible. But let me check just to make sure... yes, you're included."

So I guess they've gotten better at figuring this out. Plus, 100D upgrade?

On the same call, I found out that my vehicle had an error in its last upgrade attempt, so that apparently explains why I'm stuck at 2017.34. In fact, his records said I was at 2017.32, unless he misspoke. I'm sure all will be magically resolved with my service appointment...

Looks like I will sell my 75D -17 and buy a 90D -16 for about the same money. Got a good enough offer and now I will get ultra hifi, premium interior, air suspension, electric tailgate etc as well. And also a guaranteed residual to make me sleep better at night.

Really?? Unless you need the range, just give it a week or so. You will get uncorked once the rest of the world is up to speed!

Really?? Unless you need the range, just give it a week or so. You will get uncorked once the rest of the world is up to speed!

Yes I know but I'm far from certain. The extra range will actually matter for some of my routes but it's not really a must. Certainly nice to have though. Especially during our winters.

The performance is just a part of it though. The major thing is that now I get a guaranteed residual in just 20 months from now. It fits me perfectly and takes away much of the risks involved. Tesla makes us take the whole currency risk as well and if the dollar falls against our currency it will hurt residuals here for sure. Then there is the Model 3 and other new models. No one knows what a Model S will be worth in a few years. Now I get to know the worst case scenario.

It's got AP1 though. And next gen seats insteas of premium seats. Not sure how to value that. I think next gen seats are just as good and currently AP1 is still better than AP2 so...

Yes I know but I'm far from certain. The extra range will actually matter for some of my routes but it's not really a must. Certainly nice to have though. Especially during our winters.

The performance is just a part of it though. The major thing is that now I get a guaranteed residual in just 20 months from now. It fits me perfectly and takes away much of the risks involved. Tesla makes us take the whole currency risk as well and if the dollar falls against our currency it will hurt residuals here for sure. Then there is the Model 3 and other new models. No one knows what a Model S will be worth in a few years. Now I get to know the worst case scenario.

It's got AP1 though. And next gen seats insteas of premium seats. Not sure how to value that. I think next gen seats are just as good and currently AP1 is still better than AP2 so...

Got it. How do you get guaranteed residual in 20 months if you don't mind me asking?

Also soon AP2 will be outperforming AP1 and you WILL take a residual hit there, no question.

• Funny
Reactions: Windy City S
Got it. How do you get guaranteed residual in 20 months if you don't mind me asking?

Also soon AP2 will be outperforming AP1 and you WILL take a residual hit there, no question.

Well, I will take over a 36 month lease with a guaranteed residual with 20 months to go. (And get almost $10k to compensate for the current value compared to how much he's paid up to date)

If the car is worth less than a specific sum at the end of the lease I can just hand the keys in. If it's worth more I can sell it for that to someone else.

As for the AP stuff. I'm sure I'll be alright for 20 months with AP1. It does what I want from a car. I don't believe in FSD. Certainly not in the next few years.

An interesting article released by The Drive, speculating that the 75Ds that were actually shipped with 85kw battery packs (consumers unknowing) are the ones they suspect are not eligible. Have any 75D owners that have been told no gotten underneath their cars to see if they indeed actually have an 85? No mention of the magical fuse...

Tesla Updates Software in Older Vehicles to Shave a Full Second Off 0-60 Times

I was told my 60d->75d was ineligible when I scheduled my first annual service a few months ago. When I picked it up today, they told me it had been uncorked. The energy meter still only does up to 200, though. Does that mean it wasn't uncorked after all? The car seems faster, but I'm wondering if it's my imagination.

I was having trouble getting a clear answer from my local service center and after hearing other people having good results with various OTHER service centers I decided to just call around. I reached a very helpful lady at a service center to the west of me (local was closed) and she happily punched in my phone number, verified my name, checked my VIN on my account and confirmed I was eligible. After hearing of my difficulties with the local service center she went the extra mile and sent me service estimate, and sent a message to my local service center requesting they call me for an appointment to uncork. Now THAT is service and greatly appreciated! VIN 187xxx